Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    It's probably not the best political strategy to say to the government MP 'none of us but one know anything about economics, k' :rofl:
    I was just taking 'straight-talking, honest politics' a bit too literally

But yes, I think that was one of the moments where I could have thought a little harder before pressing the submit button.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)

But yes, I think that was one of the moments where I could have thought a little harder before pressing the submit button.
    Well honesty is always a fine quality to have - even if that statement wasn't actually 100% true lol

In fact I think there are a few of us who did Economics - though it's possible they're no longer members.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Well honesty is always a fine quality to have - even if that statement wasn't actually 100% true lol

In fact I think there are a few of us who did Economics - though it's possible they're no longer members.
    Would be interesting to have a directory of which party member studies/d what actually.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Would be interesting to have a directory of which party member studies/d what actually.
    Maybe that's something to ask people to introduce themselves with. Though I don't think we ought to encourage anyone to give anymore personal info than they already do. I wasn't massively keen on revealing my level of education until I needed to give detail on my absence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

By a little I assume you mean a lot given you implied all cabinets and shadow cabinets are grossly incompetent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest, there's very little actual economics a TSR chancellor or shadow chancellor needs to know either way. Tbh it's laughable to suggest that studying an economics A Level provides more qualification than anything else, especially given it seems that half the people who count themselves as economic experts in MHoC (this is more the right than the left, but in fairness, the left are also imperfect in that they simply don't bother learning anything) do so because they have an understanding of supply and demand that is barely further than they could've got off the back of a cereal packet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.