Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Blondie987)
    If you don't mind black and white films Rear Window by Alfred Hitcok is a really good thriller imo or Shutter Island?
    Shutter Island, I've never watched it but I heard it was really good so I'll watch it.
    So I'll be of here then, it was really nice talking to you, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Shutter Island, I've never watched it but I heard it was really good so I'll watch it.
    So I'll be of here then, it was really nice talking to you, thanks
    No problem, hope you enjoy it! feel free to pm if you need to talk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    You're not helping by saying that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And how would you know exactly?

When I'm down I think of things I'm blessed with and that helps ease me out of my depressed thoughts.

Excuse me for providing advice from my own experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I'm studying Spanish and French too! As well as Portuguese but that's just in first year which I've technically finished

I want to get into running more long distance any tips?

Aw, hope you're having fun anyway
    Nice one. I've self taught a tiny bit of Portuguese which has got me by in Lisbon bars and restaurants (bloody epic city btw, one of the best in Europe if not the planet).

Running: Half an hour three times a week plus a parkrun to start. Then kick on once you've got the bug.

I hope this feeling passes but while it is happening I know it's all encompassing. Just please know that you aren't alone, nor a failure, for feeling like this and the student room is full of loving people ready to chat 24/7! Best wishes to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Nice one. I've self taught a tiny bit of Portuguese which has got me by in Lisbon bars and restaurants (bloody epic city btw, one of the best in Europe if not the planet).

Running: Half an hour three times a week plus a parkrun to start. Then kick on once you've got the bug.
    Really? My lecturer is from Lisbon, I would love to go to Portugal and Brazil if possible, Portuguese is such a cool language as well, I was surprised to see how much it differed from Spanish

cool, thanks I'm a pretty fast runner but my stamina isn't great so hopefully that'll help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pineapplefridge)
    And how would you know exactly?

When I'm down I think of things I'm blessed with and that helps ease me out of my depressed thoughts.

Excuse me for providing advice from my own experience.
    "Feeling down" isn't the same as being depressed. I would know, and I'm telling you that "happy thoughts" aren't going to help one ****.

ReputationRep:
    You got a job? What season is it where you are? Are you lonely or alone? I'm alone most of the time but what makes me feel bad about being alone is society or my family viewing being alone a bad sign, and pitying me for being alone. Have any acquaintances or people you talk to in real life but not friends?

Any plans going to college or at least public college? Even if you're not a social person, try finding one person who looks friendly and asking them their name and asking questions about them. Get out the house, and join a club or community at your location. If you feel lonely, you"ll fee worse about it staying at home. Get a job, talk to your co workers, talk to old people, young people, just anyone. Any form of face to face communication beats getting none. I'm not social person myself, and I'm stay home nearly every day but if you're feel awful about being alone you should probably take some risks and putting yourself "out there" to people of your age group. Your social skills will never get better if you don't practice. You don't have to be super confident or a social butterfly. Open your mouth and speak.

It is easier than said than done but it'll help you feel better.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.