Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    :clap2:

I'm so pleased for you. And it does - for some reason I just learnt the command as CTRL+G and have always used that one. I don't know many keyboard short cuts, just that one, the copy/paste commands, and the one that brings up my bookmark bar.
    try CTRL +W. So cool!

(Original post by LittleMissMay)
    Just...be careful.
    Haha, I'm nothing if not careful.

(I'll probably look for a 'For Dummies' guide to it. :getmecoat:)

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aizenosa)
    try CTRL +W. So cool!
    I'm Googling this **** now before trying it. :bricks: Never trusting anyone again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Googling this **** now before trying it. :bricks: Never trusting anyone again.
    looooooooooooooooool, please stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    looooooooooooooooool, please stop
    :slap: I'm stopping now. I have to get my beauty sleep before I allow the dentist in my mouth tomorrow morning. Good night, thread. :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Haha, I'm nothing if not careful.

(I'll probably look for a 'For Dummies' guide to it. :getmecoat:)
    Mmm so you're interested?

ReputationRep:
    LMAO:rofl:

Mmm so you're interested?
    Yeah, but it has a slightly different meaning in my mind. I still have a book on my shelf that a friend recommended to me last July that I was interested in but haven't yet read. :lol:

:slap: I'm stopping now. I have to get my beauty sleep before I allow the dentist in my mouth tomorrow morning. Good night, thread. :sleep:
    My mind is well and truly in the gutter. :sigh:

Good night. :five: :moon:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nope. It's all voluntary. A while back they used to do Amazon vouchers and free subscriptions though (for MBT reviewing, I believe, and some other role - can't remember).

ReputationRep:

Good night. :five: :moon:
    :facepalm:

Good night, HMan. :goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    I was totally thinking the same thing.
    The book your friend recommended...are we still on about black jack? lol

I was totally thinking the same thing.
    :five:

The book your friend recommended...are we still on about black jack? lol
    Somewhat. xD I was demonstrating what 'being interested' means in my universe.

ReputationRep:
    :five:

Somewhat. xD I was demonstrating what 'being interested' means in my universe.
    Omg I did not mean "mmm you're interested" in any particular way lol

Omg I did not mean "mmm you're interested" in any particular way lol
    Haha, I didn't take it that way. All I was trying to say is that, although I'm interested in black jack based on how you're described it, I think it likely that it's going to be a long time before I can bring myself around to learning how to play the damn thing, purely because I'm lazy/procrastinate a lot. xD

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I didn't take it that way. All I was trying to say is that, although I'm interested in black jack based on how you're described it, I think it likely that it's going to be a long time before I can bring myself around to learning how to play the damn thing, purely because I'm lazy/procrastinate a lot. xD
    Lol I thought you had a book for dummies on it because you wanted to gain expertise. Yea well it took me some time and lots of consecutive games and IOU's for me to get good. Now I make the wisest of choices but losing is a 70/30 thing, do you know how damn near impossible it is to literally score 21 :eek:

It's just fun doing stuff like calling for a split or a double, and other people never do that they just keep pulling cards till they bust over 21 XD those are the newbs really or just obsessed gamblers desperate for a 21 and cba to learn other methods to get there safely. Then they go home crying or never leave trying to recover losses lol

And also if you ever do play don't do Insurance; that's when you see the black jack dealer has an Ace and so you think the next card they pull will add to 21. Most times it's a loss.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Guls)
    so how do you become part of the welcome squad??
    I can't remember now - it was quite a while ago, when the Welcome Squad first started.

I think there's a link around somewhere that you can use for applications to the welcome squad; if I find it, I'll VM you it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Guls)
    My friends mates dads uncles daughters friends brother told me that every time you use TSR you can get some sweet dough. The question:is it true??? and where are my papers???
    Yeah they're called the CT. MrDystopia can confirm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehistorybore)
    Yeah they're called the CT. MrDystopia can confirm.
    ct???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.