Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You seem to be assuming that at a certain age you'll stop making new friends or gaining new family members
    Sorry my bad, I meant people there from when I was born/young (i.e. siblings/parents/cousins/secondary school friends/uni friends)

If we all could live forever then happy days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Did you have think about the alternative to spend time with good friends that life can't never be got boring?
    by the time i get to that point i'll be surprised if i have any friends

ReputationRep:
    Right now tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Right now tbh
    Same :sad:

ReputationRep:
    When I finally get to be in the arms of my love once again.

ReputationRep:
    Right now tbh
    whats wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    whats wrong?
    Literally everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Because i love working towards things, makes whatever you achieve satisfying. From 5 or whatever to 18 you work towards GCSEs Alevels etc then Uni and then what?
    there is nothing else and tbh i think i'm going to die young anyway (just got a feeling about it lol) which tbh doesn't even bother me that much because what age does to people is horrible, the way they suffer (not saying all do) and the loss of dignity they endure.
    Thank you for summing-up my thoughts in a few sentences. I've never wanted to tell anyone since it could be misinterpreted as depression, but unless I manage to land a job in the service-sector with a very clear hierarchical structure (for example analyst -> associate -> VP -> MD in an investment bank), it'll be difficult to find fulfilment because there's isn't a definitive point of achievement. One can achieve an A in an exam -- which tells them that they've succeeded in a particular venture of education -- but they can't get a percentage grade which determines their career or life's success.

\deep

ReputationRep:
    Literally everything.
    it can't be that bad, did you finish your exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    it can't be that bad, did you finish your exams?
    Yes I have

ReputationRep:
    during my maths gcse

ReputationRep:
    What a miserable thread topic :')

I think death is so unpredictable and all of you saying you'd like to die young, life throws curveballs at you, and children and partners make parting from life so much harder. For me, I would like to die as happy as can be, spending my days with the love of my life and watching grandchildren, or possibly even great grandchildren playing. But its so random in who dies young and who doesn't, we all dream of an ideal similar to this. So if I can achieve the above vision, I would die content.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm about thirty.

ReputationRep:
    What a depressing thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gribby2)
    When I'm about thirty.
    why?

ReputationRep:
    Preferably before Tuesday, I've got a physics exam I want to avoid

ReputationRep:
    It's not a case of when I want to die, it's a case of what time in my life the people I know want me to die.

When I've won my dreams and come out on top, like the fairy queen I am.

ReputationRep:
    Well ideal I'd die around 80-100 but if there's a really bad A2 paper this year that I'm sitting then I'll take one for the team to give all of the other people in the exam hall their predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    why?
    Things might change, but if I'm honest I don't really see the point. For the most part, people don't contribute much to the world. They mainly seem to destroy it. Some people are lovely, but most of them are quite unpleasant. Awhile ago I saved some worms from drowning, because it seemed unkind to let them die. About 100 people gathered around and decided to bully me for it. It just seems a strange wold in which we live when people are criticised forsaving four lives. Maybe worms are not the most glamourous creatures, but they have every right to live, and are important. Also, as someone else said, they're isn't really anything to work towards once you're older than that.
    Thanks for the concern.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.