Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animaria)
    But are u black tho??
    nope, doesn't mean I can't support racial equality though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animaria)
    But are u black tho??
    ayy is you Iraqi girl who i was speaking to the other day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner;[url="tel:64066945")
    64066945[/url]]Only two centuries? Pfft. My Irish ancestors were brutally oppressed by various foreign entities for almost two thousand years. So when do I get my licence to ***** and complain and harbour a perpetual victim complex?
    At LEAST 2 centuries-I'm nota historian so I don't all the history or how long black people have been oppressed. Also why are we measuring ? I don't get it oppression is oppression , whether it lasted 1 day or 1 century-the bottom line is that it's wrong .

ReputationRep:
    Well this has been fun to watch. Well, here we go.

(Original post by trillshh)
    There's been multiple increases in the amount of stop and searches on black people as opposed to white people. It's not just about plain law.
    Please provide data to back this up or I will assume you are making this up.

(Original post by Mentally)
    Im on my phone right now. Ill respond asap when im on a desktop. Atleast you can admit the there is some sort of racism in the police department, thats a step too far for the right in america to even acknowledge, and your friends in the 'Trump fan club' just might disown you.
    Don't go for personal attacks. It makes you look weak.

(Original post by S.olk)
    Yeah all lives matter but black lives are the most at risk now so lets get to 'all live' later. Thankss
    How is this so? Have you got any proof that the lives of black people are more at risk right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhemily99)
    you can't be racist to white people, nice try sweaty
    Racism is judging someone based of the colour of their skin. Why would white people be exempted from this?

ReputationRep:
    Black Lifes matter is just another US spawn movement which is about everyone bowing to the numerous entitlements of middle to upper class college kids.

I'm happy to be a shtlord.

Haven't got time for Social Justice Warriors. Got real things to protest about like the continuous austerity which is being laid on the poorest in society.

Continue whining about cultural appropriation.

Got a question. If stealing culture is racist then I demand that blacks quit using all the technology that non-blacks created. See how far you go then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trillshh)
    Depends on your definition of racism.

If we go by the dictionary definition of racism, then obviously you can.
    If we talk about racism coming about as a product of racialization and institutionalisation, then technically you can't homie
    Racism is when people have power + prejudice against a race
    thats not possible for white people, you can't be racist to white people end of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE EPIC Panda)
    Racism is judging someone based of the colour of their skin. Why would white people be exempted from this?
    racism is when people have power +prejudice against a race
    you can't be racist to white people, you can be prejudiced although but that doesn't really make a difference because white privilege kinda cancels that out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    black lifes matter is just another us spawn movement which is about everyone bowing to the numerous entitlements of middle to upper class college kids.

I'm happy to be a shtlord.

Haven't got time for social justice warriors. Got real things to protest about like the continuous austerity which is being laid on the poorest in society.

Continue whining about cultural appropriation.

Got a question. If stealing culture is racist then i demand that blacks quit using all the technology that non-blacks created. See how far you go then.
    technology is not culture you silly person
    youre trying to hide your racism complex by saying there are more important things to focus on, but guess what 64 million people in britain im pretty sure we can cope with more than one issue at a time

Jesus when will this useless argument end?
    Don't you all have better things to do than go back forth over and over on the same ****ing subject?!

Okay:
    Saying black lives matter does not mean only black lives matter
    Being racist is bad
    Shooting innocent people is bad
    Violent protesting is bad

/thread

ReputationRep:
    racism is when people have power +prejudice against a race
    you can't be racist to white people, you can be prejudiced although but that doesn't really make a difference because white privilege kinda cancels that out
    No thanks. That isn't what the dictionary says it is.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...cism?q=racism+

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dic...english/racism

I could go on, but they'd all say the same.

ReputationRep:
    No thanks. That isn't what the dictionary says it is.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...cism?q=racism+

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dic...english/racism

I could go on, but they'd all say the same.
    the dictionary isn't correct in terms of society, idealistically all words would mean what they were supposed to, but in the world they simply don't, get over it

ReputationRep:
    the dictionary isn't correct in terms of society, idealistically all words would mean what they were supposed to, but in the world they simply don't, get over it
    No. The dictionary changes to reflect changes in a words meaning. Like gay from meaning happy to another term for a homosexual. Your social sciences definition isn't what the english speeking world agrees the definition of racism is.

ReputationRep:
    All lives matter.

ReputationRep:
    Racism is when people have power + prejudice against a race
    thats not possible for white people, you can't be racist to white people end of
    really im a poor white man and have been racially abused before so your talking crap mate go educate yourself .

ReputationRep:
    technology is not culture you silly person
    youre trying to hide your racism complex by saying there are more important things to focus on, but guess what 64 million people in britain im pretty sure we can cope with more than one issue at a time
    Calling me a racist doesn't bother me to be honest because I am a self confessed racist. I discriminate freely. I prefer to live as a separatist and I live in one of the whitest counties of the UK.

I'm not into the way different cultures sort their civil dealings out. I prefer the anglo-saxon way which involves civil courts instead of mass gang beatings.

There is no law about preferring to live in isolation. There for I choose to not put up with the black lifes matters rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Im getting bored of these ignorant remarks.
    Black lives matter doesn't mean
    ONLY black lives matters.

It means Black lives ALSO matters. And apparently the black community feels a need to repeat this when you look at the injustice happening to the black community e.g. the number of unarmed blacks killed by police
    Well BLM sure has hell acts like only black lives matter... When it suits them.

White cop shoots black man under mostly unknown circumstances? PROTEST! RIOT! OUR LIVES MATTER!! Thousands of innocent black people murdered by other black people that same month as a result of rampant gang violence, cultural issues and social deterioration within black communities? Too busy staging sit-ins outside police stations to care, it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Can you prove that in the UK, white privilege is a thing? Can you point to a law that actively harms anyone that isn't white ?
    There don't have to be specific laws discriminating against black people, its the way that the culture in general institutionalises racism. See: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...o-prosecutions

ReputationRep:
    All lives matter.
    Given the history of the world black lives matter > white lives matter

ReputationRep:
    all lives matter! not just black or white etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.