Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Like his mother.

:rofl:
    Sounds like OP might need a second mother tbh xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    i thought she was in her late 20's maybe 30's if she was treating you like she is some sugar mummy, sorry for saying are you a girl or a young schoolboy cause i thought you probably don't work that's why she pays?
    You said in a previous post how you don't want to break up but you are very young and you can find someone who will treat you with respect.

Also if you both work part time and study i see no reason why she would want to pay for you all the time you both will probably earn similar amount of money? like i said my friend always insists on paying but she says she earns more that is why so i don't mind much.

You said she is very controlling what would she be like in 10 years time or even 5!? if i were you i would let her go as you are young if you are planning to go uni you will meet so many other girls there so this could be your escape if she says her parents want her to break up with you.
    That's okay, I apologise if I was rude in my posts?

And you are probably right I think I should just break it off. I do think that would be best, as we are clearly incompatible and It would be best if I meet someone not as controlling as it will only get worse further down the line.

And your friend seems like a genuinely nice person, my friends would never offer to pay for my food.:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rub-a-dub dub)
    That's okay, I apologise if I was rude in my posts?

And you are probably right I think I should just break it off. I do think that would be best, as we are clearly incompatible and It would be best if I meet someone not as controlling as it will only get worse further down the line.

And your friend seems like a genuinely nice person, my friends would never offer to pay for my food.:laugh:
    No its okay no need to apologise
    I found what i read bizarre but also you sounded like you didn't want to break up as it would be difficult finding another gf and it didn't seem like you had deep feelings for her?
    You are 18 don't waste your time on someone that will belittle you or is controlling. If i were you and her saying that her parents think you should both break up i would reply with 'i think they are right i don't think we are compatible with one another' perfect chance to get out of this 'relationship'.
    My friend is okay lol but she is older than me so says thats why she wants to pay then again she dont like me paying for her anyway but i don't like people paying for me as i dont want them to think im taking advantage.
    Also other people say you shouldn't eat in a restaurant i bought a small cake for another friend and we were waiting for our food and i told her to eat some to try it out i couldn't care what they thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marzy-Sama)
    No one can control you without your consent.
    You're allowing her to control you and walk all over you.
    It's time you exercised some control, and actually worked towards getting your rights back.

And the bad mannered thing, see it like this:
    If you and your family took a friend out to a restaurant, and ordered food, and the food was taking forever to come, and all of you were starving. Then that friend just takes out their own food, instead of waiting, or even at least having the courtesy to offer it to you or/and your family, they start scoffing it down.
    How would that seem to you? How would that make you feel?

Or say, if you have a restaurant, and you have customers that have ordered your amazing food. Then, while the food is on its way the customers take out their own food and start eating it.
    Wouldn't you be offended? That they're bringing food bought from outside your restaurant into it and sitting in the comfortable atmosphere of your restaurant and eating someone else's food? When all they had to do was wait a little while?
    That's a really good analogy, when you put it like that, I can see that I was in the wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are already whipped if you are letting her treat you like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.