Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Thats ties into food regulations that are over-bureaucratic and is one of the many regulations that make up 75% of the laws the UK most follow as members of the EU

Health and safety rules made by the EU have to much red tape and they affect the smallest of businesses which is ridiculous
    Changed in 2009 according to this article.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...and-vegetables
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    After seeing the other " ask a " threads ( credit where it is due ) I decided to create one . I'm a eurosceptic and right wing

So ask me anything !
    Really? The copying is real.
    This is just getting out of hand.

(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    OP has dyslexia.. you got a problem with disabled people, bro?
    So? I'm dyslexic and my spelling is top-notch

ReputationRep:
    Yes food regulations ensure the food we buy is safe however why should it be down to the EU to make theses regulations ? surly our parliament can make theses rules ? same with health and safety , our government can make health and safety laws without the EU ?
    And if our government doesn't make these regulations to the detriment of our people, then what?

There are good arguments in favour of leaving the EU, the democratic deficit is probably the best, but "red tape" isn't one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Really? The copying is real.
    This is just getting out of hand.

ReputationRep:
    Yes food regulations ensure the food we buy is safe however why should it be down to the EU to make theses regulations ? surly our parliament can make theses rules ? same with health and safety , our government can make health and safety laws without the EU ?
    So your life will be noticeably better if we can buy lower quality food? Right. Parliament can do it but it doesn't need to, because the eu does a fine job of it. Will it make your life better if parliament stops us buying misfigured vegetables as opposed to the eu? Seriously that's your vision of sovereignty?

You have not answered my question. Name one eu health and safety law that you disagree with? Be precise.
    Don't give me a general 'red tape' argument, give me a specific law.

The hard right love going on about 'red tape' without being able to say exactly what laws they disagree with.

Do you think it's bad that the places we work should be fit to work in and do not pose a danger?

If you are setting up a business you are taking repaknsibility for people and it is your responsibility to ensure your workplace is safe..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Changed in 2009 according to this article.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...and-vegetables
    I understand this certain regulation has been repealed however there are many other regulations set by the EU which we have to follow
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I understand this certain regulation has been repealed however there are many other regulations set by the EU which we have to follow
    Name one which you disagree with .
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    So your life will be noticeably better if we can buy lower quality food? Right. Parliament can do it but it doesn't need to, because the eu does a fine job of it. Will it make your life better if parliament stops us buying misfigured vegetables as opposed to the eu? Seriously that's your vision of sovereignty?

You have not answered my question. Name one eu health and safety law that you disagree with? Be precise.
    Don't give me a general 'red tape' argument, give me a specific law.

The hard right love going on about 'red tape' without being able to say exactly what laws they disagree with.

Do you think it's bad that the places we work should be fit to work in and do not pose a danger?

If you are setting up a business you are taking responsibility for people and it is your responsibility to ensure your workplace is safe..
    No , it's more about being able to set and make our own rules rather than having EU commissioners doing it ? so you would give away our sovereignty to the EU ?

It isn't about specific health and safety regulations it the EU Directive on health and safety , national parliaments can easily make their own health and safety rules without the EU dictating it ... Why should the smallest of businesses have to follow masses of EU health and safety rules with only really apply to big businesses ? ( Smaller businesses should follow a smaller , watered down health and safety regulations

ReputationRep:
    After seeing the other " ask a " threads ( credit where it is due ) I decided to create one . I'm a eurosceptic and right wing

So ask me anything !
    I'm assuming you want to leave the EU? If so how can you possibly justify the huge impact leaving will have on FDI?

The risk and uncertainty caused by the referendum has already halted FDI completely and the damaging effects of this will just be amplyfied by the 10 years of negotioations which would ensue if we vote to leave.

We are already facing global economic crisis such as the slowing down of chinese GDP growth and recessions in emerging economies Russian and Brazil in addition to thr huge issues within the Eurozone which will still effect us if we leave - how can we justify creating even more uncertainty? Surely this protectionist, short-sighted and selfish idea will cause havoc in the UK economy by damaging trade relationships, slowing investment and worsening our current account defecit whilst also sending shockwaves into the wider global economy which in the age of globalisation we are ever more dependent on?

