Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    what if your true self is hitler
    Hitler didn't see himself as evil though, almost no one does. He thought he was doing Germany a favour, his intentions are arguable as good even though what he was actually doing was deplorable.

ReputationRep:
    Great post!!! This is really well written and i can relate to it all!
    Nice one!!!!!!!

That Awesome Genius guy sounds like an ******* from what he said to you!
    I hope youre feeling better now! I know how hard you worked!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    Great thread.
    You're great.

This is a a perfectly nice, lovely and encouraging thread.
    If people'd just take the advice of threads like this then maybe they wouldn't attack good people for no reason. This is a good message. I don't care what anyone thinks.

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    You're great.
    Agreed. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Thank you

Oh please don't hate him, this is between me and him
    Spoiler:
    Show
    what happened is a long story. I feel good thank you :heart:
    Its a very nice read!!!!

Ok. I just dont want people being nasty to you!
    Youre too nice and deserve respect!!! :heart:

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Its a very nice read!!!!

Ok. I just dont want people being nasty to you!
    Youre too nice and deserve respect!!! :heart:
    Ty again :kiss:

That's very nice of you to say , much appreciated :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    You're great.
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Agreed. :yep:

Tysm, you're both amazing people. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Why ? It will be my first question.
    Why people are insecure ?

Because.

Because once they open their heart to someone - a lover, a friend - they give something to that person, a part of them, a smile, a word. Whatever you know, they just gave something important to them. Because sharing is important.

Then the other person just let you down. They use your gift as a weapon, and they hurt you. Is it on purpose ? I truly don't think so. I just think that such people do not realise they're hurting , they aren't as sensitive as others. And that's all. Can we blame them for that ?

Yes we can. Because of the pain. The damage. It just hurts.

How ? Second question. How can people hurt you ?
    People hurt you once you trust them. That's why it's hard to trust someone, and I barely trust anyone.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I trusted both of you tho. This is my gift for you, and I'm happy to share because I know you trust me back :heart:

Last question. Will you survive ? You will. You definitely will.
    Because whatever people say, whatever they think of you, it defines you only if you let it happen. You can be yourself. The real you. You don't have to let people get you down.
    You are fabulous, and you have to stay fabulous. Because if people attacked you, it was because of that. You are too fabulous for your own good. But you are yourself. And it's remarkable.

"Maybe you feel lost right now, but we know who you are, and we'll remember it for you, until you do it for yourself."

I love you :heart:
    So you're claiming that people who end up hurting you, albeit unconsciously, are still liable to the damage you're feeling?

I don't know your experience on this matter, but I will confess that my diverging opinion is largely drawn from my own.

I was accused of hurting somebody for the same reason that you mentioned. I was -according to that person- given something precious and dear, yet I was not informed of that thing's value, and ended up "hurting" the sender for not acknowledging it. Funny thing is, I never even refused or used the gift against him - as he claimed-; I just didn't know the intentions behind it. He subconsciously attributed a value to what he'd given to me, and expected me somehow know it. I did not; I was guessing, I was dreaming, yet I did not know for sure, so I couldn't assume anything. If I had come back to him telling him "I know what all of this is for" and my presumption was wrong, I would have ended up being hurt yet once more, for I have mistakenly assumed the value of such gifts before. In those instances I didn't just end up losing the gift, but also the sender.

He just blamed me for not knowing, so how am I to blame, if I never even wanted to hurt him in the first place? He hurt himself, and hurt me for then accusing me of his suffering.

In life you need to learn to take chances. You can't ever tell who a person truly is, your opinion of that person will be drawn from your experience together, whether it will be positive or negative. If it happens to be the latter, don't just jump to the conclusion that you were in the right, and it's that person's loss or fault. That's just petty-self reassurance, and it's temporary. Think as to why things happened the way they did, and whether you were actually liable for some of the damage you've been caused. You can't just blame someone because you've been hurt. You can hurt your own self, by talking to the wrong people, or saying the wrong things to the wrong people at the wrong time.

(Original post by LaMandarine)
    So you're claiming that people who end up hurting you, albeit unconsciously, are still liable to the damage you're feeling?
    Actually in here I am talking about a very particular case
    And yes I do, because when someone knows they hurt you at 1st and never apologized for it, I blame them 101%.

I don't know your experience on this matter, but I will confess that my diverging opinion is largely drawn from my own.

I was accused of hurting somebody for the same reason that you mentioned. I was -according to that person- given something precious and dear, yet I was not informed of that thing's value, and ended up "hurting" the sender for not acknowledging it. Funny thing is, I never even refused or used the gift against him - as he claimed-; I just didn't know the intentions behind it. He subconsciously attributed a value to what he'd given to me, and expected me somehow know it. I did not; I was guessing, I was dreaming, yet I did not know for sure, so I couldn't assume anything. If I had come back to him telling him "I know what all of this is for" and my presumption was wrong, I would have ended up being hurt yet once more, for I have mistakenly assumed the value of such gifts before. In those instances I didn't just end up losing the gift, but also the sender.

