** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Just wondering if things like programming and learning a language are good for EC? also will doing an microsoft excel course benefit me?
    language - not in ibd

excel course won't add much value to your cv but may benefit your personal competence dependent on how it's taught. equally if you're not a complete dimwit everything you'll learn in the desk

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know whether any spring weeks apart from Goldman Sachs' are open yet? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Hey, does anyone know whether any spring weeks apart from Goldman Sachs' are open yet? Thanks
    Jpm, cs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Jpm, cs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Do Goldman Sachs look at applications on a rolling basis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Do Goldman Sachs look at applications on a rolling basis?
    no

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jpm, cs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you applied anywhere already mate? i'm waiting til the big day (2 weeks - brickin it large) before i even think about applying lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    you applied anywhere already mate? i'm waiting til the big day (2 weeks - brickin it large) before i even think about applying lol
    Lol, I already know I've bombed. Just hope I can pull a miracle with these SW apps and my contacts tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is mid September too late to apply? I'm starting a very nice student job in the end of this month and I want to put it on my CV.

My plan is to apply to GS/MS/JPM/BAML/Lazard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    I'm gonna go out on a whim and say their CV's were very good indeed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Come on elaborate. I wanna see what I am up against, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Is mid September too late to apply? I'm starting a very nice student job in the end of this month and I want to put it on my CV.

My plan is to apply to GS/MS/JPM/BAML/Lazard
    It's a bit early (some don't even open til October), and I would suggest applying everywhere if I'm honest mate.. Just applying to the top 5 banks is a recipe for disaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit early (some don't even open til October), and I would suggest applying everywhere if I'm honest mate.. Just applying to the top 5 banks is a recipe for disaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lazard is a top 5 bank?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Lazard is a top 5 bank?
    Obvs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Obvs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, ok then

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would apply for more, but banks like Nomura, RBS all the big 4's etc. seems to have very short SW's and traveling to England for just a few days seems silly. I want to apply for some of the more lengthy SW's.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I already know I've bombed. Just hope I can pull a miracle with these SW apps and my contacts tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have a bomb? Wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    I would apply for more, but banks like Nomura, RBS all the big 4's etc. seems to have very short SW's and traveling to England for just a few days seems silly. I want to apply for some of the more lengthy SW's.

I think I have a decent CV and a good chance of landing one of the more sought out SW's!
    All of them are 3-5 days bar GS (which is 2 weeks) and RBC/Mac/Cannacord (a day) dude. I would go for all of them because the odds are terrible, wouldn't worry about travel etc SWs are fully reimbursed and most often you'll get put in a hotel for a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys if I were you I'd apply to every single bank (indifferent cover letter for each letter of course) and every big four and BP, Bloomberg, m&g and anything else you can find lol
    As long as you have time

ReputationRep:
    I would rather do McKinsey than big four though! Hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    I would rather do McKinsey than big four though! Hehe
    So would everyone ahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.