Yes
    6.06%
    no
    93.94%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I'm saying you're an idiot.

And no.
    You do not win an argument by swearing or calling someone an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    You do not win an argument by swearing or calling someone an idiot.
    This isn't an argument, it's just you saying stupid things and everyone else laughing at you.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't an argument, it's just you saying stupid things and everyone else laughing at you.
    What if they are laughing at me?
    Who are you? My father?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysWatching)
    No its dirty. Only pond life smoke these days.
    Too right, the other day I saw a frog with a fag dangling from his mouth. I think he had a can of red stripe on the go as well.

Only woman who could ever pull it off...

Name:  996559b9d76b80dceb6afbd6153fc6eb.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  75.3 KB

(Original post by Sad Beta)
    I think so :smug:

women who smoke :coma:
    When I see someone smoking, I keep my distance of 10m.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad Beta)
    Lol did they listen to electro? Why did you move in with them?

Idk a lot of them went to art school and work as baristas etc but their middle class parents pay for them :lol:
    Ahhh ofc ofc, great use of parent's money Better than rollies I suppose!

I think so, some kind of funky music that had few words. Lots of awful rap too, for some reason...
    They offered, and they weren't all that bad, even when drugged off their minds haha. I did want to kill most of them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    Because the working class are stereotypically uneducated and thick, and thus it doesn't seem to hit home that they're literally paying to die early, or have a less healthy life.
    It's interesting that you'd say that, because you're basing that completely on traits of a stereotype yet ignoring the same traits being present in the non-working class (people in high-end jobs taking Class A's or being "functioning" alcoholics, for example).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Quite the opposite, in fact :yep: The smell is just horrible :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Non white collar job
    Salary under say £50,000
    this logic tho.

ReputationRep:
    I don't smoke and don't intend to but I doubt anyone who calls smoking disgusting actually gets exposed to it regularly. The smell is admittedly an acquired taste but doing anything in excess is unhealthy. Personally I think it's really pretentious to look down upon smoking when drinking alcohol and eating high calorie and low nutrition food isn't. Smokers get patronised a lot in my opinion and it does get a rep as a 'working class' addiction as opposed to say drinking wine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    this logic tho.
    You like?

ReputationRep:
    I would not marry anyone who smoked, being friends with someone who did it often would probably end a relationship for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Quite the opposite, in fact :yep: The smell is just horrible :puke:
    I just :heart: jogging my way outside for a run and embracing the toxic smell from
    people smoking. Its like breath of fresh air said NO ONE! :shot: (sarcasm)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's cool, dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukanien)
    I don't smoke and don't intend to but I doubt anyone who calls smoking disgusting actually gets exposed to it regularly. The smell is admittedly an acquired taste but doing anything in excess is unhealthy. Personally I think it's really pretentious to look down upon smoking when drinking alcohol and eating high calorie and low nutrition food isn't. Smokers get patronised a lot in my opinion and it does get a rep as a 'working class' addiction as opposed to say drinking wine.
    this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.