The Student Room Group

Im a Muslim girl and really let myself down

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So a while back I was in a real bad place. I was a loner at university which was hard for me and I had so many worries about life and can truly say no one was there for me anymore.

I used to be quite devout and prayed several times a day and generally had good faith. One night when things were getting too much for me I went online and joined a chatroom. For the first time ever I put a picture of myself without hijab in hopes more people will talk to me. Surely the sleazy guys there talked to me. It was not my intention to attract guys but i thought it would get me attention in general.

Anyway time went on and i used the site to vent my problems and i came accross an extreamly friendly guy. Fast forward i begin talking to this guy everyday. Soon i realise he was smooth talking womanizer. The pit I was in at the time meant i held on to talking to him as i had no one else like me the way he did. He only valued women for their looks physically and this became clear to me. However as saddened i was about this i thought i could keep talking to him and not let that get to me. Eventually he persuaded me to do all sorts over skype! Im talking stripping yes. Im being totally honest here because he took away the basic concept of modesty I had as a Muslim and I am shocked by that. I realise I have strayed so much. When this guy no longer talked to me I was actually starting to look for a relationship in real life and felt like I no longer had boundaries. I was not able to accept why this guy no longer talked to me after a year of talking ( at nights only).i still find the experiennce traumatizing.
I feel horrible being like this and so far away from who I was. I dont have many Muslim friends and honestly dont know what to do to feel connected to Islam again amd the joy I once had of being a Muslim and proud to cover herself and not be objectified by a guy.i dont feel part of a muslim community even though my family follows islam. Please reply and dont judge.

Thanks

What do you expect on an internet forum, particularly after mentioning you are Muslim and have strayed from that. :facepalm:

Your post would have been just the same had you not mentioned that btw.
I would but you are anonymous too..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord Samosa
You have to be careful with guys online, a lot just target vulnerable girls to get their thrill. Its good that you've realized your mistake, but what's done is done. No need to dwell on it. You could look into ways to get back into Islam, maybe try some praying or something (not sure I can help you much here :lol:). But these things happen, and I understand how it feels to feel lonely, you do end up doing stupid stuff. But I hope things get better for you and you feel better about yourself. :smile:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy and muslim, if you want someone to speak to i would love to, as i'm going through a couple things on my own

You're probably better off getting advice from girls who have gone through similar scenarios, but with regards to losing part of a muslim identity i want to confide in someone i feel who can relate, as oppose to go directly to i-soc where i feel sometimes they just judge me.

If you want i can pm you somehow.

I would but you are anonymous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trolls gonna troll.

But if you're serious find out what it is Muslims do to beg for forgiveness from their god and do that.
[QUOTE="mariam687;64640743"]im confused now.[/QUOTE
Why are you confused???

Quick Reply