Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sad, tired, bored + sad. Let's talk about candyfloss? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    the nothing really mattress got me :rofl:

hope you feel better soon :hugs:

(Original post by Anon_98)
    I remember that book.- School banned us from reading it.
    Why? It's a pretty harmless book as far as I know.

She just lives with her dad that owns a greasy cafe or something
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Don't do anything to fit in with society if it doesn't conform to your own beliefs. (:

Your heart is calling. (*ring ring*)

Pick up.
    *Sings this out of tune to heart over the telephone*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Why? It's a pretty harmless book as far as I know.

She just lives with her dad that owns a greasy cafe or something
    Yeah, they banned us from the entirety of the Jacqueline Wilson section in our library which didn't make much sense bc it meant the books just sat there untouched by all and unloved for eternity.

According to the head of English, they weren't good enough even just for a light read which in actuality, is perfectly truee bc I guess they don't actually enhance anything/you don't gain much but in year 7 it felt like the worst thing ever bc all the other children were reading them and I wanted to talk about 'Double Act' + all the rest too. )':
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah, they banned us from the entirety of the Jacqueline Wilson section in our library which didn't make much sense bc it meant the books just sat there untouched by all and unloved for eternity.

According to the head of English, they weren't good enough even just for a light read which in actuality, is perfectly truee bc I guess they don't actually enhance anything/you don't gain much but in year 7 it felt like the worst thing ever bc all the other children were reading them and I wanted to talk about 'Double Act' + all the rest too. )':
    Our Librarian said it's always good to read basic stuff from time to time. I don't believe that there's nothing to gain from them!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know what you mean. Perhaps a carnelian red but I don't think that'd cut it either. Maybe cherry red but that just reminds me of cherry blossom trees which are obviously pink and therefore it ruins the image that it's my mind. Then I immediately start thinking of that children's show- 'Timothy goes to school' bc there were so many cherry blossom treees in that cartoon!!! which wrecks things further. )': I hate green too. - It's only bc of recent exam events though that's caused it. Carsickness is awful, I can relate. I think the worst thing is when you decide that you can no longer subdue your hunger on a 5-hour road trip but immediately regret it once the food has been partially consumed.

I suppose you could always attempt to make them. How hard can it be? Probably something like:

Bananas + Fairy liquid + sugar + yellow food coloring, thoroughly mix then place into the freezer until just set. Once 3hrs have passed, cut into bitesize chunks and enjoy !

Gosh, yessss. Maybe you should spare the grapes and peel blueberries instead tho. It'd be more difficult but they'd probably be able to resist the pain and also remain pristine. ('':
    We'll just have to invent a new shade. I still like blossom trees, though, even if pink - there's one right outside my window. Only I think it's giving me horrendous hay fever :-( Timothy Goes to School! Definitely. I always find myself watching that on very late Saturday nights because there's nothing else to watch. I love the bulldog brothers and Doris. Didn't notice the scenery, though, I must admit. I think just the smell of a car, all musty, induces carsickness for me, if that's scientifically possible. But I swear I feel ill as soon as I eat anything no matter where I am :-/

Well, the fairy liquid might add that extra edge to it, but maybe you should reevaluate and discover an ingredient that won't lead to thousands of letters of complaints?

I don't believe I've ever had a blueberry! Well, I might've, once, but I don't know if I liked it or not. I'm very picky, and with fruit. Maybe I should try them to expand my 'food palette'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Our Librarian said it's always good to read basic stuff from time to time. I don't believe that there's nothing to gain from them!
    Your librarian sounds nice.- I've never met one that provides more than a monosyllabic response or gives advice/suggestions in my entire life.

But yes, agreed.- I like the smell of carpet shops too. Formaldehyde is love. Formaldehyde is life.

Palmolive milk + honey shower gel wins though. I wish there was a candle for it.

ReputationRep:
    Your librarian sounds nice.- I've never met one that provides more than a monosyllabic response or gives advice/suggestions in my entire life.

But yes, agreed.- I like the smell of carpet shops too. Formaldehyde is love. Formaldehyde is life.

Palmolive milk + honey shower gel wins though. I wish there was a candle for it.
    Yes , hows revision going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladays)
    We'll just have to invent a new shade. I still like blossom trees, though, even if pink - there's one right outside my window. Only I think it's giving me horrendous hay fever :-( Timothy Goes to School! Definitely. I always find myself watching that on very late Saturday nights because there's nothing else to watch. I love the bulldog brothers and Doris. Didn't notice the scenery, though, I must admit. I think just the smell of a car, all musty, induces carsickness for me, if that's scientifically possible. But I swear I feel ill as soon as I eat anything no matter where I am :-/

Well, the fairy liquid might add that extra edge to it, but maybe you should reevaluate and discover an ingredient that won't lead to thousands of letters of complaints?

