Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The astonishing vestigial hard right hatred of gay people Watch

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest - nobody LIKES homosexuals. Not in an overall sense. Yes, they may have queer friends that they don't reject, yes they may enjoy theatrical productions & parades, etc. but they do not (as a rule) have relationships that are "best friend" relationships. No parent yearns for a homosexual offspring.

So most people find it difficult to get all worked up over what ISIS does to homosexuals today, especially when the Bible repeatedly describes death as the penalty for perverted sex acts. For the average person, it does not matter that the New Testament superseded the Old Testament; they still see that God Himself was/is not opposed to the death penalty for homosexual behavior.

We can be gracious to homosexuals as a social policy but that doesn't make homosexuals likeable or "one of us". They are deliberately deviant AND they revel in being victims of social disapproval. This makes them annoying at best and serious threats to stability at worst.

Not to mention that it isn't like ISIS is hiding anything. Everybody in areas of ISIS control knows what happens to homosexuals. If they continue their behaviors in a manner that ISIS can see, what is surprising about getting tossed off a building?

Is it the thrill of pushing the social envelope? Sure looks like it could be. Or they could just be genetically stupid., Who knows? Sad though it might be, few people care about homosexuals and their dramatic travails.
    Oh the irony :rolleyes:

He takes ignorance and stupidity to a whole new level, it's like he sees gay people as a different species ffs :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Some on the left are too. I seen you drop a racist generalisation about white people the other day, which is proof that people on the left can be racist too.
    Rubbish. All whites are slave owners... even these white people, who were actually slave owners

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

ReputationRep:
    this gave me a mini panic attack

ReputationRep:
    i am a Right Wing Christian but am very tolerant about people's sexuality. I am sure if i had friends some of them would be gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i am a Right Wing Christian but am very tolerant about people's sexuality. I am sure if i had friends some of them would be gay.
    What do you mean "if you had friends"? You don't have any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    >one far right guy spouts nonsense
    >label the WHOLE right wing as homophobic

Because that's fair right? I'm sure there's people on the left who aren't a fan of homosexuals.
    PRSOM.

The left wing in a nutshell:
    Claim to encourage diversity and freedom. -> Discriminate against people who have different opinions.

As for the secular right, we don't care what you think or say unless you actively try to force your opinion on the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    What do you mean "if you had friends"? You don't have any?
    what i said

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    Yea, extremists exist. Nothing new there.

Careful how you word it. You're implying that right wingers are all like this, but that's only a minority of us. There's an important distinction to make here, there's a religious right wing and a secular right wing. The religious right are where the homophobic, racist fanatics come from. Not all rrw's are fanatical, racist or homophobic though. Even if someone is like that, it's their right to have an opinion AND to be able to voice it, so you can suck it up leftists.

Anyway, the rest of us (and the majority) are secular far right. We don't give a hoot about what your sexuality is or what religion you follow. What we care about is the preservation of our culture and our freedoms. People always confuse it with the far left because of it being liberal. However, the srw is more of an "integrate or gtfo" standpoint on immigration and a "our country our laws" one on allowing outlanders to interfere in politics. It's also an "everyone has the right to an opinion and the right to be heard, regardless of who they offend" stance. It's true freedom of speech.

The far left are people like radical feminists, people who claim to be liberal, but go out of their way to silence opposing ideas/opinions and to force their ideals about "freedom" on everyone else. The irony is of course that this is the exact opposite of liberalism. They are in fact both authoritarian and fascist.

As for me, I'm a proud, secular far right nationalist.

Remember lefties, being liberal requires supporting true freedom of speech and hating censorship. If you'd silence someone, no matter how offensive they are being, then you're not liberal, you're fascist.
    Pretty brave to publicly state that

(To think I used to think you were far left! Think I got you confused with Plagioclase or the other chemistry-oriented guy)

ReputationRep:

Careful how you word it. You're implying that right wingers are all like this, but that's only a minority of us. There's an important distinction to make here, there's a religious right wing and a secular right wing. The religious right are where the homophobic, racist fanatics come from. Not all rrw's are fanatical, racist or homophobic though. Even if someone is like that, it's their right to have an opinion AND to be able to voice it, so you can suck it up leftists.

Anyway, the rest of us (and the majority) are secular far right. We don't give a hoot about what your sexuality is or what religion you follow. What we care about is the preservation of our culture and our freedoms. People always confuse it with the far left because of it being liberal. However, the srw is more of an "integrate or gtfo" standpoint on immigration and a "our country our laws" one on allowing outlanders to interfere in politics. It's also an "everyone has the right to an opinion and the right to be heard, regardless of who they offend" stance. It's true freedom of speech.

The far left are people like radical feminists, people who claim to be liberal, but go out of their way to silence opposing ideas/opinions and to force their ideals about "freedom" on everyone else. The irony is of course that this is the exact opposite of liberalism. They are in fact both authoritarian and fascist.

