The Student Room Group

What do you actually want to do with your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I was thinking about this exact question yesterday when I was travelling home from work. The idea of me spending my early years travelling back and forth every day on the bus was suddenly quite depressing to me, and I had this overwhelming urge to do something good and worthwhile..then I watched a movie and totally forgot about it. :colonhash:

In all honesty I just want to be as happy as possible. If I suddenly realise that in order to be happy I have to write a great novel or run in a marathon then I will. :tongue: That being said, I'd love to write a great book one day. And I'd like to settle down somewhere in the countryside.

This rings so true.

I think we often have little crises of self, but then we get on with something and it's forgotten about for the most part within a couple of hours.
1) Work in publishing
2) Live in a big house where I can stuff rooms with squishy sofas and books
3) Adopt a whole load of dogs
4) Be happy
5) If I do find the right guy, have a bunch of adorable kids
6) Spend a few years travelling

I think that's it :')
Original post by SophieSmall
This rings so true.

I think we often have little crises of self, but then we get on with something and it's forgotten about for the most part within a couple of hours.

I completely agree :smile: and I guess the question is, does that matter? Is it a sign of a lack of will, or is it entirely pointless in the grand scheme of things and therefore totally inconsequential.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I completely agree :smile: and I guess the question is, does that matter? Is it a sign of a lack of will, or is it entirely pointless in the grand scheme of things and therefore totally inconsequential.

Good question. But I have no idea :tongue:
Reply 64
I want be the change the world has been waiting for

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
I want to be king of the pirates
I just want to make a difference to someone's life.
I don't care in what way,
I just want someone to say "my life would have been a lot worse without you".
That would just make my life.
The feeling of your existence being valued by others is just wonderful.

Who knows where I will actually end up. Its actually scaring me, the thought of growing up and having to get a job - a job that I might hate but I would have to do because I need the money in order to survive. Just terrifying.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have no idea :sad: I want a lot of children and be a great mother and wife, but career wise, no clue. I'll probably end up with some boring finance job :colonhash:
Maths and physics.
Original post by Daniel9998
hookers and cocaine

This tbh ^
I don't know. :s-smilie: Work wise, I guess something to do with animals. Something with animals and their behaviour/cognition would be interesting. I want to find a guy who wants me (there must be someone out there xD), have a family (there must be a pug involved), and just live a content normal life. I just want to enjoy everything life has to offer.
(edited 8 years ago)
-I want to always be working because my mum has told me life is dull if you're not working and I can see her point.
-To get married I suppose...
-I want a house which has a perfect room for a library.
-I want to travel often, not just to random countries but certain places that really interest me.
-I want to be very happy. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest