Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If she looks like Haifa Wehbe. then why not?

ReputationRep:
    Not Pakistani but i'd marry a Muslim or Arab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muzi123)
    Ohhh yh of course !!
    Arab women r a gift from God
    Me and my friends get excited over Arab women
    Wtf :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Family are Lebanese, they are religious. We're just not cultural or care what people think as long is it is right in the eyes of God.
    That explains it. If you where a khaleeji or from yemen/jordan. I probably wouldn't have believed. Especially if you said your parents approved

Any way in the arab society (on tsr)we always get atleast one pakistani guy coming in daily wondering their chances of marrying an arab. I think most pakistani men, especially muslim, would marry an arab if they liked them. The problem is whether their family will approve.

Islam encouraged not to judge someone on their race but their merits so bravo on being able to break culture for religion and feel very blessed to have an accomodating/supportive family. I just hope you develop your relationship in an islamic manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Wtf :toofunny:
    They are though

ReputationRep:
    Not Pakistani (Indian Punjabi) but I'd be happy to marry anyone provided there weren't any big conflicts. It's highly unlikely I'd marry a Muslim, though, since that would be forbidden in their faith and, on average, Muslims tend to be stricter than, say, Hindus about that sort of thing.

(Original post by A321)
    You'll be fine OP. Most south asians see Arab and white partners as a trophy lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most South Asians? Sorry, I don't see it.

They seem to gas themselves up online but I don't even know a single Arab irl.

Why are Pakistanis crazy about Arab girls?hmmm?
    Aren't you the Arab who kept saying he wanted an Indian/Pakistani wife? Strong 180 degree change.

(Original post by A321)
    You'll be fine OP. Most south asians see Arab and white partners as a trophy lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looool :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Quixotic-)
    They are though
    Tbh his last line was what made me laugh...

ReputationRep:
    Arab guys are most handsome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Tbh his last line was what made me laugh...
    http://memesvault.com/wp-content/upl...at-Meme-10.jpg

Ohhh yh of course !!
    Arab women r a gift from God
    Me and my friends get excited over Arab women
    that is a very weird statement. And why are arab women gift from God? Doesnt make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    that is a very weird statement. And why are arab women gift from God? Doesnt make sense.
    Its an expression 2 mean they are beautiful lol

Ooh lol i see sorry. Im not arab or pakistani btw. I think sometimes its hard for people to accept other culture coz they fear of adjusting.

ReputationRep:
    severely questioning your avatar rn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgili)
    Not Pakistani but i'd marry a Muslim or Arab
    If you arent muslim i doubt itd be a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    You are right, islam has nothing to do with the cast system, in fact it encourages us to spread out and get to know people from different cultures. However South Asians tend to be quite cultural which can clash with religion. Cast system is pretty much an Indian cultural aspect but Pakistan and India used to be one country sharing the same language, food, music ect so there has been some sort of cultural influence despite the religious difference. Those who were born and brought up in the uk are more open, but the families interfere quite a lot. I feel that it will eventually die down as generations pass.
    I'm a Pakistani and it seems as though you are talking about something similar to a Hindu caste system whereby some people are deemed lower than others in society. However, we have family sub-castes - these do not mean that you are lower than another family. They are more like tribes. So we have, for example, Jatts or Ranas and so on. You may see these as people's last names. But they have nothing to do with being 'lower' than another person as they do in Hinduism (which many in India have started to condemn). Yes, some families like to marry within their family 'tribe' but many do not mind. I have never been taught to consider these 'tribes'. I just wanted to clear your misunderstanding. It seems that you are trying to learn a lot about Pakistani culture, which is admirable. Good luck to you and this guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ok2)
    I'm a Pakistani and it seems as though you are talking about something similar to a Hindu caste system whereby some people are deemed lower than others in society. However, we have family sub-castes - these do not mean that you are lower than another family. They are more like tribes. So we have, for example, Jatts or Ranas and so on. You may see these as people's last names. But they have nothing to do with being 'lower' than another person as they do in Hinduism (which many in India have started to condemn). Yes, some families like to marry within their family 'tribe' but many do not mind. I have never been taught to consider these 'tribes'. I just wanted to clear your misunderstanding. It seems that you are trying to learn a lot about Pakistani culture, which is admirable. Good luck to you and this guy
    Technically, Hindu scriptures of authority do not say that a person is higher or lower than someone else: "No-one is superior, no-one is inferior. Like brothers, all are marching forwards to prosperity" (Rig Veda - central Hindu scripture)

“When one beholds one and the same Lord existing equally in every being, one does not injure anybody; because one considers every being as one’s own self.” (Bhagavad Gita)

The upper/lower caste system represents societal neglect of these essential teachings of Hinduism, rather than some central teaching of the religion.

ReputationRep:
    Why are Pakistanis crazy about Arab girls?
    hmmm?
    I have absolutely no idea but can confirm, Arab girls are quite attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawbringer)
    If you arent muslim i doubt itd be a good idea.
    I like a challenge

ReputationRep:
    did you make a new account just to say that
    Yes actually
    Forgot my previous password

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.