(Original post by Blondie987)
    I'm vegan
    I play cello and saxophone
    I'm from Glasgow
    I want a new face lol
    I have no idea what I want to do with my life
    my dad plays the sax too

(Original post by LaMandarine)
    Here are some not so fun facts about myself.

1. My great-great grandfather fought in WW1 with the Allies and his body was never retrieved. At least he didn't live to see his son fight for the Nazis. I essentially have a conflicted family history.
    2. When my parents went swoosh in the UK and abandoned me without knowing if I would survive encephalitis, my grandparents took me in and my grandfather essentially wanted me to enrol in the military when I grew older. He kidnapped me when I was 7 in the woods and we lived fo about two weeks out of what we found. Both of them rationed my food for a while (good old Commie memories) as they wanted me to be accustomed with very little.
    3. As an outcome of my grandfather's upbringing, I used to run towards boys in primary school with a massive dictionary and ask them why didn't they want to play with me. I hated being called a tomboy but I was one in all but name. (I even liked wrestling older boys :ashamed2:)
    5. When my aunt eventually adopted me for almost two years, she converted me to opera and ballet. I had the opportunity to become a pretty good performer in either, but my parents decided to return from abroad and force me to stick to school and become top of the class at math.
    4. That happened for a year, when my parents were pretty sure I was to become a prodigy in algebra (100% in every assessment that year), then I discovered anatomy. For the following 7 years I was determined to become a doctor, won science olympiads in anatomy, discussed with actual doctors in hospitals (out of work hours) about medical conditions, essentially identified my grandmother's non-hodgkin lymphoma in an early enough stage to still have her thank me for taking her (almost by force) to the hospital that day, started tutoring seminars prior to biology exams where I would help some of my colleagues pass. Some apparently ended up loving biology so much from then on, that they're now keeping my seat warm in medical school.
    5. My parents insisted that I took mathematics and programming as a profile in high school, despite me wanting to take either natural sciences (because biology and chem used to be my life) or humanities, as I loved Latin and History. I essentially have a baccalaureate diploma in Mathematics- Advanced Calculus and Algebra, Anatomy, and Literature with which I can wipe my arse, as I'm now doing History and IR
    6. I picked up a brown bear cub in front of a mama bear (she was about 100m away) and lived to tell the story. Take that, Glass.
    wow thats alot! my dad is a war veteran, from the gulf war and the first conflict with someone, cant remember who.
    2. seems a little far fetched?
    4 is well cool! well done u!
    im surprised u did what ur parents wanted when they abandoned you!
    yay cubs!!

(Original post by Deyesy)
    - I can wiggle my ears
    - I'm part German
    - I've sat in the audience of Question Time

I can't think of anymore
    i literally cant wiggle my ears iv tried so hard!
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i literally cant wiggle my ears iv tried so hard!
    It's always a good icebreaker with people :lol: People are fascinated by it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    It's always a good icebreaker with people :lol: People are fascinated by it
    kinda jel! i used to try to force them to wiggle but i just looked constipated instead. thats always fun :/

ReputationRep:
    my dad plays the sax too
    wow thats alot! my dad is a war veteran, from the gulf war and the first conflict with someone, cant remember who.
    2. seems a little far fetched?
    4 is well cool! well done u!
    im surprised u did what ur parents wanted when they abandoned you!
    yay cubs!!
    I guess I should have added 7, I'm the incarnation of the phrase TL;DR :rofl:
    2's the truth. I overheard my mother saying she was not going to lose the opportunity to go abroad if I was lost anyway (doctors gave me two weeks). On the second week I got out of bed and lived, so I guess that's a happy ending.