As for me, I'm a proud, secular far right nationalist.

Remember lefties, being liberal requires supporting true freedom of speech and hating censorship. If you'd silence someone, no matter how offensive they are being, then you're not liberal, you're fascist.
    How can you be OK saying that you're a nationalist? Why are you a nationalist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    I seen you drop a racist generalisation
    LOL? What did I say then??

ReputationRep:
    Poppin' dat corn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    How can you be OK saying that you're a nationalist? Why are you a nationalist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest "patriot" is a better term for it.

I've watched British culture and traditions crumble away to close to non-existence, all in favor of "multiculturalism" - an ideology which has lead only to the death of our culture, the restricting of free speech and has created huge divides between people living here. It's been derogatory for the indigenous population (who're the only ones who've got a birthright to live on this rock, because it's our land) but no one cares about how the natives feel, they only care about idealistic "diversity."

But to be straight with you, I don't give a flying monkey about things like race or religion. What's important is that people work together and integrate into our culture so it gets preserved and traditional British values live on. I'm all in favor of giving everyone equal opportunities and equal rights, but such things must not come at the cost of our freedoms and culture. The left wingers are so blinded by their idealistic vision of "diversity" that in trying to make it a reality all they've done is drive massive wedges between people and have thrown everything our ancestors fought and died for into the rubbish bin.

Diversity is a good thing, but only when the foreign peoples integrate and adopt the culture of their host nation.

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Pretty brave to publicly state that

(To think I used to think you were far left! Think I got you confused with Plagioclase or the other chemistry-oriented guy)
    Well, the far left and secular far right are pretty easy to confuse! Like I said the difference is in how we do things: the far left wants to just clump everyone together even if it means having incompatible cultures living next door to each other, whereas the srw encourage diversity and equal rights while also protecting the indigenous culture and freedoms of our people. We're essentially like an anti-fascist far left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanSoloLuck)
    But marriage is a religious institution
    Nope. Marriage is a civil institution which in certain cases is given a religious imprimatur.

Thus you don't need to go to a church to get married, you can do so in a registry office

ReputationRep:

Careful how you word it. You're implying that right wingers are all like this, but that's only a minority of us. There's an important distinction to make here, there's a religious right wing and a secular right wing.
    Most definitely. In other comments I do state that I understand these views are not even in the mainstream of the social conservative right. And as I said, I have plenty of conservative friends; in fact, the majority of my mates are centre-right classical liberals (very open socially, in favour of free markets and state fiscal discipline)

Even if someone is like that, it's their right to have an opinion AND to be able to voice it, so you can suck it up leftists.
    Now you're just being puerile. You clearly don't have the most basic clue about my political orientation, and you seem to be emotionally driven to find an argument that doesn't exist on this thread, one in which you can pose as the brave defender of free speech. Given nobody has called for this individual to suffer criminal consequences or be silenced, you won't find any opportunity to pose as such here.

You'll have to point out where I called for this person to be silenced. Why is it that those on the religious right and those on the centre-right who covertly sympathise with them confuse the idea of freedom of speech (freedom from state interference in speech) with some putative "right" not to be opposed over your views, even ridiculed for them, and for people to point out what a jackass the person is?

Why do they always whine about being "persecuted" when someone is simply drawing attention to their foul views and speaking out against it? Freedom of speech is the right to express yourself, not some made-up right never to face the social and societal consequences of expressing them (being viewed with contempt by mainstream society, in the case of far right bigots)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    I would consider you hateful more than anything. If your religion has caused you to think that anyone who doesn't believe in Christ is going to hell (pretty extreme), that the death penalty should be allowed and that abortion and same sex marriage should be illegal, it's pretty sad really. Quite ironic that you also say you try to 'contribute to the community'...'Love thy neighbour', just as long as your neighbour isn't gay, non-religious, someone who drinks alcohol or a woman who believes in abortion. You should pray to your God that you can overcome all your prejudices.
    So many religious people are hypocrites and judgmental and it's disgusting.
    I am sure she has done things that would make her up in her magical idea of hell.

ReputationRep:
    Diversity is a good thing, but only when the foreign peoples integrate and adopt the culture of their host nation.
    Your concept of diversity is that everyone has the same culture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teensnails)
    I think he meant diversity of races, origins and religions, but, pertinently, not core values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teensnails)
    Not "same culture" but a basic set of fundamental principles that is not to be compromised for e.g. like secularism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Years & Months)
    I think he meant diversity of races, origins and religions, but, pertinently, not core values.
    Peroxidation's a woman, not a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Peroxidation's a woman, not a man.
    if they hide their gender symbol then they can't complain when they are incorrectly labelled as a man/woman.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.