Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    She's not saying 'it's invalid', she's saying a sample size of ~11 and ~25 out of a graduating class that's at least 10-20x of the latter is hardly representative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unrepresentative, hence invalid.

(Original post by PQ)
    No - I'm emphasising the the population with salary data is a subset of the overall graduating class. Unemployed or further study graduates aren't even ASKED for their salary/income information.

If only 2/3 of a degree graduates are employed then it doesn't matter how much those graduates are paid - it doesn't indicate that the course is desirable to employers.
    Again you're citing the 'invalid' study. And anyway, are you really suggesting that computing is not a desirable course? Technology is probably one of the fastest growing industries in the world and you think a computing (engineering) degree from the UK's second best uni in the field is not desirable to employers.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Jabberjay_)
    Unrepresentative, hence invalid.

Again you're citing the 'invalid' study. And anyway, are you really suggesting that computing is not a desirable course? Technology is probably one of the fastest growing industries in the world and you think a computing (engineering) degree from the UK's second best uni in the field is not desirable to employers.
    Good luck at Imperial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinny1900)
    CS isn't that useful, it is too general.
    You're an idiot.

(Original post by iRighteous)
    I really want to do CS but so far every University I have seen is asking for a B in maths, and I only a hold a C. I've always wanted to do CS as well. At the moment am in college (first year) doing BTEC ICT LVL2 in Software develop doing level 3 next year. If i can't do CS due to my C then there is no point of me doing level 3 i suppose...Can anyone like clear things out a little is there a possibility or something

- Thanks
    Swansea will accept you onto the foundation course where they teach you the specific maths you need, then you go straight onto the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Computer Science actually has one of the highest unemployment rates out of STEM courses at university.
    Which universities is this for? The university I'm going to is an average university but it has 96-100% employment rate after 6 months for the past 5 years in computer science?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.