Turn on thread page Beta

Is is sad and pathetic to go on holiday alone? watch

Announcements

(Original post by Lambert87)
    Hi all,

Basically I recently split with my long term partner and all our friends were mutual (but their friends first so not really mine anymore).. I don't have any family either.

I'd like to get away in the sun for a week or so, is it sad to go alone? What type of holiday would be the best for someone alone?

Thanks all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear of the split. Time for the fresh start to begin! I'd say about the holidaying alone thing is to just go for it, I read this and thought if i was you - id say just find somewhere you've been yearning to go and explore the inch and breath of it. Gets quite addictive knowing you're free to do what you want without considering someone else Enjoy & send us a postcard!

Otherwise I'd recommend you go on a sort of hop on/off trip where you meet new people along the way whilst seeing the sights and do it alone if you feel being in the group thing too full on.

But being alone you get to do your own thing and your pace. As the kids say these days YOLO! (Sorry!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi so did you end up travelling alone? how was it? what did you do ?

ReputationRep:
    ive been away alone twice now to Thailand. And it has to be said there are perks to going away on your own. You go where you like, do what you like, see what you like. You dont have to abide to anyone elses schedule but your own.

go for it

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.