Pretty nice exam this year

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 4y=3x-22 or +22 somewhere..forgot which question it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiba.A)
    Did anyone get 4y=3x-22 or +22 somewhere..forgot which question it was
    Yes that was correct

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty average paper, nothing to scream about. I think I messed up the 7 marker on the graph and did anyone get k < 15/2 for the last question? I think I messed that up too. Anyway, focus on S1 now!

Hope everyone else got on ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, did ppl get k < -15/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm_Spirit)
    Yes that was correct
    Do you know when the unofficial markscheme is gna be published?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletXxXRose)
    YESSS

ReputationRep:
    last q , k< -7.5

and the equation for translated graph is x^2 -x -5?

theres one weird answer , 3+/- square root of 21 and then divided by 2
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (null) this is the MEI thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoharrypotter)
    2 and -1/2 ?
    I realised you were talking about a different question, I think you had to use the same method for the tangent to the circle question but I got 2 and -1/2 for that one.

(Original post by kennyboy69.5)
    how many sig figs are you supposed to round to in S1? Mark scheme uses from 2 to 5 it seems random...
    also would you get marked down for using too many?
    3 is the normal safe bet unless its an approximation with 2 sf throughout the question, 5 is used for probabilities etc...

ReputationRep:
    For the proof question (show that ABC is 90 degrees) what did people do? I calculated the lengths of the lines using the coordinates then did used pythag to find the length, got the same answer and since pythag on works on right angled triangles I said ABC had to be a right angle. Did other people do the same?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, it is correct.

I think I may have gotten 72 marks on this , the only thing I'm worried about is the second to last question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiba.A)
    Do you know when the unofficial markscheme is gna be published?
    Yessss come on lads!

ReputationRep:
    was quite a good paper. I got the last question wrong for some reason i put k < 3/2 not sure why... Though most of the equations ended up using the formula for finding out x and y which was annoying, but it worked out fine.for section B the radius was 5 right? and the 7 marker on finding the roots did you guys get x = 1 and some weird surd?

For the tangent question all you had to do was find both gradients and when you multiply them it equals -1 which shows they are both perpendicular hence being at a right angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshP97)
    For the proof question (show that ABC is 90 degrees) what did people do? I calculated the lengths of the lines using the coordinates then did used pythag to find the length, got the same answer and since pythag on works on right angled triangles I said ABC had to be a right angle. Did other people do the same?
    Nah, just show that the two lines were perpendicular by showing that the gradients multiplied to -1. Also I wrote that they intersected at B to fortify my point.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get question 5ii, it said leave it in form a +b root 3 where a and a are integers but I couldn't get them to be integers, anyone else find that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloebreenb)
    I didn't get question 5ii, it said leave it in form a +b root 3 where a and a are integers but I couldn't get them to be integers, anyone else find that?
    I got it to be a number + a single root of something.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.