Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do south Asian parents hate black guys Watch

ReputationRep:
    If my parents cared about me they wouldn't tell me who I can and can't be with if I'm in love with said person. I'm sorry but they'll have to take the high road because it's my life and not theirs. Lol I don't know why all of you let your parents control you like you're still 15 when you're actually 20 - 25. I guess I'm just rebellious. I'm not subservient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubZero~)
    Are you Asian and concerned about this? Kind of guessing due to the sad faces. ;-; PM if you need!
    Nope, I'm black

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Nope, I'm black
    Oh then I'm really, really sorry. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubZero~)
    Oh then I'm really, really sorry. :rofl:
    don't be sorry! You have nothing to apologise for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STLJA)
    Lol you are actually more or less the same mix as me I believe (I self identify as black just to make life easier.) It's so rare to find someone who is mixed Afro and Indo-Caribbean. Which part of the Caribbean are you from?
    I am Jamaican. I identify as Black as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    don't be sorry! You have nothing to apologise for
    Nah, lol! I need to stop assuming and make sure I get my facts right lol.

i'm a south asian girl and my parents would be equally unhappy about a black guy as they would be about a white guy or a chinese guy. even south asians who aren't from the same place as me would be a problem

ReputationRep:
    I'm Indian and my parents would not only be unhappy about me being with a white, black, Chinese or Middle Eastern guy, they'd be unhappy if I was with a Pakistani guy or a guy from North India . It's mainly to do with cultures (although there is that element of racism)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Haa tho khabar chhe khem? Because bau jungli vara thay jai ghar ma :rofl:
    HAHAHAHAHA jungli! lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Because I told my parents and all South Asian parents to hate just you
    FeelsBadMan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They value educational achievement so you might not fit the bill. Bruh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bealzibub)
    I'm white and as a parent (say in 10 years), I'd be pissed off too if my son/daughter brought home a black woman/man or anyone non Caucasian for that matter.

Why would anyone want to destroy their lineage/bloodline?
    to create a new lineage

ReputationRep:
    Because they're racist, but it doesn't count as they're not white.

I actually dont think it is racist if your not willing to be with some one of a different skin colour? or am i the only one lol? Is it really racist though if you would just to prefer to be with your own kind? culturally the same? brought up in a similar way?

just fed up of people just pulling the "racist" card all the time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.