AQA A-Level French 2016

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    Yeah sorry, and were just making them up. How you feeling for the exam on tuesday? What books are you studying?
    Ah nice! Fairly ok, I think my speaking went decent so I've got a bit of leeway hopefully. I'm doing La Haîne and L'Étranger but absolutely hate L'Étranger so am just gambling completely on a nice essay for La Haîne lol. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fudge2)
    Ah nice! Fairly ok, I think my speaking went decent so I've got a bit of leeway hopefully. I'm doing La Haîne and L'Étranger but absolutely hate L'Étranger so am just gambling completely on a nice essay for La Haîne lol. You?
    Should be ok, i'm doing Sac de Billes only. Can't seem them asking anything foreign or we don't have a clue about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fudge2)
    I'm doing La Haine too. How are you preparing for it? (Either the essay or the exam on the whole?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    I'm doing La Haine too. How are you preparing for it? (Either the essay or the exam on the whole?)
    For the exam I just watch French YouTube videos lol. Essay idk really I'm just gonna find a way to apply the key scenes to whatever essay comes up haha

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what raw marks on average are needed for an A*, I know its 90% UMS but raw marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megh01)
    Anyone know what raw marks on average are needed for an A*, I know its 90% UMS but raw marks?
    100/110 on Unit 3
    46/50 on Unit 4

ReputationRep:
    100/110 on Unit 3
    46/50 on Unit 4
    fml

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone have a la haine essay plan or good notes on any question or anything that they don't mind sending that could help me out? Please 🙂

ReputationRep:
    fml
    ikr

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone revising for translation because that's the section that will totally destroy my marks... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    How is everyone revising for translation because that's the section that will totally destroy my marks... :/
    just vocab and grammar really, have some notes on the topics from my oral and doing past papers. Is there a pattern with the translations as in with the topics like is one topic due to come up this year or is it completely random, anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing a mixture of textbook exercises (Elan 2) and all the past exam papers. Also checking back through all the grammar notes from last year as we did hardly any grammar this year.

I'd also recommend the attached document with 100 English-French translation exercises - this has really helped me.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Y13AQAsentences.docx (22.8 KB, 143 views)

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any predictions for the translation? Any guesses as to topics?
    Sorry if this has already been asked- getting this and the spanish thread mixed up ahaha :/

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any predictions for the translation? Any guesses as to topics?
    Sorry if this has already been asked- getting this and the spanish thread mixed up ahaha :/
    Had a look at this earlier on today... For the English-French, almost definitely not gonna be Contemporary Issues (thank god) as that's been asked the last 3 papers in all 3 subtopics.

It's kind of pot luck whether it will be environment or multicultural - it seems environment has spent the longest unasked so that's the most likely!

French-English will pretty much definitely be a Contemporary Issues looking back over the past few years..

ReputationRep:
    Analysez la façon dont l'individualisme est presenté dans le(s) livre(s) ou dans au moins trois contes que vous avez étudié

ReputationRep:
    Analysez la façon dont l'individualisme est presenté dans le(s) livre(s) ou dans au moins trois contes que vous avez étudié
    could that come up? if so I'm screwed

ReputationRep:
    for an essay (for book) on themes, if it doesn't specify how many themes to discuss would 2 be sufficient? Or would three be better?

ReputationRep:
    for an essay (for book) on themes, if it doesn't specify how many themes to discuss would 2 be sufficient? Or would three be better?
    Anything more than 1 will suffice. It depends on your level of treatment, and you content within those two themes. Obviously, if your truely only has 2 themes, then it won't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the literature questions?

ReputationRep:
    god, what is l'individualisme?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.