Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkvibes)
    Is everyone on TSR getting raped nowadays
    it's pretty much an entry req

i come from a poor background so i got in through a shortlist rape free.

yay for equality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    it's pretty much an entry req

i come from a poor background so i got in through a shortlist rape free.

yay for equality.

Your poor so you came in rape free, guess that is the same with me then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry love, no sympathy here.

If you can't control your alcohol, what do you expect?
    say that without anon, coward

ReputationRep:
    this is a case where the op clearly consented but did not want to do it.

It's the man's job to read your actions not your mind.

He still sounds like a bit ****** though

ReputationRep:
    This could easily be considered rape.

But seriously, unless you see it as something that's going to affect you long-term, I wouldn't try and get any legal involvement on this. As much as this guy may deserve it, it's going to be hard on you too and may make things worse...

Just know that this is not your fault and you shouldn't blame yourself.

ReputationRep:
    this isnt going to go well for either party IF it gets reported.
    they base rape claims mostly on evidence otherwise its his word against hers, even harder if its an historic claim
    chances are, they will gather the evidence and statements from both parties, take it to CPS and it will get thrown out due to lack of evidence unless he admits.

(Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    That's rape. You were drunk. You didn't consent. You don't remember it. You cried, he carried on. I had a *similar* experience, except I did say no. If you want, you can PM me. I remember even straight after it happened I didn't feel traumatised - didn't even really realise what had happened. You're probably still a bit drunk and hungover. It catches up on you.
    What happens if both partners are drunk?

(Original post by IAmNero)
    But if she was capable of giving him something like an address then she wasn't incapable of it.
    I agree..if you were capable of giving your address you were capable of saying no. So please don't blame it on the guy.
    I don't think it's a drunken mistake. You should inform your boyfriend on what happened, he wont be pleased, but he doesn't deserve this.

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone on TSR getting raped nowadays
    I swore I made a thread like this a few weeks ago and the moderators deleted it in like 2 hours. Wtf and this has been up for days!of my

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    I swore I made a thread like this a few weeks ago and the moderators deleted it in like 2 hours. Wtf and this has been up for days!of my

Posted from TSR Mobile
    were you trolling?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    We are not the victim, though. We're rational third parties. Saying someone has done X, merely because you're emotional, does not mean that that person has done X or that X shares the characteristics of the actual act that person performed. Morally and legally, there has been no rape if there is no wrongful mental aspect to the act.
    Ah, what I'm going to call the Ched Evans viewpoint.

I do not for a second think that the (currently) convicted rapist Ched Evans intended to rape his victim. From what I can see, he thinks that lack of intention is enough to mean that what he did wasn't 'rape'.

Alas for that point of view, since the Sexual Offences Act 2003 even a legitimate belief in consent has to be reasonable, and so far a jury (unanimously), the trial judge, the single Court of Appeal judge, and a whole bench of three Court of Appeal judges (unanimously) have said that his belief in consent was not reasonable.

I'm not surprised: on his own evidence, he'd turned up in that hotel room - uninvited, unexpected and unwanted - having lied to get the key to the locked door and sent his brother and a mate to the window where they were attempting to film what was happening without the consent of the two people already there, then had sex with an "extremely" drunk woman without asking for her consent despite the only time he'd had any previous contact with her being stepping over her while she lay literally falling over drunk on a kebab shop floor. The other person in the room, who soon left closing the curtains to stop the attempts at filming, also gave evidence that he hadn't asked her if Evans could have sex with her either.

Here, can you come up with a reasonable belief that a... very drunk stranger a decade younger than you; who asks to go home, but who you take back to your place; who repeatedly says they don't want to have sex with you, but makes the best of a bad job by getting you to wear a condom when you have sex with them anyway; who cries during sex to the point where you have to pause until they stop... did, in fact, consent?

The best I can do is

(Original post by unprinted)
    'Well, she was drunk and vulnerable enough to come to my place even though she made it clear that she wanted to go to hers. When it was obvious that I was going to repeatedly **** her regardless of what she thought, she asked me to use condoms... that's consent, isn't it?'
    .. and that's a fail, even in the unlikely event that he didn't know exactly what he was doing (not least because of the probability that he's done it before to others!)

ReputationRep:
    Ah, what I'm going to call the Ched Evans viewpoint.
    What I said has nothing to do with the Ched Evans case.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    What I said has nothing to do with the Ched Evans case.
    "Morally and legally, there has been no rape if there is no wrongful mental aspect to the act" - where's the wrongful line for you?

How do you think the man in this case was on the right side of it?

On the presented facts, can you come up with a reasonable belief?

ReputationRep:
    were you trolling?
    No I wasn't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I was on a jury I wouldn't convict

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Being drunk doesnt entitke someone to rape you, although from a common sense point of view putting yourself in a precarious situation is foolish.
    I don't need to put myself in anyone's shoes, because it I will NEVER be in that situation Hahahhaha!

Remember, calling someone "foolish" is a sin.

ReputationRep:
    You went to his apartment. You didn't say no. You didn't even try and stop him. You even asked him to put a condom on which in my eyes is consent.

ReputationRep:
    "Morally and legally, there has been no rape if there is no wrongful mental aspect to the act" - where's the wrongful line for you?

How do you think the man in this case was on the right side of it?

On the presented facts, can you come up with a reasonable belief?
    He's an arse (or more, I wasn't there, I don't know the full situation), no question.

Enter hypothetical man. Had a bit to drink, but not visibly stumbling/puking drunk. Kissing, talking, etc etc, ends up at home with a girl. Maybe she had a bit to drink earlier, but she doesn't seem drunk now, able to walk/talk fine, etc.

He's sexually inexperienced and drunk, as a result, he thinks it's her first time and it's just the pain that's making her cry (though he stops until he's sure she's ok before continuing). Maybe he's a bit over-persistent, but while that's not a particularly nice character trait, it doesn't equal sexual assault.

There you go. Not saying that's how it happened, but that's one possible explanation that wouldn't be rape (at least, I don't think so?) based on the limited information given.

(Original post by banterboy)
    say that without anon, coward
    I understand that it must be hard for you to get the p****, that you felt the need to defend the anon who is probably having a "cheeky nandos" with her man as you pick your brain out to solve a pointless scenario.

I can't take anyone with the username "banter boy" seriously.

ReputationRep:
    You cheated?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.