Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Can you really not? Because when you set it up, I ran outside thinking there's been a solar eclipse.
    Now that I've gone and checked what's in my signature, if you're referring to the Labour Chair thing I can't help the size of the image, it wasn't me who made it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I must say members are polling UKIP quite high ..... My defection will most likely not have an impact on how many seats we win as a party .... we could get another defection to UKIP if the right government is formed
    I doubt that. There are two possible defectors to Ukip, one is in a position where it would be distinctly embarrassing to the Tories if he defected, and the other is so much of a Tory that it's just not possible to imagine him in any other party.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I doubt that. There are two possible defectors to Ukip, one is in a position where it would be distinctly embarrassing to the Tories if he defected, and the other is so much of a Tory that it's just not possible to imagine him in any other party.
    I think I know one of the 2 members you are mentioning .... I have 2 members in mind when speaking of the 2nd members
    Like I said just because one member ( me ) defected to UKIP doesn't suddenly mean we will get more seats although it does strengthen relationship between parties and coalition partners
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think I know one of the 2 members you are mentioning .... I have 2 members in mind when speaking of the 2nd members
    Like I said just because one member ( me ) defected to UKIP doesn't suddenly mean we will get more seats although it does strengthen relationship between parties and coalition partners
    You seem to overinflate your importance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    If I were to guess the embarrassment would be LP, and the too Tory would be either myself or possibly Rakas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    If I were to guess the embarrassment would be LP, and the too Tory would be either myself or possibly Rakas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bang on (the too Tory is indeed you).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You seem to overinflate your importance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said that because I defected it doesn't mean that others will defect or we will gain anymore seats

ReputationRep:
    I said that because I defected it doesn't mean that others will defect or we will gain anymore seats
    It means literally nothing mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    But you do suggest it will make it easier for other parties, I suppose really you're talking about the Tories, to work with you despite being a self confessed racist

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    It means literally nothing mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I'm at least trying to get across

But you do suggest it will make it easier for other parties, I suppose really you're talking about the Tories, to work with you despite being a self confessed racist

Posted from TSR Mobile

What I'm trying to get across if person A defects Party B then it might be easier for the party person A used to be in be to work with Party B as members can agree on issues ...... at least try to understand my point instead of making cheap insults which have no effect what so ever and they back up your point
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

What I'm trying to get across if person A defects Party B then it might be easier for the party person A used to be in be to work with Party B as members can agree on issues ...... at least try to understand my point instead of making cheap insults which have no effect what so ever and they back up your point
    Apart from when the policies are heavily incompatible in the first place to the point that even those sympathetic to the idea reject them, and not even having the decency to wait until after the election and instead jump ship very shortly before; I'm also not sure how quoting you admitting to being racist is a cheap insult and doesn't back up the point when most of the rest of the MHoC, even if they are racist, so openly say it and push policies to that end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

How does it mean that if person As defection was down to disagreements with party B or incompatibility?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Apart from when the policies are heavily incompatible in the first place to the point that even those sympathetic to the idea reject them, and not even having the decency to wait until after the election and instead jump ship very shortly before; I'm also not sure how quoting you admitting to being racist is a cheap insult and doesn't back up the point when most of the rest of the MHoC, even if they are racist, so openly say it and push policies to that end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What does the time of my defection have to do with it ? i have you know i tried to stay with the party until the end of the term however UKIP approached me first with the chance to defect Talking of polices there are some overlaps , Defence , Europe so they are not totally incompatible . but I forgot because you say the two parties are incompatible then they must be so we can't possible compromise or at least try to negotiate .

(Original post by Lime-man)
    How does it mean that if person As defection was down to disagreements with party B or incompatibility?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If two parties agree on some issues ( Like Lab/Lib) then there is some common ground to work on however I accept that parties don't agree on everything
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What does the time of my defection have to do with it ? i have you know i tried to stay with the party until the end of the term however UKIP approached me first with the chance to defect Talking of polices there are some overlaps , Defence , Europe so they are not totally incompatible . but I forgot because you say the two parties are incompatible then they must be so we can't possible compromise or at least try to negotiate .
    We aren't talking about party policy, we are talking about YOU and your obsessions; hell, even UKIP rejected your extreme islamaphobia, and that's all you seem interested in doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    We aren't talking about party policy, we are talking about YOU and your obsessions; hell, even UKIP rejected your extreme islamaphobia, and that's all you seem interested in doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UKIP Did'nt rejected the bill ...

ReputationRep:
    UKIP Did'nt rejected the bill ( Not even islamaphobia which doesn't even exist ) the majority of MPs actually supported it it was down to 2 MPs who rejected it on certain sections that it became a PMB that Nigel Farage MEP seconded .....
    I hate black people.

Racism doesnt exist.

I hate women.

Misogyny doesnt exist.

I hate ****.

Homophobia doesn't exist

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UKIP Did'nt rejected the bill ( Not even islamaphobia ) the majority of MPs actually supported it it was down to 2 MPs who rejected it on certain sections that it became a PMB that Nigel Farage MEP seconded .....
    Read: UKIP rejected the Bill according to UKIP's constitution.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Read: UKIP rejected the Bill according to UKIP's constitution.
    The leadership supported it however 2 MPs rejected it so it was made a PMB the party needs all MPs to support before being submitted . the majority of the party supported it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    UKIP Did'nt rejected the bill ( Not even islamaphobia ) the majority of MPs actually supported it it was down to 2 MPs who rejected it on certain sections that it became a PMB that Nigel Farage MEP seconded .....
    As TDA said, it means that it failed according to the constitution and therefore was rejected by the party. Further, I imagine those sections they had an issue with were the exact same ones we did, but instead of amending them and possibly passing the bill you just went stubborn islamaphobe and ensured its failure. Also, if their constitution on the matter is anything like ours was that means an insanely low turnout on voting for it, and the rest of the MPs supported it so much they didn't even second it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As TDA said, it means that it failed according to the constitution and therefore was rejected by the party. Further, I imagine those sections they had an issue with were the exact same ones we did, but instead of amending them and possibly passing the bill you just went stubborn islamaphobe and ensured its failure. Also, if their constitution on the matter is anything like ours was that means an insanely low turnout on voting for it, and the rest of the MPs supported it so much they didn't even second it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote the 1st draft of the bill and Nigel helpfully re-wrote all the sections but keeping the principle of the bill the same

Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.