Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a year 11 muslim iraqi teenager, AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    look up basically
    You know not all of us agreed with the destruction of your country, and wanted Saddam dead. But Tony Blair did, and he had the popular vote at the time, as well as the backing of George Bush.

I understand that over a million innocent civilians were killed in this war? Do you agree with this figure? And I can totally understand why your parents don't want to go back, It is a war zone there right now!

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever worry that many of your religions values and attitudes might make this country not so great in decades to come?

ReputationRep:
    no south london
    Have you ever been stabbed?

ReputationRep:
    aha cool. uh its hard i keep procrastinating but how about you.

my school predicted grades are so bad but i can remember them
    Same here i procrastinate all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Do you ever worry that many of your religions values and attitudes might make this country not so great in decades to come?
    but my religion isn't dominating the country atm is it?
    and can you give me examples please cheers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULT)
    Have you ever been stabbed?
    that was hilarious!!
    but yes, with a pen in chemistry

ReputationRep:
    but my religion isn't dominating the country atm is it?
    and can you give me examples please cheers?
    I didn't say your religion was dominating the country atm did i?

Intolerance of others, dislike of homesexuals, Dislike of criticism and speech, misogynistic views .. that sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    You know not all of us agreed with the destruction of your country, and wanted Saddam dead. But Tony Blair did, and he had the popular vote at the time, as well as the backing of George Bush.

I understand that over a million innocent civilians were killed in this war? Do you agree with this figure? And I can totally understand why your parents don't want to go back, It is a war zone there right now!
    im not sure if you've seen my previous replies but i did not know a lot about the guy or what went on aat the time as i was 3 but im going to try my best to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge and stereotypes (even though my knowledge is probably so wrong just bear that in mind )

i think i agree with the figure. and yes right now the state of Iraq is devastating!

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea, what landmarks are in north cos idk mate sorry, not ace at geog but still aha
    Hampstead Heath is in North London.

ReputationRep:
    im not sure if you've seen my previous replies but i did not know a lot about the guy or what went on aat the time as i was 3 but im going to try my best to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge and stereotypes (even though my knowledge is probably so wrong just bear that in mind )

i think i agree with the figure. and yes right now the state of Iraq is devastating!
    You know the 'Lancet' a pretigious medical journal, sent some investigators over there both before and after the war, to interview and approximate casualties and fatalities, and they agreed it was a million plus deaths due to the war.

Take it easy, and good luck with your schooling, have you considered what you want to do/which university you want to go to, after you leave?

John.

PS the Lancet have subsequently removed all traces of that report from their archives!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say your religion was dominating the country atm did i?

Intolerance of others, dislike of homesexuals, Dislike of criticism and speech, misogynistic views .. that sort of thing
    you kinda implied it, i mean if my religion was not dominating the country then there really isnt a reason to worry is there boo?

Idk what you mean by intolerance of others...we live in a multi-ethnic multi-faith society and tbh where i live, theres been no intolerance, my best friends are white, my parent get along with their parents...but tbh i dont know what you mean by "others"
    secondly, personally i am neutral towards the situation, i dont hold an opinion but if there ws dislike, then surely muslim parents would be outraged by the fact my school has an lgbt society...
    thirdly, idk where you're getting these stereotypes from but there is no dislike of speech.... you really need to justify things more
    and misogyny is rare, im female, but nobody has cut me off from having opinions, i give views online, give speeches at mosques, please tell me if muslims were misogynistic thn surely people would not allow me to have views...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    You know the 'Lancet' a pretigious medical journal, sent some investigators over there both before and after the war, to interview and approximate casualties and fatalities, and they agreed it was a million plus deaths due to the war.

Take it easy, and good luck with your schooling, have you considered what you want to do/which university you want to go to, after you leave?

John.

PS the Lancet have subsequently removed all traces of that report from their archives!
    oh! thats interesting, i've never heard of their work, thanks!

and yeah it has crossed my mind before

ReputationRep:
    you kinda implied it, i mean if my religion was not dominating the country then there really isnt a reason to worry is there boo?
    No i didnt imply that at all. I dont for a second think Islam is dominating the UK lool. Just because something isnt happening now doesnt mean things arent heading that way, or are you the type of girl to only worry about diet and lifestyle after you have had a heart attack?

Idk what you mean by intolerance of others...we live in a multi-ethnic multi-faith society and tbh where i live, theres been no intolerance, my best friends are white, my parent get along with their parents...but tbh i dont know what you mean by "others"
    secondly, personally i am neutral towards the situation, i dont hold an opinion but if there ws dislike, then surely muslim parents would be outraged by the fact my school has an lgbt society...
    thirdly, idk where you're getting these stereotypes from but there is no dislike of speech.... you really need to justify things more
    and misogyny is rare, im female, but nobody has cut me off from having opinions, i give views online, give speeches at mosques, please tell me if muslims were misogynistic thn surely people would not allow me to have views...
    Ok cool.. up to your points about stereotyping and speach and misogyny. I cant really be bothered to get in a ding dong back and forth about it right now, its a well trodden path.

Your answer is no to my original question

ReputationRep:
    argh i hate that question because there are sooo many hmmm:
    Men in Black 1 2 and 3
    The mummy 1 and 2
    The pacifier
    all horror movies
    kick-ass 1 and 2
    planning on seeing this but suicide squad
    monte carlo
    cinerella story
    another cinderella story

tv shows (just though ill chuck it in):
    scream queens
    dance moms
    pll (until it got a bit repetitive)
    24 hours in a&e (documentary but still)
    FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR

*might be like a hundred more but sorry this is a list i cant narrow it down no way*

what about you?
    too tired to type them ahh sowwy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Hampstead Heath is in North London.
    think ive heard of it...

ReputationRep:
    were you living in Iraq when it was invaded did you know anyone who died in the Iraq war.

ReputationRep:
    No i didnt imply that at all. I dont for a second think Islam is dominating the UK lool. Just because something isnt happening now doesnt mean things arent heading that way, or are you the type of girl to only worry about diet and lifestyle after you have had a heart attack?

Ok cool.. up to your points about stereotyping and speach and misogyny. I cant really be bothered to get in a ding dong back and forth about it right now, its a well trodden path.

Your answer is no to my original question
    1)well then nothing to worry about religious beliefs or whatever for that matter
    2)ive stuggled with body image, went through a fasting phase where i lost too much weight, currently trying to lead a healthy lifestyle, but for your info mate, i know about what is going on around us as well as trying to care for my lifestyle
    3)wth never have had a heart attack before idk where that came from....
    4)yh im broed too
    5)yes my answer is not im not worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    were you living in Iraq when it was invaded did you know anyone who died in the Iraq war.
    my uncle and no but my brothers and mum were

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    too tired to type them ahh sowwy
    LAZY jk

ReputationRep:
    my uncle and no but my brothers and mum were
    how did your uncle die also what are your views on the Iraq war also what do you think of UK compared to Iraq

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.