All this because you're too defeatist to try and bring about reform?

ReputationRep:
    straight bananas ftw
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Name one which you disagree with .
    It isn't a case of picking and choosing what regulations i disagree with .... its the fact that our parliament can easily implement regulations that only affect our country ...... It seems people who support membership of the EU ask me give me examples but when asked " Why can't we do it ourselves " they can't give me a credible answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nverjvlev)
    I'm assuming you want to leave the EU? If so how can you possibly justify the huge impact leaving will have on FDI?

The risk and uncertainty caused by the referendum has already halted FDI completely and the damaging effects of this will just be amplyfied by the 10 years of negotioations which would ensue if we vote to leave.

We are already facing global economic crisis such as the slowing down of chinese GDP growth and recessions in emerging economies Russian and Brazil in addition to thr huge issues within the Eurozone which will still effect us if we leave - how can we justify creating even more uncertainty? Surely this protectionist, short-sighted and selfish idea will cause havoc in the UK economy by damaging trade relationships, slowing investment and worsening our current account defecit whilst also sending shockwaves into the wider global economy which in the age of globalisation we are ever more dependent on?

There IS NO REFORM. THERE IS NO REFORM. THERE IS NO REFORM

Rest is utter conjecture. Uncertainty?? Tell me what the EU will look like in 5 years? 10 years? Turkey?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

So are you saying that it'a selfish to want to leave a bureaucratic union ? Answer me this ..... " Why should we waste £315 Million a week for them to dictate our laws and regulations ? i

Now to answer your question

How have the came to this conclusion ? Yes they say if we leave the EU our GDP will be 6% Smaller or it will cost the family £4000 or so ....... Ok , but where are you basing this on ......the in campaigners have not to clear on where they have based this on neither have the OBR or other independent groups ...... The fact of the matter is that it is all guess work .... there is no evidence to suggest leaving the EU will cause economic downturn

When people stop scaremongering there can be a decent debate

The EU is not reformable ... Cameron failed on every demand he made .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    There IS NO REFORM. THERE IS NO REFORM. THERE IS NO REFORM

Rest is utter conjecture. Uncertainty?? Tell me what the EU will look like in 5 years? 10 years? Turkey?
    It's really not conjecture, the only value judgements in there are just examples of sound economic analysis. Everything else can be proved with reference to facts - there has already been a sharp drop in Foreign Direct Investment due to the uncertainty, uncertainty which is such a big risk that 86% of EU businesses think that leaving would be damaging to UK trade. What I said about China, Russia and Brazil is completely true and many economists are deeply worried about the effects this will have on the UK.

Do you actually have any counter points or are you going to dismiss everything I've said in the hopes that it will win you the argument?

ReputationRep:
    No , it's more about being able to set and make our own rules rather than having EU commissioners doing it ? so you would give away our sovereignty to the EU ?
    Why on earthy does it matter? So long as food standards are maintained to the same level why on earth does it matter if it is parliament or the Eu doing it if the outcome is the same? Bizarre argument.
    Plus the European Union has more resources and greater expertise on such issues and it's quite convenient to have a central body setting food hygiene and quality standards for every nation- it saves the uk having to do it.

If that's your argument for leaving, it's desparate stuff.

It isn't about specific health and safety regulations it the EU Directive on health and safety , national parliaments can easily make their own health and safety rules without the EU dictating it ... Why should the smallest of businesses have to follow masses of EU health and safety rules with only really apply to big businesses ? ( Smaller businesses should follow a smaller , watered down health and safety regulations
    So in other words, no. You cannot. You go in about this awful 'red tape' but you can't tell me a single law or a single piece of red tape that you disagree with. Why should the smallest businesses follow it as you say? Because if you have a business you owe a duty of care to the safety of your workers to ensure the workplace is safe. You seem to be saying that if you work for a small business you shouldn't benefit from a safe working environment.

Please do tell me exactly which health and safety laws you disagree with.

What an utterly bizarre argument.

You go on about red tape but you cannot tell me a single piece of red tape you disagree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    ...that is irrelevant because it's not present.

