Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can any of you TSRians solve this puzzle? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Can't you just take 1 zombie and 1 human across in each boat? Or am I missing something?
    Did you google it :rofl:
    because i did and someone came up with this answer
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    Did you google it :rofl:
    because i did and someone came up with this answer
    No I didn't and apparently it was the wrong answer anyway because the boats can't move by themselves. Personally I don't see why they can't just attach a rope to the boat to drag it back but apparently that's against the rules.

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't and apparently it was the wrong answer anyway because the boats can't move by themselves. Personally I don't see why they can't just attach a rope to the boat to drag it back but apparently that's against the rules.
    To be fair, they weren't very specific with the rules in that image, so maybe you could get away with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    To be fair, they weren't very specific with the rules in that image, so maybe you could get away with that?
    apparently there are some rules to this puzzle...
    the zombie river-crossing puzzle is a slightly tougher take on a classic riddle involving a fox, a hen, and some grain. The rules are as follows: three zombies and three humans need to cross a river in a boat that can only carry two at a time. There can't be more zombies than humans at any point on either side of the river, or the zombies will eat the humans. How do you get everyone to the other side? There's more than one valid solution!
    further information about the puzzle: https://curiosity.com/memes/can-you-...r-math-meeting
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yay many thanks :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    apparently there are some rules to this puzzle...
    the zombie river-crossing puzzle is a slightly tougher take on a classic riddle involving a fox, a hen, and some grain. The rules are as follows: three zombies and three humans need to cross a river in a boat that can only carry two at a time. There can't be more zombies than humans at any point on either side of the river, or the zombies will eat the humans. How do you get everyone to the other side? There's more than one valid solution!
    further information about the puzzle: https://curiosity.com/memes/can-you-...r-math-meeting
    Those were in the image in the OP as well, but I feel like they left out a bunch of rules which probably would have made the puzzle much clearer.

ReputationRep:
    1 zombie and 1 human there, human back. 2 zombies there, 1 zombie back. 2 humans there, 1 human and 1 zombie back. 2 humans there, 1 zombie back. The one zombie takes the remaining zombies to the other side.

ReputationRep:
    Those were in the image in the OP as well, but I feel like they left out a bunch of rules which probably would have made the puzzle much clearer.
    aha i know bud :yep:
    but i think you missed the rules or other info with this puzzle but still it's still too vague to be solved

ReputationRep:
    A rather unique solution
    --
    Take 2 zombies to TheOtherSide, and drop one off there,
    Return the boat with one zombie
    Take the other zombie from the original side and bring it to TheOtherSide.
    Take the zombie out of the boat and put two humans on the boat, when on TheOtherSide replace the two zombies with the two humans
    Return the boat with the two zombies
    Switch one human for one zombie, depose the last human on TheOtherSide
    Return the boat with one zombie.
    Take the other zombie from the original side and bring both to TheOtherSide

ReputationRep:
    zombie and human on boat -> delivers human to other side zombie stays on boat so 2 humans and 2 zombies left on initial side -> zombie on boat goes back to other side to pick up zombie -> delivers zombie to other side with 1 human -> so one side has 1 zombie 1 human, initial side has 2 humans 1 zombie -> zombie on boat then goes and delivers 1 human to other side -> so other side now has 2 humans 1 zombie, initial has 1 human 1 zombie -> zombie on boat delivers zombie to other side -> so other side now has 2 humans 2 zombies, initial side just has 1 human -> so zombie on boat picks up the last human and both get off on the other side

idk if it's right lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    A rather unique solution
    --
    Take the other zombie from the original side and bring it to TheOtherSide.
    Take the zombie out of the boat and put two humans on the boat, when on TheOtherSide replace the two zombies with the two humans
    Return the boat with the two zombies
    Switch one human for one zombie, depose the last human on TheOtherSide
    Return the boat with one zombie.
    Take the other zombie from the original side and bring both to TheOtherSide
    Your first step, you take 1 zombie to the other side, so there's more zombies than humans lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    Your first step, you take 1 zombie to the other side, so there's more zombies than humans lol
    Yeah but on that island there's only one zombie and no humans, thus no humans can be eaten since there are no humans there. The reason there can't be more zombies than humans is because they will get eaten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    Yeah but on that island there's only one zombie and no humans, thus no humans can be eaten since there are no humans there. The reason there can't be more zombies than humans is because they will get eaten.
    no loool the rule says there can't be more zombies than humans on either side

(Original post by bluemadhatter)
    EDIT: omg the dolphins are gone :cry: :cry2:
    whoa wtf

ReputationRep:
    they're parasites
    Says you? :teehee: What if one of them had your Rory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Says you? :teehee: What if one of them had your Rory?
    Do not get me started

ReputationRep:
    Do not get me started
    Don't start about zombies and I won't start about your rory :spank:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Don't start about zombies and I won't start about your rory :spank:
    https://www.google.co.uk/#q=why+zombies+are+stupid

ReputationRep:
    *hands rory to the zombies*

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    I basically just posted this because it mentions 'the other side' :getmecoat:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And it should be easy for you guys to solve.

Okay. I'm not completely out.

I just woke up (2am!) It was the last thread I've posted in and I can't really sleep now.

I quickly looked up on the Internet for the answers and they're pretty obvious.

So! I would came up with another answer.

What's got my attention is that the author used these kind of 'creatures'? Instead of something else.

What's even better is that I have seen a picture of people - us! Being perceived as zombies due to our natural habits, especially with disconnection to other people because of today's technology.

So, if we place a zombie and human inside the boat, the zombie should eat them, or something. (in this case it might be another person disagreeing with the other one on the boat).

However! If we are going to classify zombie as another person with bad intentions. We can then conclude that until there will be agreement between those two, it will be impossible to cross the river.

There is also a song on youtube I would love to share but it's a bed time(sort of).

Sorry for my baffling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.