Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is transsexuality a mental disorder? watch

• View Poll Results: Is transsexuality a mental disorder?
    Yes
    56.61%
    No
    43.39%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monk1324)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexual

I don't care what the latest trend in the PC and SJW community is. Some of the very few people who change their sex might prefer transexual. That doesn't change the meaning of the word.
    I don't care about you needing to wikipedia transsexual lol
    I also don't see your point.
    And yes I've acknowledged that transgenders might want to become transsexual.

So now that you're confused with the subject of your own thread, let me also repeat that

transgender is a word. Words have sounds and definitions, whether you like or understand it or not. K? And the definition of transgender is this:

-someone who thinks they are another sex, whether they change sexes or not
    Sex definition:
    Physical genitalia

Transsexual definition:
    Someone who changes their physical genitalia

Now do you get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I don't care about you needing to wikipedia transsexual lol
    I also don't see your point.
    And yes I've acknowledged that transgenders might want to become transsexual.

So now that you're confused with the subject of your own thread, let me also repeat that

transgender is a word. Words have sounds and definitions, whether you like or understand it or not. K? And the definition of transgender is this:

-someone who thinks they are another sex, whether they change sexes or not
    Sex definition:
    Physical genitalia

Transsexual definition:
    Someone who changes their physical genitalia

Now do you get it?
    I didn't need to look it up. I thought you did.
    I enjoy reading how you choose to decide what words mean.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it a form of narcissistic personality disorder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDetective01)
    Isn't it a form of narcissistic personality disorder?
    Omg no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monk1324)
    I didn't need to look it up. I thought you did.
    I enjoy reading how you choose to decide what words mean.
    And I vote this post for useless anti-climax of the year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlteredBoy)
    and yet here I am, still doing a better job at it than you
    Amusing, you wouldn't know me to comment as such and think you can define personality by sex.

You also thought I was purposefully insulting you which I wasn't just stating fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Amusing, you wouldn't know me to comment as such and think you can define personality by sex.

You also thought I was purposefully insulting you which I wasn't just stating fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1. I never tried to define personality by sex.
    2. You said trans people were delusional. Im trans. Thats an insult.
    3. Its not a fact.

ReputationRep:
    Omg no
    But they are allowing themselves to be mutilated to feed off their selfish delusions. How can they possibly be off a sound mind to do such a thing?

ReputationRep:
    But they are allowing themselves to be mutilated to feed off their selfish delusions. How can they possibly be off a sound mind to do such a thing?
    Its not selfish we arent delusional we're just trying to get by and live our lives why cant people accept that

ReputationRep:
    Its not selfish we arent delusional we're just trying to get by and live our lives why cant people accept that
    Then explain to me the high suicide rate amongst you? Happy people don't just off themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Then explain to me the high suicide rate amongst you? Happy people don't just off themselves.
    Just because we have a disproportionate suicide rate it doesnt mean we are delusional. We suffer from gender dysphoria, which is not a delusion, which causes us to be unhappy for longer periods of time. Many of the suicides occur before treatment, which has been shown to have bemeficial effects on our mental health. On the other hand, negative reactions to trans people, unsupportive.families and homelessness can also be a cause for suicide

ReputationRep:
    Yes they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. I never tried to define personality by sex.
    2. You said trans people were delusional. Im trans. Thats an insult.
    3. Its not a fact.
    You said you were doing a better job of being a man than myself. As you can only define a man by his physicality of which you don't have then you MUST be defining it by personality.

Trans people are delusional and yes that is a fact your a woman pretending to be a man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just because we have a disproportionate suicide rate it doesnt mean we are delusional. We suffer from gender dysphoria, which is not a delusion, which causes us to be unhappy for longer periods of time. Many of the suicides occur before treatment, which has been shown to have bemeficial effects on our mental health. On the other hand, negative reactions to trans people, unsupportive.families and homelessness can also be a cause for suicide
    The biggest predictor for suicide is a feeling of no hope. One could hypothesise they come to a realisation they can never be the opposite sex or that post op you can never go back to not being mutilated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could say that about any mental health condition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Yes they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they don't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Yes they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok, happy people with depression (mental disorder) will probably off themselves. They should obviously look for help and guidance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    You lost because you didn't answer the question. You have no evidence of God's existence.

"Love thy neighbour" - just saying.

Oh and also, there's gay stories in the Bible - lmao.
    Why does anyone have to provide you with evidence?
    We're free to have our beliefs. Doesn't need to be understood or accepted by you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    You said you were doing a better job of being a man than myself. As you can only define a man by his physicality of which you don't have then you MUST be defining it by personality.

Trans people are delusional and yes that is a fact your a woman pretending to be a man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    TrueDetective01 be-marker">TrueDetective01ibTrueDet ective01i that last comment is a prime example of why trans people commit suicide.

Why cant it be a mix of both. I might not have the physiology but my mental state and personality is masculine enough for it

ReputationRep:
    Transsexuality is a disorder (in my opinion) but being gay, bi, lesbian etx isn't because you can't help who you're attracted to. It's not possible to force yourself to love a gender you're not attracted to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.