The Student Room Group

Most young Arabs against ISIS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Don't put words in my mouth. You know perfectly well I was referencing the phrase used in the poll, not something I dreamed up. Clearly it's ridiculously unlikely that IS are suddenly going to go all benign on us, so it's a pipe dream, but the question in the poll was phrased that way.

I'm not trying to put words into your mouth. You clearly missed the point I was trying to make. What I'm saying is that, in my opinion, it doesn't make any difference if they are willing to support ISIS - 'violent' or not.
Reply 61
Original post by NickLCFC
I'm not trying to put words into your mouth. You clearly missed the point I was trying to make. What I'm saying is that, in my opinion, it doesn't make any difference if they are willing to support ISIS - 'violent' or not.

Exactly. What would constitute "less violent" for that 22% that would make them support them? Would the IS simply giving up their expansionist ambitions and setting for the land they currently occupy, whilst still implementing strict sharia law internally, be sufficient for that 22% to start supporting them (assuming they do not already - something we can't tell from the results)?

That just brings me back to my main point which is that this poll is not very useful either way, because it raises more questions than it answers, and leaves many issues open, for example the results don't delineate between those that said they would support the IS if they were less violent into those that already support them, etc.
lets be honest, they fully support isis.
It's just a poll. Just a possibility,not a fact. Useless poll probably.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending