Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feminist bake sale ends in rape and death threats? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did the men get to buy 3 cupcakes then not have to do anymore studying for 6 months whilst continuing to receive daily free cupcakes and then another 6 months of receiving daily half-cupcakes before eventually returning to buy another few cupcakes and then quitting to live off of someone else's cupcakes?

ReputationRep:
    I love how people are not focusing on what the men have been saying and more on the feminist point of view and the fact it's a 'feminist' bake sale. It's actually concerning how blinded you all are by this pretty insignificant movement (in relation to the 21st Century West anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Actually, a more accurate representation would have been for some of the women buyers at the sale to not have had the expectation to even buy a cupcake at all, and for the rest of the women's cupcakes to be priced at around 93-95p. But, oh well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    I'd just march up to them, identify as a woman, if they said no i'd accuse them of being against LGBT and then sue them.
    In England you could sue by virtue of the Equality Act anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Also discounts for being a 'person of colour'

Imagine if there were discounts for being white - there'd be national outrage, and discrimination charges
    Apparently you were born yesterday because you are clearly completely ignorant about the world.

Good day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do they know that they are from MRAs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    How do they know that they are from MRAs?
    Anything that disagrees with a feminist on the internet is an MRA. Because reasons.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not saying that a lot of the hate doesn't come from people on MRA-infested websites (I'm thinking certain 4chan boards, MGTOW, etc.), but it's highly unlikely that all the individuals hating on this sale self-identify as MRAs.

ReputationRep:
    Uh... as unfair as it is to charge 33 cents higher for cupcakes for men, the bake prices weren't worth getting upset about. I'm not sure if I would personally buy their cupcakes but I think that's a pretty good deal for the women price. Who knew a cupcake stand would end so violently? Lol. There are worst things radical third wave feminists can do and believe me a dollar a cupcake for men isn't it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.