Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurematters)
    What subjects are you planning on taking for A-level? Or what subjects are you currently doing for A-levels?

I'm planning on doing maths, english literature, business and economics and accounting.
    Drop one of them, everyone always ends up just doing 3 at the end of the year

ReputationRep:
    bio, chem, maths (or as my school call it- the Asian trio) and either geog or psychology idk yet...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Maths, physics, chemistry, biology.

My school has switched to the new thing where you don't do AS levels and so they want most people to do three A-levels instead, because now if you take four and drop one after year 12 then you don't get any qualification for it (whereas before you'd get an AS).

They say that they're still letting some people do four if they think they can handle it, hopefully they will allow me to do four, if not I'll do maths physics chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    I'm the only one from both my school and the school we're partnered with who chose it so they're not running it. I'm also not moving schools for sixth form because very few places other than the grammar school actually offer it near me and those that do are on the other side of the city
    That really is a shame! You could always learn German outside of school, though. D'you think you'd want to do that?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    That really is a shame! You could always learn German outside of school, though. D'you think you'd want to do that?
    I've considered it but I don't even know where to start tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KomradeKorbyn)
    Maths, physics, chemistry, biology.

My school has switched to the new thing where you don't do AS levels and so they want most people to do three A-levels instead, because now if you take four and drop one after year 12 then you don't get any qualification for it (whereas before you'd get an AS).

They say that they're still letting some people do four if they think they can handle it, hopefully they will allow me to do four, if not I'll do maths physics chemistry.
    So are you trying for medicine ? What are your 4 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing French, Geography, Biology andWelsh Bacc and I'm also doing an extra qualification in Mandarin!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by vn2410)
    So are you trying for medicine ? What are your 4 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I am trying to get into medicine How'd you know?

What do you mean what are my 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alimila)
    Drop one of them, everyone always ends up just doing 3 at the end of the year
    My school make you do 4 for the first year and then you are allowed to drop one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    I'm planning to take chemistry, biology and maths. Maybe EPQ- not sure yet
    Aw cool! The EPQ sounds like a good thing to do. And I'm quite looking forward to the maths A-level because I'm doing an FSMQ of additional maths at the moment, so we've practically covered half of the course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    I've considered it but I don't even know where to start tbh
    How about just listening to German stuff and maybe getting a German pen friend or something so that you don't forget the language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliceharmer15)
    Aw cool! The EPQ sounds like a good thing to do. And I'm quite looking forward to the maths A-level because I'm doing an FSMQ of additional maths at the moment, so we've practically covered half of the course!
    Wow, you're so lucky. I also do a FSMQ but in Use of Maths unfortunately. Hopefully, maths next year will be as enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Wow, you're so lucky. I also do a FSMQ but in Use of Maths unfortunately. Hopefully, maths next year will be as enjoyable.
    It probably will. Maths is a nice subject to take I think
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    How about just listening to German stuff and maybe getting a German pen friend or something so that you don't forget the language?
    Yeah I think what I've decided is that I'll keep practicing it regularly but not actively trying to learn loads of new stuff, so that I don't forget the language then I'll just pick it back up again in later life

ReputationRep:
    I am going to take: physics, chemistry, maths and further maths.

I can't wait for further maths and I've been told there is little interest so they are small classes (like one or two people) and it is with my favourite teacher so hopefully I will be able to keep up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    AS level- currently doing Media Studies, RE, Sociology and Government and Politics

Politics is banging

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliceharmer15)
    What's EPQ and FSMQ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy)
    What's EPQ and FSMQ??
    EPQ = Extended Project Qualification
    FSMQ = Free Standing Maths Qualification
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    Business Studies
    English
    Spanish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurematters)
    What subjects are you planning on taking for A-level? Or what subjects are you currently doing for A-levels?

I'm planning on doing maths, english literature, business and economics and accounting.
    I am currently taking A2 Computing, A2 ICT, A2 Maths, an AS in Further Maths, AS General Studies (not my choice ) and an EPQ.

Last year I did AS Maths, AS Computing, AS ICT, AS Critical Thinking and AS Physics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.