Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the longest you have gone without sleep? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Wow. Did you hallucinate?
    Not during that session, I have before though, I stay awake a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    What? Are you Kryptonian?
    Nope.

Its because of my insomnia, its really bad. What is the longest you've stayed awake for??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insomulus)
    Not during that session, I have before though, I stay awake a lot.
    I see why you chose your name now. I love sleep... Someone beat you btw. They did 122 hours.

Probs 21 hours max

It was a very long day out

ReputationRep:
    Completely without sleep: about 40 hours (scouts 24 hour stayawake then went to lectures all day).

Without anything resembling a reasonable amount of sleep (say, 2 hours at a time): about a week (sailing in some awful weather).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    39 hours
    Good heavens! poor you.... I've done about 23 hours straight and nearly dropped dead hahaha
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by honestly)
    Good heavens! poor you.... I've done about 23 hours straight and nearly dropped dead hahaha
    I had a 5am flight so didn't bother sleeping and didn't get a chance to sleep till like 6pm. It was worth it to visit Amsterdam though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot4000)
    -_-

I mean, where from google images, I've seen that picture before and it rings bells.
    Amazon I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Whatever! :hand: You haven't won yet m8, don't be so premature!
    It's no longer premature, yo! :proud:

ReputationRep:
    ~42 hours I felt like I was gonna die afterwards

ReputationRep:
    Two days straight, back when I was doing my A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godofwine)
    Two days straight, back when I was doing my A-Levels.
    How did you manage doing it? Like I really need to pull some allnighters but whenever I try, I end up sleeping!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    about 30 hours wasn't even willingly, it was a sleep deprivation EEG test

ReputationRep:
    sooooo I was like doing a challenge against my friends.. we bought 1000 bottles of coke and 10 chocolate cakes and that's all we used to keep us awake. like that's all we could do!!! managed a strong 6 days using loud bass and metal music but at this point got quite grumpy so decided to have a nap for couple of hours then got up and managed 4 days straight.... then I was like why am I doing this? whats the point.... so I went to bed!!!!

ReputationRep:
    basics I wasn't allowed to like sleep cos I like lost this bet thing and I had to like play Mario kart for 10 days but I like couldn't sleep. it was cray. I had to like sometimes go to the loo which was like a kind of struggle. on the 10th day I fell asleep on the loo and then I like ran out of food so I had to like sleep. I went to my school like the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    How did you manage doing it? Like I really need to pull some allnighters but whenever I try, I end up sleeping!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I drank a lot of Green Tea, which got me through it.

All nighters are fun, but not when you're at Uni. I just don't have the energy anymore lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honestly)
    didn't quite manage the all nighter

ReputationRep:
    No idea but I do know that the longest you can go without sleep is 264 hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godofwine)
    I drank a lot of Green Tea, which got me through it.

All nighters are fun, but not when you're at Uni. I just don't have the energy anymore lol
    Lol I bet they are! I think I should try drinking a lot of it then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was nearly two weeks ago, was awake for nearly 30 hours. I was on a uni trip to Malaysia, and we were traveling back to the UK. I can't sleep on journeys, but eventually I became so exhausted that I just fell asleep... on my lecturer's shoulder. I didn't realise until my friend (who was sat on the other side of the lecturer) told me, and three or four of other friends told me I did too. :doh:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.