The Student Room Group

Girls , when did you start wearing make up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I started wearing mascara and foundation in year 7.
Never worn it, except for school performances.
Year 9
Sparkly eyeshadow and glitter when i was 7/8 .

Proper makeup (mascara, concealer etc) at 13/14 as I started getting spots but now my skin has cleared I don't really bother except for special occasions.
Started to wear makeup at 12 but it was very minimal makeup just mascara, blush, lipstick/lipgloss, eyeliner. At 15 I started to wear a full face of makeup meaning: primer. foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and all that. However now I don't wear makeup everyday only when I really feel like it lol because I feel comfortable in my skin and just want to let my skin breath and I am aiming to get perfect skin so I am just not bothered with makeup now, although don't get me wrong I love makeup.
it started in 15 =)
When I was 15, which was when I was in year 10, when we were first allowed to wear it to school.
14, so Year 9 when I started at a new school. Mainly just lipgloss, and a bit of concealer to begin with.

Then 16 - moved to another school. Added mascara, BB cream, foundation, primer etc. Never really use eyeliner though as it seems to make my eyes smaller. Probably using it wrong haha.
year 10 so around 14 id say i started but that was just powder on my whole face (before i even knew how to wear make up) and sometimes mascara. Now at nearly 17 i wear full make up most days, however i don't conceal/brighten under my eyes, i dont colour correct etc :smile:
Hey! I'm 16 and pretty much every girl my age wears makeup. But a quick piece of advice to mention is that if everyone is, it doesn't mean you have to. I don't wear makeup, and I'm perfectly fine with it, and so are my friends. Of course everyone looks beautiful with makeup, but those are even more stunning without it. If you're worried about your looks, then makeup is totally fine, its nothing to be scared or ashamed of, just make sure you don't lose your cosmetics! haha

Have fun, is the main part of it and experiment with different looks. I barely know a thing about it, but one day, i'll try too.
Reply 71
I wore eyeliner a couple of times when I was 15 but started proper "full face" at 16. It's funny how different I look now. 😅
Had to wear it for dance shows from about 6, but properly... Moisturiser, mascara and occasional concealer for those hormonal breakouts from when I was about 12, and then foundation from about 15/16. Now Yr 13 and wear moisturiser, primer (for oily skin), foundation, concealer, powder, little bit of bronzer, and mascara. Eyeliner and lipstick are for days when I'm feeling down or for special occasions - I generally look very natural but with smoother skin.

Funny how in the space of two years I've gone from wearing nothing to refusing to leave the house without it!
14 and I blame YouTube.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably when I was 12 I wore mascara and lipgloss but I started wearing foundation when I was 15 and now me being 17 I wear foundation, and little brow pencil and nude lipstick (one stroke on the bottom lip so it's not thick)
I don't like wearing make up so j only wear it on some Saturdays and some Sundays.

It's easier with no makeup so I usually forget 😂
I've given up on eyeliner beside it have big eyes so I'm good
erm 12, but it was just eyeliner and mascara.
It was a funny story how I started to wear makeup. My Mum initially freaked out when I started to wear makeup that young, but I kept on using her own makeup and she didn't like that so she just bought me my own mascara and eyeliner.
I generally started experimenting with makeup at a young age, I've always worn makeup when taking selfies or going to a wedding or mainly whenever I feel like it. Usually, I don't wear makeup daily because who do I have to impress? No one. I'd best say this year so when 14-15 yrs old because I enjoy doing my eyebrows because they can be a bit uneven. Eyebrows can really change a face people. People have told me I've gone from being cute to pretty like what.
Maybe 13, but only a very small amount like mascara and that was it. Then I got lazy around 16 during my GCSEs and couldn't be bothered anymore. Started again a little at university, but I find it's just a waste of time unless I'm going somewhere special.
Never, don't intend to lol

Quick Reply

Latest