ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twhiddy)
    Thor
    Avengers Assemble
    Thor 2
    I love Marvel and DC's so I will watch them :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Can anyone please name good party movies or just really good movies in general ?
    Sharknado the original
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Hyde(r))
    If you're feeling really sadistic and want to feel disgusted to the point of severe depression, watch 'Funny Games' - not seen it myself but i know that's it's really twisted. It's not like those lame jump scare horror movies, this one really messes with your head and has a very deep message about society. Don't expect anything good to happen in it. Also, it's not necessarily graphic, it's the way everything is presented and the characters make it a horribly dark movie. Be warned.
    Ok thanks I'm definitely going to watch this.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Sharknado the original
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I love Marvel and DC's so I will watch them :P
    Enjoy! All three are my favourite films

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks I'm definitely going to watch this.
    Tell me what you think about it when you've seen it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twhiddy)
    Enjoy! All three are my favourite films
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Out of the horror genre, I liked the others, i think its a horror/mystery. Anyway its about a family who believe there are spirits in their home (Theres a twist at the end which is really suprising) It has nicole kidman in it. Another movie called let the right one in, its about a young vampire girl who befriends a young boy ( its a bit more creepier than it sounds). The foreign version is the best. The old movies are usually the best for horror (in my opinion) Rosemarys baby, its about a woman who believes her baby is not from this world. I liked the ring and the grudge too, the japanese versions. The ring is about a cursed videotape. Anyone who watches it ends up dying. The grudge is about a house with spirits who kill anyone who try to live in it.
    I liked carrie aswell based off the Stephen King novel. The 1976 one is the best not the new one with chloe grace moretz Its about a girl who lives a very sheltered life and is always bullied. Eventually she fights back. (Its quite gory and dark ) I liked omen aswell (ravens creeped me out after that) about a boy who is adopted but causes chaos and death whereever he goes.

theres a film called the cell with jennifer lopez about a psychologist trying to go into the mind of a serial killer. Its a bit dark and creepy but its kind of interesting... I dont know if its worth watching though havent seen the end.
    Fantasy- I liked Hunger games and divergent even if it is pulp fiction. Hunger games is about a world where people have to compete in a game till death. Divergent is about a world where people are split up according to virtues- there are some who dont fit in, they are divergent. (both worlds are oppressive and the main character leads some sort of rebellion) And I liked pan's labyrinth - this is a spanish film with english sub, its about a girl who meets a faun, who tells her she needs to complete tasks to return to her castle where she is a princess.

Im not sure what genre this film is but i think its thriller- the panic room - a mother and daughter hide in their panic room from intruders. (i really liked this one its pretty good)

Mystery theres inception and shutter island both with leonardo di caprio. Inception is about entering the world of dreams and subconscious (theres more to it if you havent seen it, its so good!) Shutter island is another mind boggling film about an investigation into a mental asylum. ( Theres a big twist)
    Theres another movie called memento its about a man who loses his memory but he is trying to get revenge while recovering his memories.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Hyde(r))
    Tell me what you think about it when you've seen it
    Ok sure!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by count_drac)
    Out of the horror genre, I liked the others, i think its a horror/mystery. Anyway its about a family who believe there are spirits in their home (Theres a twist at the end which is really suprising) It has nicole kidman in it. Another movie called let the right one in, its about a young vampire girl who befriends a young boy ( its a bit more creepier than it sounds). The foreign version is the best. The old movies are usually the best for horror (in my opinion) Rosemarys baby, its about a woman who believes her baby is not from this world. I liked the ring and the grudge too, the japanese versions. The ring is about a cursed videotape. Anyone who watches it ends up dying. The grudge is about a house with spirits who kill anyone who try to live in it.
    I liked carrie aswell based off the Stephen King novel. The 1976 one is the best not the new one with chloe grace moretz Its about a girl who lives a very sheltered life and is always bullied. Eventually she fights back. (Its quite gory and dark ) I liked omen aswell (ravens creeped me out after that) about a boy who is adopted but causes chaos and death whereever he goes.

