Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You lucky son-of-a-gun. Which Van Gogh do you have? I wish I have a homo sapiens but my grant can only afford a couple Pelicans and my Puente de resistances the Caran D'Ache given to me Sir Prof, Patrick Derham. The Head-Master of Westminster School.
    It's a gorgeous pen to write with. I have the 'Starry night' model. Homo sapiens is nice but perhaps a bit too big, the concept is cool though!

(Original post by Redmonds)
    It's a gorgeous pen to write with. I have the 'Starry night' model. Homo sapiens is nice but perhaps a bit too big, the concept is cool though!
    niccccccccceeeeeeeeeee, steel nib right? How wet is it?

(Original post by rayestar)
    for some reason, u remind me of a girl in my skl haha
    do u do AQA too?
    Indeed, i am not a girl at your school. Goodluck on your studies and make great art.

(Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    Woooop, I'm always up for friends. I remember what friends are. I think I read something about friends once. What's a friend?

They're beautiful, I've never seen a lever fill pen like that in the plastic but they're pretty. Is the lever not prone to being unintentionally adjusted, in transit perhaps? I think the gritty nib is when people push down hard and get bits of paper in the nib, I found something similar happens with poorly adjusted/damaged nibs because they're sharp.
    Argh, I hate when you get paper stuck in the nib and it starts writing like a brush pen. Oh, friends are people that own fountain pens and you don't want them to die instantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawg_Money_2)
    They are bloody brilliant but very spurned nowadays however gradually becoming more savant to the students. What are your favourite fountain pens or why do you not use fountain pens you absolute basket case go crack your head on a brick.
    I use a ultra-solid Lamy Safari; decided my fate so many times. Used it to write my IGCSEs and my overseas interview from Imperial, and I'm most certainly using it for the IB exams.

ReputationRep:
    niccccccccceeeeeeeeeee, steel nib right? How wet is it?
    It is quite a wet nib indeed, ink comes out thick and fast. And yeah, steel nib, which was a bit disappointing given the price

ReputationRep:
    My pen's got no name, nothing. It was a custom piece made by my DT Teacher. He'd make pens in the DT lab and sell them relatively cheaply when you consider they were hand made from real wood. I still have mine, and I've had it for nearly 5 years. It's been through 2 Nibs, and the main body is starting to break, but it's still a wonderful piece to have

ReputationRep:
    Never used one in school as they're utterly useless for us left handed people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I'm left handed and i've been using a fountain pen since year 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rym4n)
    I'm left handed and i've been using a fountain pen since year 10
    isnt it difficult to write in fountain pen left handed? i was thinking it mite smudge the writing...

ReputationRep:
    Waterman fountain pen. Tool of the patrician.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    isnt it difficult to write in fountain pen left handed? i was thinking it mite smudge the writing...
    I hold my pen so that the nib is on the line above and my hand is below the line so it doesn't touch the ink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rym4n)
    I hold my pen so that the nib is on the line above and my hand is below the line so it doesn't touch the ink
    ohhh tgats smart! i think I mite tell my friends that cos she is left handed

How was everyone's day? Weather was sublime.

(Original post by JamesN88)
    Trust me, they are sublime
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dawg_Money_2)
    They are bloody brilliant but very spurned nowadays however gradually becoming more savant to the students. What are your favourite fountain pens or why do you not use fountain pens you absolute basket case go crack your head on a brick.
    i hate using fountain pens because they keep getting clogged with paper and leaking on me. also they dont create uniform thickness on different aspects of letters (and they are a pain to do curved writing).

(Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    Waterman fountain pen. Tool of the patrician.
    American pen right?

(Original post by quasa)
    i hate using fountain pens because they keep getting clogged with paper and leaking on me. also they dont create uniform thickness on different aspects of letters (and they are a pain to do curved writing).
    Try using a jinhao if you're sceptical. WHSmith fountain pens often have this problem. What pens do you use?

ReputationRep:
    How was everyone's day? Weather was sublime.
    It was truly awesome
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Try using a jinhao if you're sceptical. WHSmith fountain pens often have this problem. What pens do you use?
    currently, any random biro. fountain pen wise...parkers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.