Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much mobile phone data do you use each month? Watch

ReputationRep:
    < 150 Mb
    Everywhere I go seems to have good wifi

ReputationRep:
    Over 20gb. I have the infinite pack from 3.

ReputationRep:
    Man, you guys are getting ripped off.

5.5 GB
    150 Mins
    Ultd Texts

£10 a month. (To be fair, an uncle gave me his old iPhone 6, so that was lucky)

ReputationRep:
    You should only need 2GB if you have wifi at home!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Man, you guys are getting ripped off.

5.5 GB
    150 Mins
    Ultd Texts

£10 a month. (To be fair, an uncle gave me his old iPhone 6, so that was lucky)
    What network is that on, may I ask? Also, is that SIM only?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    What network is that on, may I ask? Also, is that SIM only?
    Yep, SIM only with EE

The 5.5GB of data was just dumb luck though. It was initially 500MB, but I got given a free 5GB booster for 1 month... the booster glitched out and now I get it for free every month.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Yep, SIM only with EE

The 5.5GB of data was just dumb luck though. It was initially 500MB, but I got given a free 5GB booster for 1 month... the booster glitched out and now I get it for free every month.
    I thought that must have been a glitch, because EE aren't usually that cheap regarding phone tariffs. EE are usually more expensive.

Awesome deal though!

I am now getting 16GB per month wih EE for £20 - got it whilst it was on special offer, should be £35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I have an iPhone 5, which I have now had for about 3 years.

It is badly performing, and I need a new one ASAP.

I am also emigrating later in the year (hopefully) so I don't know what would happen to my 24 month contract, because realistically I cannot use UK data in Japan can I?
    There is absolutely no point taking out a contract if you're emigrating soon, if you buy a new phone go pay as you go or sim only until you leave the country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.