I don't believe I've ever had a blueberry! Well, I might've, once, but I don't know if I liked it or not. I'm very picky, and with fruit. Maybe I should try them to expand my 'food palette'.
    Yes. I'd propose for it to be called Fralupe or Cartoline. Oh, I was going to say that it must be quite nice and pretty to have there but it's not great if it's causing hayfever. I don't think I've ever had hayfever. - Hope you feel better soon! Wait, it still exists? I had no idea. Last time I watched it was when I was, like, 5 years of age. No, gosh not Doris though, she was so incredibly irritating. As was Fern. I think this was primarily down to the voices played though. My favourite was Fritz. (': Musty cars are awful. Musty classrooms are worse. Particularly if the teacher is v grouchy and decides that they're feeling too cold to open a window despite wearing two jumpers, a hoodie and a gilet. >.>

Well, what about marshmallow fluff? It's disgusting but it'd probably work. For the record, thousands of letters of complaints would be an amusing read, so much so that it'd perhaps be worth the risk.

I don't like blueberries alone but they're lush in ice cream. In a blender. As a smoothie of sorts. Maybe you should..especially bc they're supposed to be good brain revision food and with all these exams coming up they might be just what you need for that extra study boost. (Doubt it'd be that great but may be worth a try)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Yes , hows revision going
    So if you imagine a reaction between Copper Iodide and , like, idk Sulfuric acid.

And the student decides to complete the experiment in a testube and upon the addition of the acid, there's effervescence.

Vigorous effervescence.

It's all pouring out of the minuscule testube and the student feels helpless.

The student tries to transfer it over into a boiling tube in order to salvage what's left but at this point most of the solution is all over the lab floor as well as the desk.

The student asks the Chemistry teacher in desperation whether they can repeat the experiment.

But the chemistry teacher refuses on the basis that they have no time left and not enough chemicals for stupid errors.

The student finally manages to grab a boiling tube, transfers the material over and cleans everything up.

But the observations recorded are mostly likely incorrect due to all the mishaps.

It's going well, thanks.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Why did revision on Banduras social learning theory result in me reading this

ReputationRep:
    So if you imagine a reaction between Copper Iodide and , like, idk Sulfuric acid.

And the student decides to complete the experiment in a testube and upon the addition of the acid, there's effervescence.

Vigorous effervescence.

It's all pouring out of the minuscule testube and the student feels helpless.

The student tries to transfer it over into a boiling tube in order to salvage what's left but at this point most of the solution is all over the lab floor as well as the desk.

The student asks the Chemistry teacher in desperation whether they can repeat the experiment.

But the chemistry teacher refuses on the basis that they have no time left and not enough chemicals for stupid errors.

The student finally manages to grab a boiling tube, transfers the material over and cleans everything up.

But the observations recorded are mostly likely incorrect due to all the mishaps.

It's going well, thanks.

What about you?
    Yeahh its going alright
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Formaldehyde is love. Formaldehyde is life.
    That's... an interesting philosophy. The formaldehyde spirit collections at the Natural History Museum are rather underwhelming in terms of the smell.

ReputationRep:
    Anon is kawaii desu

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for that. (':

I am not entirely sure. Since you are a chicken, there is only one way to find out.

...CROSS THE ROAD.
    But then I just get to the other side, and not to a festival.. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    But then I just get to the other side, and not to a festival.. :cry:
    Do not fear. <3

Anon has just taken a long look in the yellow pages:

~Cluckella.

~Featherbury.

~The secret egg + spoon race party.

Take ur pick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephlosht11)
    Why did revision on Banduras social learning theory result in me reading this
    I've absolutely no idea btw bc I have no idea what that is but it just sounds like Bandanas if you skim over it really quickly and bandanas are great. I think I had to wear one when I visited the gurdwara in, like, year 4. That was a nice visit actually. We were given some nice food which makes things nicer.

ReputationRep:
    Do not fear. <3

Anon has just taken a long look in the yellow pages:

~Cluckella.

~Featherbury.

~The secret egg + spoon race party.

Take ur pick.
    B-but they all sound awesome.. how can I pick just one? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    B-but they all sound awesome.. how can I pick just one? :cry2:
    Ooh, label three quadrats with the festival names then throw them all one after the other in a public area and the one that hits a child is the one that you pick. :'3

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.