ReputationRep:
    a what?
    http://www.jamesedition.com/cars/koe...r-sale-1061737

- I am a polyglot
    - I don't like chocolate ice cream
    - the last time someone tried to steal my phone I ran after the guy
    - my favourite coat is yellow
    - I sneaked into a Fashion Week show this year, without being invited
    - I am in love with rainbows
    - strawberries hurt ( Blondie987 )
    - I am about to marry greatguy551

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    I guess I should have added 7, I'm the incarnation of the phrase TL;DR :rofl:
    2's the truth. I overheard my mother saying she was not going to lose the opportunity to go abroad if I was lost anyway (doctors gave me two weeks). On the second week I got out of bed and lived, so I guess that's a happy ending.
    well thats certainly a life tale to start a convo!

wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    - I am a polyglot
    - I don't like chocolate ice cream
    - the last time someone tried to steal my phone I ran after the guy
    - my favourite coat is yellow
    - I sneaked into a Fashion Week show this year, without being invited
    - I am in love with rainbows
    - strawberries hurt ( Blondie987 )
    - I am about to marry greatguy551
    oo get u smarty pants!
    i do, i like mint choc chip too!
    how often does it happen exactly!?!
    my fav coat is maroon
    oooo naughty!! you seemed so innocent in ur picture!
    i love rainbows too!

1. I've been to 18 different countries... Not enough and I've visited some twice

2. I'm a diagnosed insomniac and I hate it but I don't have bags under my eyes so no one knows

3. I'm one of those rare people who actually loves to spend time with their parents

4. Said this fact before but I've never revised for my GCSEs and ALevels so I'm struggling now

5. I'm a weirdo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    I'm a very emotional person.
    I can speak several languages
    I want a pet tiger.
    I am always imagining what my "alternate life" would be like.
    I have planned my future out to the extent that I will be lost if events don't follow as planned.
    That sentence describes me. :badger:

oo get u smarty pants!
    i do, i like mint choc chip too!
    how often does it happen exactly!?!
    my fav coat is maroon
    oooo naughty!! you seemed so innocent in ur picture!
    i love rainbows too!
    It happened "only" 3 times haha (the metro is pretty unsafe sometimes :facepalm: )

And for the fashion show it took me 4h to convince the security guy to let me in with my 3 friends lol , it was worth it :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Im left handed
    Im born on a leap year
    I have what looks like a permanent black eye that gets worse when im tired hahaha
    I have no will power over sugar and it pisses me off

(Original post by ZuluK)
    1. I've been to 18 different countries... Not enough and I've visited some twice

2. I'm a diagnosed insomniac and I hate it but I don't have bags under my eyes so no one knows

3. I'm one of those rare people who actually loves to spend time with their parents

4. Said this fact before but I've never revised for my GCSEs and ALevels so I'm struggling now

5. I'm a weirdo
    :eek: which ones :excited: :excited:

5. Welcome on board ma chérie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)

5. I'm a weirdo
    thats loads! iv not even been outside the UK! i will come august though wooo! #firstholiday
    i have suitcases under mine and i just about get 5-6 hours!
    i love spending time with my dad, he lives away and i rarely see him. went 4yrs without seeing him once
    iv never revised prior to uni neither if that helps
    i am too woo!!

ReputationRep:
    It happened "only" 3 times haha (the metro is pretty unsafe sometimes :facepalm: )

And for the fashion show it took me 4h to convince the security guy to let me in with my 3 friends lol , it was worth it :ahee:
    3 is alot lmao!
    il bear that in mind when i come to paris!
    and LOL

(Original post by Ekno)
    Im left handed
    Im born on a leap year
    I have what looks like a permanent black eye that gets worse when im tired hahaha
    I have no will power over sugar and it pisses me off
    im left handed too woo!!
    so your technically half ur age?
    ouch! why?!
    i do with some stuff lol

3 is alot lmao!
    il bear that in mind when i come to paris!
    and LOL
    Yep careful with your phone in the metro !! Especially because you are a tourist !

ReputationRep:
    Yep careful with your phone in the metro !! Especially because you are a tourist !

how would they know? but il keep it like stuffed down my pants or something hahaah!!!

ReputationRep:
    1. I'm an Oreo addict
    2. Im 17 today
    3. My favourite scents are coconut, vanilla and strawberry
    4. I'm in love with James Mcvey
    5. I played the violin for 3 years
    6. I'm hoping to be a teacher one day

how would they know? but il keep it like stuffed down my pants or something hahaah!!!
    Tust me when you are not Parisian we clearly know :lol: besides you just have to talk to prove it to them :lol:
    Perfect :five:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.