OCR Twenty First Century Science Physics P1-7 *Official Thread 2016*

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Can one of you two send me it please or post it here?
    here u go
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf P1 P2 P3, 20 May 2015.pdf (606.8 KB, 167 views)
  2. File Type: pdf A181-02_MS_June15.pdf (275.8 KB, 131 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LokiiR)
    here u go
    Thank you so much! Lifesaver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LokiiR)
    I compiled what other peopel said and got this :
    P1: Rocks and magnetism/Wegener’s Continental Drift(HIGHLY LIKELY)/ Predicting fate of universe/ Parallax/Relative Brightness & RedShift/Tectonic plates (maybe but lol we got geog covered for that)P2: Digital and analogue signals data analysis or photos/EM Radiation & Ozone Layer/Climate Change and Computer ModlesP3: Comparing renewable sources and what's best for an area/Carbon Cycle/Saving Energy/National Grid

check the specimen paper too
    Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it? I thought it wasn't that bad, but the first half of the paper I found much more confusing in comparison with the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmgaic)
    How did people find it? I thought it wasn't that bad, but the first half of the paper I found much more confusing in comparison with the rest.
    I thought it was better than chemistry which I didn't even think was possible! Some absolutely lovely 6 markers in there as well as some other really nice questions - no ideas about science!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was better than chemistry which I didn't even think was possible! Some absolutely lovely 6 markers in there as well as some other really nice questions - no ideas about science!!
    I found some of them to be good. I wasn't entirely sure what I was talking about in the first question about the distorted rocks but I remember putting something about compression/heating and how older rock are below younger rocks and how it takes time (also explained sedimentary rocks).

Second 6 marker was quite good, not sure entirely about my suggestion (less lamps needed so more energy saved?) but the calculation and explanation was great and the last 6 marker was great - I wrote so much.

I suppose what threw me off were the first few questions about the dotted circle and stuff and how they can't figure out from where it came, and the question on life on planets far away (large distances? the fact we observe it as it was in the past? costs? wasn't too sure what they wanted). For the scale question, I just said angles were small, distances were large

The tick boxes were great though, and the maths questions were fairly good

ReputationRep:
    What you get for the parallax angle questions?
    An alright paper but more difficult than previous past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or aren't parallax calculations P7? It says in the specification for P1 'Quantitative Only'

ReputationRep:
    These are beautiful!
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    I am in love with your handwriting
    Haha thanks people 😃😊

ReputationRep:
    Not a great paper, what was the sankey diagram answer? (when you had to order the letters)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char4ncubex)
    OH MY GODDDDD!!! You are an absolute legend! I real struggle with physics but these mind maps are so good with great content but not too much! x
    Haha thank you 😊 I'm glad you found them helpful

ReputationRep:
    Alright test! Some parts easy, some parts hard and confusing!

For the 2nd six marker question who got a power of 307.2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christina121)
    Not a great paper, what was the sankey diagram answer? (when you had to order the letters)
    Not sure if it's right, but...

CBA (no, really) I put, because the second one was most efficient (least amount lost). For the other two, it was because the total sizes were different and the larger arrows overall was the one with greater output. Threw me off a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who found that paper horrible? I'm going to fail physics 😂

ReputationRep:
    Horrible paper thought it was really wordy and had no clue on the p-waves and s- waves question with the circle 😩

ReputationRep:
    Sankey diagram?

I got ACB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisdom2)
    For the 2nd six marker question who got a power of 307.2?
    I got that 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmgaic)
    Not sure if it's right, but...

CBA (no, really) I put, because the second one was most efficient (least amount lost). For the other two, it was because the total sizes were different and the larger arrows overall was the one with greater output. Threw me off a bit.
    I put CBA although I'm not confident that it was correct

ReputationRep:
    That was awful. I don't think I'll fail but I hated that intensity 6 marker!! And all the maths questions were sh**. Everyone at my school hated it in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.M)
    I put CBA although I'm not confident that it was correct
    I'm fairly confident it's right, because B was most efficient and that was the one with the smallest 'waste arrow'. A had the highest output so it was the one with larger arrows in general, and C had the same efficiency, but a lower output? I think that was it. I was confused at the time, but hopefully it's alright.

(Original post by Ella_08)
    That was awful. I don't think I'll fail but I hated that intensity 6 marker!! And all the maths questions were sh**. Everyone at my school hated it in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The intensity six marker was awkwardly worded, not sure why I needed the height of the room and everything but I guess it's OCR tricking us as it was only the distance that they gave you that was needed I think. I thought that explaining the changing intensity wasn't too bad, just photons spreading out and stuff.

I was surprised parallax measurements made an appearance, considering that's P7. I thought it was harder than 2015's paper, but that's just me. Parts were great, others were just confusing.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.