Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel International A level (IAL): Physics Unit 6 (WPH06) - 19th May, 2016 - PM Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasonqqqq)
    no 1 uncertainity is about 0.014 i use the gradent and multyply 0.002mthen %u is 2.2%
    Did you draw the worst fit line?

ReputationRep:
    i draw a very good best fit line in the last question... almost all the points can on it

ReputationRep:
    Btw, can I quote % uncertainty to 1SF instead of 2SF?

ReputationRep:
    i draw a very good best fit line in the last question... almost all the points can on it
    How do you find uncertainty in question 1 using gradient?

ReputationRep:
    i found the in mark scheme almost all of them are 2sf so i have written 2 sf

ReputationRep:
    just use 7.14X 0.002 = 0.0014N

ReputationRep:
    just use 7.14X 0.002 = 0.0014N
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    uncertainity / uncertainity = constant

so use constant to calculate the another uncertainity..

but i am not sure is it correct..

ReputationRep:
    How about precaution for the capacitor question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgygt)
    How about precaution for the capacitor question?
    In a past paper the answer was to check the orientation of the capacitor, to prevent overheating I believe

ReputationRep:
    Correct orientation to avoid over heating, this was in a past paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli4rg)
    Correct orientation to avoid over heating, this was in a past paper
    This is for preventing it from damage
    I'm asking about next part of the question (precaution for getting accurate reading)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgygt)
    This is for preventing it from damage
    I'm asking about next part of the question (precaution for getting accurate reading)
    Oh, sorry- because I was taking readings ever 5 seconds I said that the stopwatch should be close to the voltmeter to try reduce errors formed when taking simultaneous readings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli4rg)
    Oh, sorry- because I was taking readings ever 5 seconds I said that the stopwatch should be close to the voltmeter to try reduce errors formed when taking simultaneous readings
    Why would you use stopwatch?
    This experiment is not the same with the previous one in past paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgygt)
    Why would you use stopwatch?
    This experiment is not the same with the previous one in past paper
    I was taking the voltage levels per 5 seconds whilst charging so V1 then again for V2 so I had multiple results to plot but idk ...

ReputationRep:
    For the uncertainity in question 1 I found the max possible value of W1 minus minimum possible value . and then divide by 2
    I got something like 0.015N

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owais.ik)
    For the uncertainity in question 1 I found the max possible value of W1 minus minimum possible value . and then divide by 2
    I got something like 0.015N
    same approach, but i forgot to divide it by two, is that ok? cuz full range for uncertainty is sometimes ok😵

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kev__)
    same approach, but i forgot to divide it by two, is that ok? cuz full range for uncertainty is sometimes ok😵
    Yea It's okay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kev__)
    Well I have seen papers with uncertainity as either full or half range. So there's chance that it is correct

ReputationRep:
    it said sth like the uncertainty of l is 0.2 mm as i recall

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.