No, I was saying you are dumber than you think, not I.
    Burn!!!
    Because I already know your dumb.
    you're*

ReputationRep:
    It's really not conjecture, the only value judgements in there are just examples of sound economic analysis. Everything else can be proved with reference to facts - there has already been a sharp drop in Foreign Direct Investment due to the uncertainty, uncertainty which is such a big risk that 86% of EU businesses think that leaving would be damaging to UK trade. What I said about China, Russia and Brazil is completely true and many economists are deeply worried about the effects this will have on the UK.

Do you actually have any counter points or are you going to dismiss everything I've said in the hopes that it will win you the argument?
    It is. Economic analysis heavily steeped in bias no doubt.
    No i dont think you understand what uncertainty means.. its not because businesses are scared of us voting leave... its that they dont know if we are going to vote leave. BIG DIFFERENCE.

To portray it as businesses are scared we will leave investment has dropped is pure aids narrative. Its that they DO NOT KNOW what the outcome will be.

Yes I have just made my points, you're talking out your ass to back your agenda - Feel free to answer mine in my previous post
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Why on earthy does it matter? So long as food standards are maintained to the same level why on earth does it matter if it is parliament or the Eu doing it if the outcome is the same? Bizarre argument.
    Plus the European Union has more resources and greater expertise on such issues and it's quite convenient to have a central body setting food hygiene and quality standards for every nation- it saves the uk having to do it.

If that's your argument for leaving, it's desparate stuff..
    Why don't you answer my question ? " Why can't our national parliament makes our own regulations that effect our country " ?

All your argument seems to be is " The EU is great , nothing wrong with it .... Your argument is invalid "

So in other words, no. You cannot. You go in about this awful 'red tape' but you can't tell me a single law or a single piece of red tape that you disagree with. Why should the smallest businesses follow it as you say? Because if you have a business you owe a duty of care to the safety of your workers to ensure the workplace is safe. You seem to be saying that if you work for a small business you shouldn't benefit from a safe working environment.

You go on about red tape but you cannot tell me a single piece of red tape you disagree with.[/QUOTE]

It is about specific regulation!!!! Its is about our sovereignty and the sovereignty of the national parliament
    to make regulation that affect us as a country only ....... For example i disargee with the entire EU Health and safety directive because it affects the smallest of businesses unfairly ... when we could easily pass another Health and safety Act in our national Parliament

ReputationRep:
    It is about specific regulation!!!! Its is about our sovereignty and the sovereignty of the national parliament
    to make regulation that affect us as a country only ....... For example i disargee with the entire EU Health and safety directive because it affects the smallest of businesses unfairly ... when we could easily pass another Health and safety Act in our national Parliament
    What bits do you disagree with? As far as I can tell, it only serves to protect workers and consumers, do you believe that workers and consumers should not be protected?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you answer my question ? " Why can't our national parliament makes our own regulations that effect our country " ?

All your argument seems to be is " The EU is great , nothing wrong with it .... Your argument is invalid "

You go on about red tape but you cannot tell me a single piece of red tape you disagree with.
    to make regulation that affect us as a country only ....... For example i disargee with the entire EU Health and safety directive because it affects the smallest of businesses unfairly ... when we could easily pass another Health and safety Act in our national Parliament[/QUOTE]

What do you mean it's not about specific legislation? Of course it is. You argued that Eu regulation is hurting small businesses. Well which regulation specifically? Which laws? Which red tape?

You have no idea, you really don't. You claim the EU is hurting small businesses with health and safety regulations but can't name a single one that does.

Do you realise how absurd that is? It would be like someone saying 'tory education policy is bad', without being able to cite a single policy they disagree with.

The answer is you don't know and you're trying to cover up that lack of knowledge by saying 'the whole thing'.
    You're saying the EU health directive harms small businesses, how does it do that? Which laws in particular harm them? How do they harm them?

Be precises, you're making an argument and not offering the slightest bit of evidence for your point.
    Be precise.

Tell me which health and safety regulations you disagree with and why you disagree with them and how exactly they harm small businesses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.