Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I wish the new Government well.

The Shadow Cabinet is almost ready to go, and will come out on Thursday when our DL election concludes.
    Thank you! I hope we won't give you much ammunition.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has a question for me, please tag me as it makes it easier to find it! If no one has any questions. Thank you for saving me from embarrassment xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenC1997)
    Will this government aim to increase civil liberties, or tighten up security services and internal control?

I sincerely hope it is the former.
    I will consider a reform to the human rights act which looks to further clarify civil rights and only restrict those who are not deserving of said rights. Plans are however preliminary and nowhere near complete. It will likely be a cross party policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    I will consider a reform to the human rights act which looks to further clarify civil rights and only restrict those who are not deserving of said rights. Plans are however preliminary and nowhere near complete. It will likely be a cross party policy.
    There are people that are undeserving of them? That shall certainly be an interesting bill.

ReputationRep:
    Will this government aim to increase civil liberties, or tighten up security services and internal control?

I sincerely hope it is the former.
    My Party at the general pledged to protect Civil Liberties. It is what we and I have always stood for and it is what we will continue to stand for

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has a question for me, please tag me as it makes it easier to find it! If no one has any questions. Thank you for saving me from embarrassment xD
    It's nice to see you - I don't often see you around.

ReputationRep:
    There are people that are undeserving of them? That shall certainly be an interesting bill.
    Ah, my wording should be more delicate. What I mean to say is that, human rights can only be universal up to a certain point. I believe that criminals who have committed grave crimes should not be deserving of certain rights which in turn improve their lives at the expense of those whom they have harmed. Again, this is a very brief idea and it is unlikely to be something that I consider introducing until Winter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    It's nice to see you - I don't often see you around.
    Hello! Didn't even know that people noticed me

ReputationRep:
    I would say the more pertinent point is that there are people who deserve them, remember that the majority (very close) don't even believe rights fundamentally exist

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would be interested in adding a clause that allows for sexual freedom and expression.

ReputationRep:
    In answering all the questions i should probably issue a statement saying that i look forward to serving as SOS for Infrastructure (you all know the type of stuff i'll be going for), look forward to no doubt contributing to the budget preparation (and annoying them since they'll be funding some of my plans) and finally look forward towards debating with the pacifists and isolationists that i'll no doubt encounter on foreign policy matters. I also look forward (provided he's not changed his views) to working with HistoryBore (and Toronto) again as we largely agreed on pretty much everything (hence the surprise that he left for the former, working with Toronto in a non-leadership role will be interesting).

ReputationRep:
    Interesting view from a Liberal, a common one for a Tory though, Good for the coalition.

ReputationRep:
    I would be interested in adding a clause that allows for sexual freedom and expression.
    That will be a fun one to argue given some of the deviants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Does this government have an official policy on immigration yet?

2. How come Aph, who must already be regarded as a senior member of the Liberals based on experience and activity levels alone, has but a minimal role in the Government?

3. What does this government think the O/U line is on the percentage of Government Bills which will pass during this Parliament?

4. Same question for the number of Government Bills proposed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    That will be a fun one to argue given some of the deviants

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It won't be easy. But my friends! I hope you have my other, real policy ideas!

ReputationRep:
    banterboy As the nearest thing to my counterpart, what are your plans for the term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    1. Does this government have an official policy on immigration yet?

2. How come Aph, who must already be regarded as a senior member of the Liberals based on experience and activity levels alone, has but a minimal role in the Government?

3. What does this government think the O/U line is on the percentage of Government Bills which will pass during this Parliament?

4. Same question for the number of Government Bills proposed.
    1) That's one for LP and Petros but the Tories themselves don't entirely agree on immigration policy so i suspect we'll see individual reforms but no major structural change.

2) Answered, read thread.

3 and 4) LP will no doubt have a personal goal but i'd like to see us have a per capita value of 2.0+ in terms of production.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    1) That's one for LP and Petros but the Tories themselves don't entirely agree on immigration policy so i suspect we'll see individual reforms but no major structural change.

2) Answered, read thread.

3 and 4) LP will no doubt have a personal goal but i'd like to see us have a per capita value of 2.0+ in terms of production.
    2) didn't see when reading thread, would be grateful if you could link and/or repeat answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    2) didn't see when reading thread, would be grateful if you could link and/or repeat answer
    Surprisingly i don't disagree (he can be quite productive and informed when he wants to be). The more likely reason for his position is that it would have been unfeasible for him to be anywhere near foreign or economic policy. He's welcome to bend the knee in infrastructure though.

ReputationRep:
    It is also in my interest to amend the oath adding a line e that swears allegiance to the British people

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.