Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virolite)
    new spec psychology exam was supprisingly easy, expecting 90+ ums at minimum
    Yeah thats what im thinking. It was a bit TOO easy. It was a very unusual paper...but did they HAVE to include piecharts? Really? Really OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did this paper! It was independent measure apparently, I put repeated also messed up the iv and DV, but at least the questioned as s and w of labs if it had been the design I chose I would of messed that up too!! I hope a lot of other people messed this up too or I'll be getting a poor grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maisiejolli)
    Omgggg I hated that paper! What did anyone write for the section B and what design was it? I was tempted to write a quasi experiment but that wasn't a design!!! Did I read the question wrong?!
    I did this paper! It was independent measure apparently, I put repeated also messed up the iv and DV, but at least the questioned as s and w of labs if it had been the design I chose I would of messed that up too!! I hope a lot of other people messed this up too or I'll be getting a poor grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    Yeah thats what im thinking. It was a bit TOO easy. It was a very unusual paper...but did they HAVE to include piecharts? Really? Really OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that question was a gift, eh at least it wasn't histograms :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tricks111)
    the experimental design was your choice in the 12 marker.

ReputationRep:
    there was a clear modal value..
    Wait...for the corridor question yes? Modal means most occurring number, but there was none. Unless it was 80...ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know what to put for a control of the extraneous variable? I put control for participant variables using repeated measures😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiamendes)
    I didn't know what to put for a control of the extraneous variable? I put control for participant variables using repeated measures😭😭
    I had done Matched-pairs, but my extraneous would be making sure none of them had owned pets before because it may influence how lonely they are...i dont know what I was thinking :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    I had done Matched-pairs, but my extraneous would be making sure none of them had owned pets before because it may influence how lonely they are...i dont know what I was thinking :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my god i was going to put that but i took it away!!! Should have kept it

ReputationRep:
    I got the dependent variable wrong for the 1marker as so I also messed up on the 12 markk with measuring the dv, feel like a right idiot. I waffled the whole way through but luckily i justified my reasons and mentioned about a previous study twice or more. Oh wells

ReputationRep:
    the experimental design was your choice in the 12 marker.
    I did a different paper to you guys, mine was an AS retake

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the significant figure percentage one?! I couldn't work out if it was 40% or 40.3% ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schoolgirl1)
    What was the answer to the significant figure percentage one?! I couldn't work out if it was 40% or 40.3% ?!
    I think i put 41.67% because it was to 2 d.p can't remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiamendes)
    I think i put 41.67% because it was to 2 d.p can't remember
    No it wasn't decimal places, I'm pretty sure it was to two significant figures which is different?

ReputationRep:
    yes, 80 was the most frequent behavioural category listed, don't worry though it was only 1-2 marks, if you smashed the 12 marker it will make up for it

ReputationRep:
    It was to 2 significant figures wasn't it so 40% ☺️

ReputationRep:
    it was 40% to two s.f.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanyabarzilova)
    It was to 2 significant figures wasn't it so 40% ☺️
    I got 40% too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LowkeyLogical)
    I got the dependent variable wrong for the 1marker as so I also messed up on the 12 markk with measuring the dv, feel like a right idiot. I waffled the whole way through but luckily i justified my reasons and mentioned about a previous study twice or more. Oh wells
    what did you put as the DV?

ReputationRep:
    No it wasn't decimal places, I'm pretty sure it was to two significant figures which is different?
    Oh crap really? I must have read it wrong then that's another 3 marks gone!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.