Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Teaching your son in how to play sports, fix things, talk about girls, getting him interested into male orientated hobbies like football for example.

Teaching him about grooming,presentation and responsibility the list goes on.

The things my father has taught me, I can teach my son.
    What would you argue is a father daughter relationship? Or are men not father figures to their daughters? I have not seen one comment on this thread so far that considers how men relate to female children.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Those sound like the kind of things a mother could do. None of those can exclusively be gained from a father sone bond.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes could, but it is quite a rare thing to witness.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Some women have real balls.

Some men are pussies.

I see no reason why either gender cannot fulfil the role socially evolved and in many cases, socially engineered, to be gender specific.

ReputationRep:
    Yes could, but it is quite a rare thing to witness.
    It's not rare at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Some women have real balls.

Some men are pussies.

I see no reason why either gender cannot fulfil the role socially evolved and in many cases, socially engineered, to be gender specific.

Its is not socially engineered.
    Look at how animals raise their young.

ReputationRep:
    Which animals exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Female lions do the hunting and bring home the food for the pride.
    Elephant herds are run by a matriarch with males leaving the group to lead solitary lives.
    The females of Bonobo apes, hunt and distribute meat for their group.
    Killer whales travel with their mothers even after they are fully grown.

All of these are mammals - same as humans.

Tell me why humans are not socially engineered?

ReputationRep:
    Yea fathers should be around for their sons but not all men make good fathers either. That's why the woman has to do it.

ReputationRep:
    A woman can try to complement several attributes that a father would have for his children, but she will never succeed in substituting the role entirely.

Then again, I am referring to the ideal father figure. If the reason why the child ended up not having a father is because that man happened to be malicious to either the child or the mother, then a child will be better off with a mother trying to complement what a good father would do, than have a terrible one.

ReputationRep:
    Some can but generally not.
    Of course it is the gold standard for many feminists and Marxists. Have families with no father and the state taking his place.
    It has been proven again and again that boys especially thrive better generally families where there is a father present while growing up. More likely to do well in school and less likely to end up in a courtroom.
    This is speaking generally in the main.
    This is the reason that the government are desperate to get more men into early years teaching. Stupidly I thought it was at long last a recognition of gender bias in that field. In many junior schools 100% of teachers are women and the only man they see is a janitor.For many boys brought up by lone mothers in communities where even uncles are rare, the first male role model they come across on a daily basis is when they get into high school. All to often they are lost to gang culture by then and older boys are what they have learned from.
    This is particularly a problem in the black community.
    Not my words, the government's.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh no. But some women can be very good at it. Same for men they will struggle to do a mothers role. But some can be exceptions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.