Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethpettigrew1)
    Yeah im just guessing though, its a new set of exams they will be wanting to test all aspects of the course so they may do that, i just guessed last year, am no actually a mind reader but i hope good essays come up this year for everyone this year but i am putting my word to women coming up but it probs wont
    I think women will come up along with lib motives

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alana_p)
    Looking back at past papers that isn't the case though, sometimes the same thing comes up for a second year. I know that was the old higher im refering to, but can you really be sure the sqa would be that nice and technically tell us what's coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The SQA aren't nice, but doing the exact same essays as last year is plain evil! My teachers have also predicted that those essays will come up, but probably only two out of those three. Probably issue one and three.

My teachers haven't been wrong in their predictions yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaiBr13)
    The SQA aren't nice, but doing the exact same essays as last year is plain evil! My teachers have also predicted that those essays will come up, but probably only two out of those three. Probably issue one and three.

My teachers haven't been wrong in their predictions yet.
    What are issues one and three

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So, overall how does everyone feel about tomorrow? Anyone worried or just feel really ready for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CitrusConfusion)
    So, overall how does everyone feel about tomorrow? Anyone worried or just feel really ready for this exam?
    Not good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well whatever issues come up are the same for each course I think, so last year it was issue 2, 5 and 6. So I'm like 100% sure one of 1, 3 and 4 will come up. For britain, that's why become more democratic, women and the vote and why liberal reforms

Anyone doing cold war?
    I wish our school did the cold war, seems so interesting

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else leaving out the democracy essays for Britian 1851-1951? Was going to learn the how democratic it was, but not going to manage it tonight oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola98)
    What are issues one and three

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dunno, what topics are you done? for britain thats why did it become more democratic and women and the vote

ReputationRep:
    If you don't learn one essay its fine, last year i sat the exam and i learned 4 for each topic so I could atleast answer one question or even better have a choice, last year i left out both democracy essays 😂

ReputationRep:
    dunno, what topics are you done? for britain thats why did it become more democratic and women and the vote
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethpettigrew1)
    If you don't learn one essay its fine, last year i sat the exam and i learned 4 for each topic so I could atleast answer one question or even better have a choice, last year i left out both democracy essays 😂
    Haha we were only taught one democracy essay but I hate it, it's so tricky! Yeah gonna ignore my teacher (who wanted us to learn 5) and learn 4

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what essays do people think could come up for Germany? I wasn't taught the first 2 - the nationalism ones - and did both of the unification ones and both the nazis but I'm praying there is a nazi one cause I'm crap at the unification ones! 😵 everyone I know says they are the easiest but they are my worsttt!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    5 is the much safer option, but if you learn 4, at least 1 you have learned will come up but if its tomorrow your aswell to focus on 4

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and good luck! 🍀

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else think that any liberal question is certain to come up in the British essay section? and also in the USA section immigration or obstacles to civil rights are likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    file:///home/chronos/u-05b9179912e17...%20Version.pdf
    This is just a booklet with different exemplar essays in it and I knw its late but it just gives a bit of reasurrance for what to write for the marks. It only covers Making of Modern Britain and Germany
    Sorry if I doesn't work, I wasn't able to put the file in directly - GOOD LUCK!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben6499)
    does anyone else think that any liberal question is certain to come up in the British essay section? and also in the USA section immigration or obstacles to civil rights are likely to come up?
    I think motives will come up and I have a feeling there might not be any civil rights since there was 2 last year and the kkk one which related to civil rights

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah a liberal question has come up every single year so they should definetely be one. What about immigration, do you think that might come up?

ReputationRep:
    How important is it to have quotes in your essay? Does it really matter?

ReputationRep:
    Quotes aren't major but can help in either finishing off the conclusion or backing up analysis and evaluations

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.