He just blamed me for not knowing, so how am I to blame, if I never even wanted to hurt him in the first place? He hurt himself, and hurt me for then accusing me of his suffering.
    I am sorry you had to go through such a thing :/ :console:

In life you need to learn to take chances. You can't ever tell who a person truly is, your opinion of that person will be drawn from your experience together, whether it will be positive or negative. If it happens to be the latter, don't just jump to the conclusion that you were in the right, and it's that person's loss or fault. That's just petty-self reassurance, and it's temporary. Think as to why things happened the way they did, and whether you were actually liable for some of the damage you've been caused. You can't just blame someone because you've been hurt. You can hurt your own self, by talking to the wrong people, or saying the wrong things to the wrong people at the wrong time.
    Fair enough :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ty again :kiss:

That's very nice of you to say , much appreciated :yep:
    No worries:kiss:

I felt you deserve to know!!!

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    No worries:kiss:

I felt you deserve to know!!!
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Actually in here I am talking about a very particular case
    And yes I do, because when someone knows they hurt you at 1st and never apologized for it, I blame them 101%.
    Then that is no longer unconsciously hurting someone, is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    what if your true self is hitler
    Well, he ended up being his true self eventually.

Then that is no longer unconsciously hurting someone, is it?
    It is ! What I meant is when people hurt you at first they might have no idea they did. But after talking to them , you aware them of what they've done , and if they are not mature enough to applogize then I think I can blame them

ReputationRep:
    It is ! What I meant is when people hurt you at first they might have no idea they did. But after talking to them , you aware them of what they've done , and if they are not mature enough to apologize then I think I can blame them
    In that case yes, but it depends how you address yourself to that person when you want to inform them that you've been hurt.

I'm not saying you informed that person of your suffering in a malicious way, but the person from my example did. I did apologize, but he was so submerged in his angst that he didn't even notice. I'm still thinking whether I should have apologized, after how he accused me of such false tosh. Not only did he accuse me for hurting him, but he accused me of doing something I didn't even do. Heard from other people of such, and took their word before even asking me to prove otherwise.

In that case yes, but it depends how you address yourself to that person when you want to inform them that you've been hurt.

I'm not saying you informed that person of your suffering in a malicious way, but the person from my example did. I did apologize, but he was so submerged in his angst that he didn't even notice. I'm still thinking whether I should have apologized, after how he accused me of such false tosh. Not only did he accuse me for hurting him, but he accused me of doing something I didn't even do. Heard from other people of such, and took their word before even asking me to prove otherwise.
    In your case , the guy had clearly no intention to listen to you anyway :/
    I am sorry for what happened , I hope you are alright about it today :hugs:

And indeed in such a case, he could not blame you for something you did not do , or even blame you for something you could not explain yourself for >_<

ReputationRep:
    In your case , the guy had clearly no intention to listen to you anyway :/
    I am sorry for what happened , I hope you are alright about it today :hugs:

And indeed in such a case, he could not blame you for something you did not do , or even blame you for something you could not explain yourself for >_<
    It's been almost a year, so I like to think I've closed that chapter
    Spoiler:
    Show
    though me talking about it doesn't do me a great service, so I guess I'm contradicting myself.
    Thank you for the empathy, I share the same feeling for your situation. From what I managed to read from this thread, you wanted to pursue something I knew I wanted to do for well over a decade.

Despite the merits I had in my Biology course in high school, my parents told me they wouldn't support me in medical school as it was far too expensive to even get in, let alone provide for me 6 years (as medicine would have not really allowed me to get a job on the side).

I ended up taking my second favourite course, History, but I don't see myself compatible with it even now, after 2 years. I only liked History as a hobby, never thought I'd end up pursuing it as a career choice. I threatened my family that I will finish this course, work for a couple of years to get the money, and get myself into medical school...but let's face it, I'll be expired by then. Waste of time, wasted life.

I ended up tutoring colleagues who initially hated Biology that are now in Medical School, funny how the tables have turned.

It's been almost a year, so I like to think I've closed that chapter
    Spoiler:
    Show
    though me talking about it doesn't do me a great service, so I guess I'm contradicting myself.
    Thank you for the empathy, I share the same feeling for your situation. From what I managed to read from this thread, you wanted to pursue something I knew I wanted to do for well over a decade.

Despite the merits I had in my Biology course in high school, my parents told me they wouldn't support me in medical school as it was far too expensive to even get in, let alone provide for me 6 years (as medicine would have not really allowed me to get a job on the side).

I ended up taking my second favourite course, History, but I don't see myself compatible with it even now, after 2 years. I only liked History as a hobby, never thought I'd end up pursuing it as a career choice. I threatened my family that I will finish this course, work for a couple of years to get the money, and get myself into medical school...but let's face it, I'll be expired by then. Waste of time, wasted life.

I ended up tutoring colleagues who initially hated Biology that are now in Medical School, funny how the tables have turned.
    Awww :/ :hugs: :hugs:

Omg I am sorry you could not get in medical school and of course you would not waste your life ! Do whatever you think makes you happy at the moment , and your life will never be a waste !!

My case is different I did one year of med in France , and I failed (the selection here occurs during the 1st year) but this is my dream ; I dropped out (instead of continue to do pharma/dentistery/physio/midwifery) and I applied abroad. I have an offer in New Zealand , but for 2018. My 1st choice is Charles uni in Prague (for next september) and I am currently working for the entrance examination.

I am sorry you could not get in really , was I failed I know the feeling :hugs:

You said you only like history as a hobby ; but you like it for a career choice right ? I hope you do !!

(Original post by hezzlington)
    I'm not sure I get it.

I sort of read it as a poem :dontknow:
    You didn't get it because it was adressee to someone :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.