theres a film called the cell with jennifer lopez about a psychologist trying to go into the mind of a serial killer. Its a bit dark and creepy but its kind of interesting... I dont know if its worth watching though havent seen the end.
    Fantasy- I liked Hunger games and divergent even if it is pulp fiction. Hunger games is about a world where people have to compete in a game till death. Divergent is about a world where people are split up according to virtues- there are some who dont fit in, they are divergent. (both worlds are oppressive and the main character leads some sort of rebellion) And I liked pan's labyrinth - this is a spanish film with english sub, its about a girl who meets a faun, who tells her she needs to complete tasks to return to her castle where she is a princess.

Im not sure what genre this film is but i think its thriller- the panic room - a mother and daughter hide in their panic room from intruders. (i really liked this one its pretty good)

Mystery theres inception and shutter island both with leonardo di caprio. Inception is about entering the world of dreams and subconscious (theres more to it if you havent seen it, its so good!) Shutter island is another mind boggling film about an investigation into a mental asylum. ( Theres a big twist)
    Theres another movie called memento its about a man who loses his memory but he is trying to get revenge while recovering his memories.
    Thanks for all these great suggestions, I've seen the hunger games, the grudge and the ring but I'll check out the rest thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please name good party movies or just really good movies in general ?
    Good party movies:

Spoiler:
    Show

21 & Over
    Old School
    Not Another Teen Movie
    Never Been Kissed
    Accepted
    This Is The End
    The Hangover 1-3 (obvs)
    John Tucker Must Die
    Superbad
    Van Wilder

ReputationRep:
    The Blind Side
    Remember The Titans
    The Impossible
    The Intouchables
    Project X
    Spotlight
    The Martian
    The Conjuring

ReputationRep:
    Idc if ur after party movies my list ^^^^ is BANGING
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    Good party movies:
    Spoiler:
    Show

21 & Over
    Old School
    Not Another Teen Movie
    Never Been Kissed
    Accepted
    This Is The End
    The Hangover 1-3 (obvs)
    John Tucker Must Die
    Superbad
    Van Wilder

Thanks I'll watch the ones I haven't seen!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    The Blind Side
    Remember The Titans
    The Impossible
    The Intouchables
    Project X
    Spotlight
    The Martian
    The Conjuring
    Thank you very much I'll check them out!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The Green Mile
    The Exorcist
    American Psycho
    The Wicker Man
    The Aristocats
    How To Train Your Dragon 1&2
    Leon
    Vertigo
    Rear Window
    Rope
    LOTR trilogy
    Misery
    Salem's Lot
    Homeward Bound
    Magdalene Sisters
    Harry Potter series
    In The Name Of The Father
    The Usual Suspects
    Woman in Black
    Lost in Translation
    History of the World Part 1
    Rambo series
    Predator
    Commando
    Downfall
    V for Vendetta
    Trainspotting
    Dark Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    The Green Mile
    The Exorcist
    American Psycho
    The Wicker Man
    The Aristocats
    How To Train Your Dragon 1&2
    Leon
    Vertigo
    Rear Window
    Rope
    LOTR trilogy
    Misery
    Salem's Lot
    Homeward Bound
    Magdalene Sisters
    Harry Potter series
    In The Name Of The Father
    The Usual Suspects
    Woman in Black
    Lost in Translation
    History of the World Part 1
    Rambo series
    Predator
    Commando
    Downfall
    V for Vendetta
    Trainspotting
    Dark Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woah! Thanks for the list!

ReputationRep:
    also "Truth or Dare"... this version:

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    also "Truth or Dare"... this version:

Oh, what's this about?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, what's this about?
    these party chicks & dudes have been mean to a nerdy guy ?

he invites them all to his remote cabin for a party.... what could possibly go wrong ?

:rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.