Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    Evidence?

See above definition of pride.

See above post.

Re-read the thread. This has already been discussed.
    Ditto. Everything you have said is wrong.

You are too conceited to admit it, instead resorting to pointless dismissives, so I guess one cannot hold an intelligent discussion with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainhuman)

You are too conceited to admit it, instead resorting to pointless dismissives, so I guess one cannot hold an intelligent discussion with you.
    Sorry, is this aimed at myself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Sorry, is this aimed at myself?
    No, I quoted Acaderia or what is name is.

ReputationRep:

Gave up so soon? Shame.

ReputationRep:
    Gave up so soon? Shame.
    Gave up on what? I already know you are a lost cause

It has a certain charm to talk on here, but you have to know when the other person is beyond help.

ReputationRep:
    Gave up on what? I already know you are a lost cause

It has a certain charm to talk on here, but you have to know when the other person is beyond help.
    Suit yourself. You can always re-quote me when you've read up on the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I would rephrase the bolded as 'there is insufficient evidence to conclude with certainty that Brexit will be positive or negative economically', then I'd agree
    That's a statement I can agree with.

ReputationRep:
    Suit yourself. You can always re-quote me when you've read up on the subject.
    I see you are of the type of person that needs to take the last jibe. Not surprised, have a nice life.

ReputationRep:
    Would it be the 'Ordinary Legislative Procedure'? (Sorry, I'd rather share my opinion on something relevant )
    Yes i believe it is this. Point is that we lose voting power in the European parliament (or council) and have no say in the laws that we will inevitably have to follow once the trade deal is done. It may not be a game changer but its certainly worth considering.

ReputationRep:
    I see you are of the type of person that needs to take the last jibe. Not surprised, have a nice life.
    Why, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Yes i believe it is this. Point is that we lose voting power in the European parliament (or council) and have no say in the laws that we will inevitably have to follow once the trade deal is done. It may not be a game changer but its certainly worth considering.
    Absolutely!

ReputationRep:
    We get less back than we put in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    We get less back than we put in.
    Says who?

If you would actually inform yourself properly on the issue, most studies (yes not all, but most, and by the most respected sources) say that overall Britain gains. Yes in purely monetary terms, they pay in more, but there are so many more benefits beyond "we pay x we get y, x is bigger than y, ergo it must be bad", that are hard to measure or even immeasurable.

If your name is true and you are at school, then well you have time to learn how to inform yourself properly and not just read headline grabbing slogans.

ReputationRep:
    Says who?

If you would actually inform yourself properly on the issue, most studies (yes not all, but most, and by the most respected sources) say that overall Britain gains. Yes in purely monetary terms, they pay in more, but there are so many more benefits beyond "we pay x we get y, x is bigger than y, ergo it must be bad", that are hard to measure or even immeasurable.

If your name is true and you are at school, then well you have time to learn how to inform yourself properly and not just read headline grabbing slogans.

ReputationRep:
    lol you ignored the entire post you responded to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    lol you ignored the entire post you responded to.
    I read it, Just that I provided a graph to show the cash in's and out's.

ReputationRep:
    Then you missed the point. Yes, we contribute more to the budget than we receive back from it, but we also make money indirectly from our EU membership through trade with other EU members.

ReputationRep:
    Both sides are blatantly lying

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that in pure monetary terms the UK is a net payer. I then proceeded to tell you that there are for more factors at play than simple monetary exchanges.

Apparently you neither got that I said the UK is a net payer nor bothered to read or understand the rest of the post.

Maybe there is no more time for you to learn after all...

Then you didn't understand it one bit.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that in pure monetary terms the UK is a net payer. I then proceeded to tell you that there are for more factors at play than simple monetary exchanges.

Apparently you neither got that I said the UK is a net payer nor bothered to read or understand the rest of the post.

Maybe there is no more time for you to learn after all...

Then you didn't understand it one bit.

There's time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.