Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My family will always be there for me- well, majority of them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stop888)
    Don't surround yourself with people who make everything about themselves :yep:
    I know a few people like this. I have distanced myself from them and my life has been much more positive since!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Stay true to yourself, be who you want to be and never let anyone change that.

There's a difference between seeing the best in people and trusting them blindly- stay the right side of this line.

Remember what can be given can be taken away. That doesn't mean don't give things though!

ReputationRep:
    1) They'll get you someday...
    2) Don't chase the money, chase the dream (cringes)
    3) Stay positive, meet positive people, move on from those who exude negativity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucarious30)
    "Right now is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll be again"
    So deep <3

ReputationRep:
    Always hand your coursework drafts in on time.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Not sure if this has been said already, but:

Some things are worth letting go of, and it's sometimes easier to just let the other person win. You know if you're right or not.

ReputationRep:
    Don't leave work to the last minute or else I am going to be in school till 7pm finishing off work

ReputationRep:
    Being nice is one thing... Letting people walk all over you is another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Don't leave work to the last minute or else I am going to be in school till 7pm finishing off work
    I know that pain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I know that pain...
    I was at school till 7pm everyday last week ... it really was pain.
    Now I know never to do last minute work

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps not a life lesson for me, but something I've noticed "Screw what people on TSR think about unis. Go to whichever one you feel is best. Employers dont give a ****"

ReputationRep:
    Dont expect anyone else to support you.

ReputationRep:
    This may sound quite random and cliché but I have advice to those who want to become millionaires, it's not exactly 'my' advice but it's good.
    I'm not millionaire however I read some bits from a book recommended to me by a friend named 'rich dad, poor dad'- something along those lines and the author is a very successful, wealthy man. I'm not all for materialism but I was quite curious and learnt a lot...would definitely recommend you read it.
    Overall he said how his 'poor dad' would advice him to finish high school, go to college (university) to get a degree and to find a stable job while his 'rich dad' advised him to finish high school, open a business and go and get work experience, finding a mentor in the field he is interested in. He explained how his 'poor dad' was all for stability which is good as with this route, a person is more likely to be financially stable however this means you would always work for someone else in order to make their own dreams true instead of your own meaning becoming a millionaire is impossible. He said 'rich dad' though his route was risky, it would be his own dream that he would be living and that this was truly the only way to become millionaire unless you miraculously win the lottery. This is so true, if you compare the small percentage of society who are millionaires to the rest of society, in terms of their professions and what they do, it's extremely evident that the rich own things i.e a business, are self employed compared to other hard working citizens.
    I learnt how not being in your comfort zone can often lead to great things. Sometimes we need to take risks as we don't know the outcome- though it may turn out bad it may also turn out good. And that 'bad' doesn't mean the end, get up and try again.

ReputationRep:
    And one more thing. This is more personal to me as it's something I had learnt after repeating my first year of year 12.
    My failure wasn't 'repeating year 12' but having the mentality that no matter how hard I may try, I wouldn't be able to learn the material because I believed my subjects to be 'too hard' and because my GCSEs weren't all A* I had 'poor' GCSE results. This led to my downfall because it made me not study due to insecurities. I actually believed I would be wasting my time by trying, making excuses so I could feel sorry for myself such as your school is bad so you're screwed. Though my school was bad, others managed to pull it through.
    The reality is, it was also me and if not me. If any one currently thinks this about themselves in terms of what I used to think about myself, it is a lie. You have the potential-if you work hard enough, not giving up, trust me you will be successful. Success doesn't necessarily mean A grades but success in regards to your character! My dear, you will grow and realise that failure is only if you defeated yourself before anything even began, not trying at all. What hurt me the most wasn't that U in a subject but knowing why and how I got there. If I worked very hard and still got U, I wouldn't have felt so down to where I almost become depressed as I would know I did all I can to do well. Just know, if you don't stop trying until exams season is over, pulling through all the way to the end- you're a champion...

ReputationRep:
    Be careful who you trust. The world is not all roses and violets, despite what some people will try and say. If you want to get ahead, then you need to be tough.

Always wear a condom.

Time dilation isnt an excuse to procrastinate (or speed).

Jesus did not lay eggs at easter (I was very young)

Contrary to appearances, J.C is quite talented.

Tit size doesnt matter, genital size does.

TVR Speed 12 is not the best car ever made (the Feri F40 is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)

Jesus did not lay eggs at easter (I was very young)
    This is one of those moments where I thought I was the only one that thought this..

ReputationRep:
    Thought I would update this by some I've liked recently!

"You are much stronger today than you were a month ago"
    "Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body."

A personal one:
    I've lied, cheated and stealed, but no feeling was as rewarding as falling in love.

ReputationRep:
    Mums take your **** when your 1
    Mums take your **** when your 10
    But mums don't take your **** when you're a teen :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.