Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparkleOwl)
    Hi everyone,

I've not found an official OCR thread for this years F851 and F852 exams; if there is one please let me know.

I'm retaking this years AS exams as last year I did awfully and annoyingly I can't remember any of the questions.

The exam structure for F851 goes:
    Mandatory -
    .Political Parties
    .Pressure Groups
    Choose one -
    .Electoral Systems and Referendums
    .UK Parliamentary Elections
    .Voting Behaviour in the UK

The exam structure for F852 goes:
    Mandatory -
    .The Executive
    .The Legislature
    Choose one -
    .The Constitution
    .The Judiciary
    .The EU

I've personally decided on learning the compulsory sections (obviously), as well as:
    parliamentary elections, voting behaviour, the constitution and the judiciary.
    I really don't like the other two and I'm willing to take a 50/50 on both exams.

Does anyone have any predictions for what may come up this year or any advice on how to answer questions in this exam? I don't feel very prepared for it.
    How did you find the two papers. Personally I found government very easy and politics like a bit awkward!

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the 2 papers? Personally government was easier than politics.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys can someone please let me know the questions that came up last year for politics as they are still not released?

ReputationRep:
    F851, from what I remember:
    - asses the advantages and disadvantages of FPTP (30)
    - Pressure groups good or bad for democracy (30)

- role of cabinet (12 marker)
    - explain labours changes to the constitution in 2005 (30 marker)

Sorry I can't remember the parties questions for F851, or the Parliament/Executive 30 markers from 852! Did you do the exam today?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.