Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i the only one who thinks some student room members are stuck up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Ofc you do! Dw about her she's just greedy :giggle: :hugs:
    Yay! Thank you Ethan :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cornflakes1688)
    Like i'll post on a thread and get no replies, yet people with more followers are replied to.... and girls with pictures get more answers, someone will start a conversation with you and for some reason just 'randomly' stop replying
    this is my opinion anyone else share these views.......?

you also get way more answers when you ask people about themselves compared to when you ask for advice ot study help...

Names please?

ReputationRep:
    So you mean the same Internet forum you've just 'wasted your time on' and who's arguing?!
    With the only difference that I try to use it with moderation and have similar expectations from other users. I'm not gonna remind us of who started the entitled, combative tone of this thread.

(Original post by Abolished)
    If you get A*s but haven't touched a pair of tits then you have nothing to brag about.....
    except being academically proficient ini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    except being academically proficient ini

Meh I stopped thinking that after A-levels..... Got to enjoy life while you still have it.

Meh I stopped thinking that after A-levels..... Got to enjoy life while you still have it.
    if you study what you enjoy then it's all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    if you study what you enjoy then it's all good
    Studying women doesn't seem like much fun. Unless......

ReputationRep:
    I didn't make this thread to argue , I made so I could see if it was just me or if they do this to everyone on tsr
    I struggle to even find where my tone was 'combative' in the description???
    *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    I didn't make this thread to argue , I made so I could see if it was just me or if they do this to everyone on tsr
    I struggle to even find where my tone was 'combative' in the description???
    *sigh*
    You're on TSR. People like to argue about what colour red is....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Only just realised that this is b8

I feel a fool now
    Well there's no reason for you to feel that way because is wasn't, I don't see how you can even make b8 from a simple opinion

ReputationRep:
    I c

ReputationRep:
    I
    I can see that now it's just annoying that people accuse me of making the post with that intention just because I disagree on what they said..

ReputationRep:
    I generally get replied to most times.
    Most people here are really nice so I don't understand why you're having issues with getting responses.

ReputationRep:
    If people aren't interested in your threads or they don't have the answers to your study threads or help to offer they won't reply. It's pretty simple.

I have quite a few followers and I have my picture as my avi, yet I still often don't get replies.

Don't make it into some big conspiracy and get bitter about it.

ReputationRep:
    Like i'll post on a thread and get no replies, yet people with more followers are replied to.... and girls with pictures get more answers, someone will start a conversation with you and for some reason just 'randomly' stop replying
    this is my opinion anyone else share these views.......?

you also get way more answers when you ask people about themselves compared to when you ask for advice ot study help...
    Some questions have a right or wrong answer. If one of these is answered correctly first time, no-one else is going to pitch into the discussion.

Some subjects have more interest to TSR's demographic than others.There are subjects which attract acres of newsprint but do not even result in a TSR thread. If you raise a subject of little interest to TSR members or on which they little knowledge or opinion, you are unlikely to get a good response,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XIX)
    "I got all A*s, Do you think ill get in to this Uni. I'm so worried!"
    this so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Thats just how some things have to be especially if you post on a thread and get no replies beacause of certain people that get more atention and postivity brought towards them, alot of us know how annoying some people can be and its irrating right, your not the only one going through this so remember that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.