Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rhodes Must Fall founder - "NO white person shall rest" Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This is the most arrogant, self centred bullcrap I've read in a long time.

The waitress is doing her job, probably getting paid sod all money to attend to asshats like that FB poster all day. The LEAST anyone could do is tip them. But no, they had to wax lyrical about 'land' and 'ownership' to a waitress and restaurant owner because it makes them cool and edgy. Disgraceful really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    I refuse to beleive I should give no good white chavs that are on benefits the credit for all the technological advancements on this earth :lol:

(inventiveness thrives in thriving countries/regions, for the past few hundred years it was white countries, before then it's been the Chinese/Indians/Arabs/Persians/etc. Nothing to do with race.)

Acknowledging that the Babylonians/Persians/Chinese, or whomever you wish, made certain specific contributions to humanity seems perfectly reasonable. You needn't go out showering Iranian peasants with praise for what the Persians accomplished, nor need you do likewise with 'chavs'.

Crediting the contributions made by societies/racial groups need not entail you go any further than acknowledgement of the fact that from their culture and racial group came something specific.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    This person is clearly a deranged racist nutter, and is best ignored. Don't give them the oxygen of publicity OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Well I think it's unfortuante that Mugabe came into power. The problem is no one like to be ruled by foreigners.
    Fortune had nothing to do it, it was inevitable. Africa is still at the tribal level humanity started at many thousands of years ago. They've been killing each other since the dawn of time. What made it worse was that whites did their ''let's make a country with a ruler'' thing they used to do with their colonies then sold them modern weapons after they left. There are a few countries here and there that are somewhat stable and prosperous by non-western standards but they are the exception. It's a shame because many african countries are incredibly rich in many ways but tribal ways and corruption ruins everything. You can't do a ''Norway'' (invest the natural resources of a nation in its people ) if your country is basically an overgrown tribe from 10.000 BC.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7009786.html

This is just another example of how bigoted and racist the Rhodes Must Fall campaign is. The past is the past, deal with it and move forwards to a better future, not one that divides people further.

ReputationRep:
    "Because of colonialism"

The guy forgot that it was the white people he's so racist towards that actually freed the slaves dying in the hundreds of thousands.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I don't tip people either. But thats just because I am stingy. Would she have cried if that was the reason?

And why the hell are people giving this girl so much money?!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Somebody already made a thread about this last week.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree but you can't just dismiss historical events because 'the past is the past', it is important we do remember what happened so we see how far we've gone and gain an appreciation for the world we live in.

ReputationRep:
    White tears...

ReputationRep:
    'Pulls out racist card'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    Totally agree but you can't just dismiss historical events because 'the past is the past', it is important we do remember what happened so we see how far we've gone and gain an appreciation for the world we live in.

He didn't say we should dismiss it, we just said that it wasn't necessary bringing it up over a simple thing like tipping waitresses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7009786.html

This is just another example of how bigoted and racist the Rhodes Must Fall campaign is. The past is the past, deal with it and move forwards to a better future, not one that divides people further.
    Is the reasoning made up?
    Or
    Did he say I refuse because so and so?

ReputationRep:
    Oxford needs to start being a wee bit more careful when selecting their Rhodes scholars lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mojo Banjo)
    To be honest I don't tip people either. But thats just because I am stingy. Would she have cried if that was the reason?

And why the hell are people giving this girl so much money?!
    Maybe it's like the American system where waiters only get paid about £2 an hour or something so they get most of their wage from tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Maybe it's like the American system where waiters only get paid about £2 an hour or something so they get most of their wage from tips?
    Are you suggesting that his behaviour would have been fine if he had done it in a country where tips make up a smaller proportion of the pay of the waiter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Are you suggesting that his behaviour would have been fine if he had done it in a country where tips make up a smaller proportion of the pay of the waiter?
    I'm not suggesting anything, just trying to come up with an explanation why the tips are so large :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not suggesting anything, just trying to come up with an explanation why the tips are so large :facepalm:
    The waitress, as the article says, did not get a tip (through the racism of the nasty man under discussion - who says blacks cannot be racist?) but was sent gifts amounting to £4,000 by well-wishers who heard about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    The waitress, as the article says, did not get a tip (through the racism of the nasty man under discussion - who says blacks cannot be racist?) but was sent gifts amounting to £4,000 by well-wishers who heard about it.
    Oh my bad, I didn't read the article properly, I thought that was what she usually got in tips hence my comment about tips and the American system

Why did they single her out? Was she the owner of all the land? A bit stupid if you ask me, what is one white waitress supposed to do? Instead of denying one waitress her potential wage there was at least 1000 things they could have done instead.

Why was she crying though? I don't get it. Surely being a waitress she must have come across nasty customers before?

ReputationRep:
    Why did they single her out?
    Because they are vindictive racists with an extreme political agenda rather like that of Robert Mugabwe.

It took place in Cape Town, South Africa.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.