Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    I redid this one C4 question in my paper like 10 times and missed full UMS because I gave my answer as \frac{a + b\ln c}{d} instead of \frac{a + \ln c^b}{d} (as was asked for) each single time. Lost 1 raw and 2 UMS because of that. FML. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And it was an IAL paper, so 124/125. :rofl:
    That question came on my mock and I swear I did it at least thrice as well. Damn son, M1 and C34 had tough boundaries. If you sat these in J15 you'd have gotten full easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Well it worked for me, hence why I got 100 UMS in that lmao. It depends on the person. :yep:
    I can get 110 out of 125 in C12....but i am trying to get 125/125 ....so need more practice....
    Also.. i do 11 units this MAY

ReputationRep:
    With C1 C2 I don't think you need to do every single paper to gain enough exam technique as long as you're thorough on the contents from whatever learning method you took. Particularly for maths, if you read the question, solve them correctly and show enough steps you get the marks without memorising the mark schemes, unlike something like AQA Physics where they ask you some silly phrases for you to gain the mark. But what I found is that by doing **** loads of paper I got faster and faster at doing the questions and in the real exam I could redo the paper a couple of times to find any silly mistakes. (even then I did make a few silly mistakes in C2, but oh well, life is not always fair )
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by NNB_Herath)
    How to convert RAW TO UMS ?????????? EDEXCEL IAL ??
    For past papers? Try this.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how to convert RAW TO UMS ?????????? EDEXCEL IAL ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Lol i did good in pure maths and M1 M2 with loest being 94 in C2. M3 75 (lost 7 marks on a suvat ****ing hell and added some gpe) S2 49 lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by notnek)
    I was also a late bloomer - I got my only 100s in Further Maths modules.
    I was definitely the odd one out module wise with my friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    No it isn't
    Divide that by 8 and that's what I do daily :rave:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)
    For past papers? Try this.
    thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Divide that by 8 and that's what I do daily :rave:
    Take your number and minus 1 = mine :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    With C1 C2 I don't think you need to do every single paper to gain enough exam technique as long as you're thorough on the contents from whatever learning method you took. Particularly for maths, if you read the question, solve them correctly and show enough steps you get the marks without memorising the mark schemes, unlike something like AQA Physics where they ask you some silly phrases for you to gain the mark. But what I found is that by doing **** loads of paper I got faster and faster at doing the questions and in the real exam I could redo the paper a couple of times to find any silly mistakes. (even then I did make a few silly mistakes in C2, but oh well, life is not always fair )
    aqa physics ums boundaries tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    aqa physics ums boundaries tho
    A2 papers have godly boundaries man, I could skip the entire six marker and still get full lol

ReputationRep:
    A2 papers have godly boundaries man, I could skip the entire six marker and still get full lol
    Lucky you guys :sad: Have you seen Edexcel's Unit 4!?

74/80 for full last summer .-.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously cannot deal with C2, it's easy to understand in the textbook but in an exam paper its just eugh . I feel like it's too late to do past papers- i should've started long time ago

ReputationRep:

last year unit 4 was 59/75, unit 5 was 68/75. Admittedly there was a mistake in one of the questions in the unit 4 one tho

ReputationRep:

I really like Edexcel for Chemistry though! There hasn't been many ******** questions often found in AQA lol

That moment I realise painfully that my life is being overtaken by exams....I just typed Edexcel into my computer search instead of Excel :lol:

ReputationRep:
    last year unit 4 was 59/75, unit 5 was 68/75. Admittedly there was a mistake in one of the questions in the unit 4 one tho
    Huh? Physics is out of 80

I really like Edexcel for Chemistry though! There hasn't been many ******** questions often found in AQA lol

That moment I realise painfully that my life is being overtaken by exams....I just typed Edexcel into my computer search instead of Excel :lol:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Huh? Physics is out of 80

LOL
    I meant for aqa

ReputationRep:
    I meant for aqa
    Oh for you guys. Wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66Sharlene99)
    I seriously cannot deal with C2, it's easy to understand in the textbook but in an exam paper its just eugh . I feel like it's too late to do past papers- i should've started long time ago
    Don't worry, I did my first C2 paper on the 6th April and only started doing them seriously in May last year. Just get on with it now instead of worrying

ReputationRep:
    Oh for you guys. Wow!
    tbf there was a mistake on a question. can't remember the exact details but they either added or omitted a milli prefix when they weren't supposed to so if you had plotted the graph they wanted would have just been a straight line lol rather than an exponential decay (was a capacitor question iirc)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 29, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.