Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Favourite anime? You mean I have to pick just one?

I'd probably say watching Digimon as a kid is mostly what got me into anime.

When I actually started watching anime (not just what was traditionally shown on TV) I started with A Certain Magical Index. Loved it. In my top 10.

I really enjoyed The Devil is a Part-Timer. Simple series but fun.

Guilty Crown was pretty good. That's another one I felt was done well (despite arguments over the second half).

Durarara was brilliant for me as well. As was Toradora. And Akame ga Kill. And Chunibyo.

At the moment I'm watching Kiznaiver and loving that too.

Oh pick one? My bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I turn into such a fangirl when reading this. It's one of the few shoujo manga I consider amazing, plus the characters aren't annoying and there's no pointless events.
    I know right!!!Its beautiful - not it is art! No annoying characters indeed! I wish they would update earlier! ( continues fangirling whilst speaking gibberish)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMadHatteress)
    Gahh I think I've watched like all shoujo animes out there hahaa have watched Kimi ni Todoke and Say you Love Me- and they seem to have extremely similar storylines- shy girl gets pursued by popular boy- and its the sort of cliche storyline that I'm not particularly a big fan of haha thanks though <3
    Liked tonari koibatsu kun and ao haru ride bc theyre different

Any josei animes? Although theres only like a handful of animes that qualify as josei so I think I've probably watched them too haha
    You're right! Sorry though, I don't watch any josei ones!

ReputationRep:
    Dragon ball scum over here
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SSJBlue)
    Dragon Ball is better than DBZ by far. it is a good storyline where the characters are a part of it, in contrast to DBZ.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here live in liverpool or stay there for university or anything?
    I'm trying to make friends who have similar interests as me and anime is a big one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The original Dragon Ball TV series (the one before Z) is still nice, in conttrast to the other ones. What is about Dragon Ball Super? have heard the storyline came back to the roots, is that so?

ReputationRep:
    Sword art online.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    The original Dragon Ball TV series (the one before Z) is still nice, in conttrast to the other ones. What is about Dragon Ball Super? have heard the storyline came back to the roots, is that so?
    DB Super is much lighthearted in tone compared to Z, the most recent episode had Piccolo and Goku babysitting Goku's grandaughter. Despite some bad animation at times it has been able to successfully pull off scenes like:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When Frieza kills Piccolo
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    DB Super is much lighthearted in tone compared to Z, the most recent episode had Piccolo and Goku babysitting Goku's grandaughter. Despite some bad animation at times it has been able to successfully pull off scenes like:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When Frieza kills Piccolo
    Lighthearted, yeah in a way you are right. But compare Z with original Dragon Ball, the latter named one had a better storyline. Z has a lot of illogicalness, it even contradicts itself in part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kida)
    Does anyone here live in liverpool or stay there for university or anything?
    I'm trying to make friends who have similar interests as me and anime is a big one.
    Yep , only just moved there for uni .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.