The Student Room Group

What are you dreading the most about University?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ona27
I study in Maastricht :smile: Here they offer the Liberal Arts&Sciences programme, which is not common in Europe. Well, I hope I will get used to it! If not, I will try to transfer to another university, but I don't want to drop off again :smile:

it does seem to be an uncommon subject well it takes time regardless of any subject
Original post by similarBlank
Yeah, I just worked out that's actually less than I'm doing now! :biggrin: (Only by an hour but that's still an hour. I just wasn't sure because currently I do 18 hours one week and 13 hours the other, so 15 is actually good.)

And, I guess I could try to gt in contact with people. They still haven't opened up their accomodation applications though and TSR doesn't have a page for my uni. :frown:

You could do anything in that hour! Besides sleep, that wouldn't be fun :laugh: that balances it out :smile: Oh what uni is it? Ah mine doesn't open up until May
Original post by kelvin1338

You're very welcome! :biggrin:
I don't go until Sept. 2017 but I'm worried about not befriending anyone lol.

I'm not antisocial or anything, I'm just a difficult person to be around IMO.

Oh dear there I am bringing myself down again x)
Original post by Inexorably

In what way are you difficult to be around? :P

deferring for a year or still studying a-levels?
Original post by similarBlank
In what way are you difficult to be around? :P

Idk it's just stuff in my head. I feel like a boring person sometimes and I don't have that many interests, I also think I'm rather annoying.

I know these are just negative thoughts and I normally overcome these in social situations, but yeah there's no denying I just feel like a bluerghhg person who copes bette3r alone.

Original post by Jersey1993
deferring for a year or still studying a-levels?

Still studying A Levels :smile:
Idk it's just stuff in my head. I feel like a boring person sometimes and I don't have that many interests, I also think I'm rather annoying.

I know these are just negative thoughts and I normally overcome these in social situations, but yeah there's no denying I just feel like a bluerghhg person who copes bette3r alone.

Still studying A Levels :smile:

what you looking to study and where?
Original post by Davalla
When I started, I was worried that there would be no one looking to buy any dirt. Didn't need to worry doe; half Qs were getting shot across blocks.

Some of them were asking about brown. Are they clowns? This ain't bloody London mate.

this is the roadest thing i have read on here, you are a legend man
Original post by Jersey1993
what you looking to study and where?

German & Philosophy or German & Linguistics I'm fairly torn for now.

Not entirely sure where - for g&p I've looked into Leeds, Sheffield and Nottingham which all seem great. I think Leeds has my interest the most rn but yeah.
German & Philosophy or German & Linguistics I'm fairly torn for now.

Not entirely sure where - for g&p I've looked into Leeds, Sheffield and Nottingham which all seem great. I think Leeds has my interest the most rn but yeah.

interesting subjects i wish you all the best with that path ^.^
I'm worried the work will be too difficult and I'll fail or I won't finish on time because there's so much to do or I won't pass the first year to finish the degree. I also worry about fitting in with other students because they will probably be younger than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samzy21
I'm worried the work will be too difficult and I'll fail or I won't finish on time because there's so much to do or I won't pass the first year to finish the degree. I also worry about fitting in with other students because they will probably be younger than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you shouldn't be worried about fitting in we all have that fear but i think youll make friends easily :smile: as for wrokload and exams take your time and manage your time effectively and you'll be ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending