Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

13th Apr: What do you think is the best age to have kids? watch

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has there very own opinion on these sort of subject as do I. I am going to share what I think is the right age to have children. In my personal opinion i believe that the right time to have children if you are planning on having them is in your late 20s. I know a lot of women tend to worry about not being able to become pregnant and all but studies have proven that in your 20s is when your eggs are most fertile and therefore you are more likely to get pregnant. I believe that this is the right time also because you get to live your life as an adult and have fun whilst you haven't got children and when you get a bit older and feel like you don't want to go out as much you can then have your kids to keep you company and hopefully would have created a lovely family. I hope my thoughts have helped.

Regards

Taylor

ReputationRep:
    I started planning my life as a kid, and children were definitely something that I wanted to invest in

For me personally, I've always been told to do everything that I wish to do before I have a family - have a successful career, travel the world and get married.

My personal goal would be to have kids around the late 20s (26-29) to early 30s (31-34) - I'm in no way implying that everyone should abide by that, but I would just want to have children around then so I can do a lot more with them whilst I'm still able to.

I've always wanted to have my own children, but one of my all-time most important things for me to do is adopt a child - to give a child whose had a troubled life the life that they've always dreamed of in a home that is safe and with a family that love them

Financial stability is always a necessity too! If you can't afford to support them then chances are you'll be struggling.

ReputationRep:
    that is a pug

not the same as a kid

(Original post by LibertyMan)
    FRIENDLY REMINDER!

Your "career" is not important, and it is going to be worthless.

What you take so seriously and protectingly label your "career", to others, looks like shіt nobody cares about that you waste your time on.

You have NO excuse not to have at least 2 (2.1, if you want to be technical) children in the midst of your oh-so-precious "career".

If it ruins your career, then you are bad at time management, which is extra-laughable, because your pointless career hasn't even succeeded because of your own incompetence.

Now, unless you are Elon Musk, Obama, or Stephen Hawking, your time is not so important to the world that you cannot afford to spend a fraction of it on building a family.

And guess what? Even these individuals had multiple children.
    Children costs money, so climbing the career ladder will ensure that you are in a better financial position to have children

Also you can't compare us with celebrities - they are showered in money and they hired nannies while they were focusing on their career, not something your average Joe Bloggs can afford.

To answer OPs question I would love to have kids ideally before 30, but 40 is the absolute cut off line for me. (I'm a guy) This is going to sound strange but it really pisses me off when 50+ year old men have children usually with much younger wives especially if he has other children who are old enough to be parents themselves because it's not right!

I'm actually mostly gay (slightly bicurious about girls) but I would like to have children the conventional way even though I can't see myself in a relationship with a woman. It doesn't feel right to me to adopt or raise children with another man, I'd want my kids to have a mum and dad (not necessarily together). I have nothing against gay adoption or adoption in itself, it's just not something I would do

ReputationRep:
    never. kids are cancer.

ReputationRep:
    I want kids, and I'm asexual. I'm also pretty sure I'm aromantic. I will therefore never get married.

However, in the future, I may have a queerplatonic partner (romantic partner without the romance or sex) with whom I would raise children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    never. kids are cancer.
    Is this not a bit too harsh?

(Original post by Katty3)
    I want kids, and I'm asexual. I'm also pretty sure I'm aromantic. I will therefore never get married.
    (...)
    In short: you think about an opportunity to adopt children, am I right?

ReputationRep:
    I used to think it was about 25 but now I'm 25 and still wandering around in the dark bumping into things so maybe 35. Or never.

Normally my family have kids young. We have five generations atm because there's 20 years between us all from my great grandmother down to my cousin's new baby. I'm a bit meh about it really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)

In short: you think about an opportunity to adopt children, am I right?
    Not necessarily. I have a uterus so theoretically I could get pregnant with donor sperm and have a child that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Never!!!!

ReputationRep:
    35, I'm a guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Not necessarily. I have a uterus so theoretically I could get pregnant with donor sperm and have a child that way.
    That is right. This came not into my mind. It is really another option for an asexuell woman. And which of those options do you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    20+

ReputationRep:
    Probably late 20s to mid 30s

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to have kids when I'm like 27/28 but if I don't find a guy/girl I can imagine having a future with then I'll focus on my career and adopt dogs and kids

ReputationRep:
    Around 18-20, both on health grounds, and in terms of being able to establish a full independent life after they've left home (36-38 is still pretty young, 50 isn't).

Socially we're no longer set up to do this of course and most people will realistically be looking at 30. That is a problem with our society.

ReputationRep:
    25-29

ReputationRep:
    Since I am planning on staying at Uni until my late 20s, probably my early 30s would be the best time for me.

I don't plan on having kids anyways

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20. I do not plan to have any until I know I am financially so solid or on a very likely path towards that within 5-10 years. So much so that I could afford to give them anything which I thought was essential and anything important (within reason) that they could ask from me e.g their uni tuition, buy small flat for them after uni, car- not saying I would indulge their every whim or anything though. I think many people who decide they want to become parents are a little impulsive and don't consider this long term factor- saying this because I grew up in a broke family where lacking money definitely made the troubles we had worse.
    If this was all set and wasn't an issue I agree with Sam in the post above- the best age I reckon is 25-29 in my opinion too- young but mature enough I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    25 is the best age to get married and to start having children.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 23, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.