Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i dont care about gays but i had a right to know from the beginning

stop twisting everything i say!!!!!!!
    Yoo, I'm sorry but you don't have a "right" to know what someone's sexuality is, just because you're supposedly her best friend (Imma use that term loosely bc really, you're acting like a self centered idiot right now)
    Her sexuality is not something she can control; you don't decide to be gay or straight or whatever. You are really ignorant if you think you deserve to know

(Also, it's not twisting what you say, what you're saying is just that stupid)

(Original post by Ananaz)
    Oh dear... now your whole post makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Im not saying she does but theres a good chance. shes obsessed with me. always commenting on my profile pictures and texting me 24/7!!!!
    You said she was your "best friend", so therefore you are (clearly not even that) of hers. Best friends compliment each other and tend to tag in social media/give support, and text 24/7 to be close, that's what they do. You're such a silly child for probably ruining this poor girl's chances of finding the courage to come out to anyone else for the fear of the same reaction as yours. And if you haven't "noticed" if she's hit on you, then she probably never has, and probably never will due to your disgraceful reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    are all straight people attracted to everyone of the opposite sex?
    Don't know why you should assume she'll automatically have a crush on you just because she's gay

ReputationRep:
    Im not saying she does but theres a good chance. shes obsessed with me. always commenting on my profile pictures and texting me 24/7!!!!
    Maybe secretly you are hoping she fancies you?
    I would never fancy a friend I have known for 8 years would be weird so don't flatter yourself thinking she wants you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    So after being friends with her for 8 goddamn years(!!!!!) she decides to come out. Don't get me wrong, im not homophobic but i don't feel comfortable with my best friend being a lesbian. Im not starting to think she tried to hit on me at one point in life and i probably didnt even notice!!!

I'm so lost and so disappointed she couldnt tell me earlier - did she not trust me enough or something?? I feel like i cant asking her for 'boy advice' anymore as she will tell me not to date them because she is into me secretly........ Ive tried to hint to her that im not ok anymore being such close friends. ive avoided her in school and she did notice but didnt make the link....

Has anyone bean in such situation?
    :erm:

She's your friend I doubt she didn't tell you because she had feelings for you... maybe she was just worried you wouldn't treat her the same, or would reject her because of it.

And realistically, if she did like you, so what? It doesn't make any difference to you, and as your friend, I'm sure she would be able to put it aside if it turned out to be the case.

ReputationRep:
    This poor girl's been friends with you for eight years?!?! Yeah, avoid her- so maybe she can actually make some supportive, considerate, un- homophobic and, y'know, NICE friends.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone bean in such situation?
    This makes me feel sick, even sicker than the attitude you have put against your 'bff' assuming she'll hit on you.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, get over yourself. Just because she is a lesbian and you and a girl, doesn't mean she's going to hit on you..wtf.

ReputationRep:
    You are a very *****y person if you choose to treat her differently after she's revealed this to you. Absolutely nothing has changed in your friendship, except from how you're viewing it.

Things are exactly the same as beforehand and there's no need to act any differently, what is such the big issue with having a close friend who is a lesbian.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ananaz)
    You sound a little bit immature. What, are you 10 years old?

You need to get that big head out of your ass and realise that her being a lesbian doesn't equate to her having a crush on you necessarily. Also, even if she did like you in that way, she wouldn't take it any further than that. For example, you're more likely to get raped by your MALE friends so you really have nothing to complain about or be scared about.

And yes you're a bigot. Just because you don't wish death upon her, doesn't mean you're not a homophobe.
    Legally for you to be raped there has to be genetalia penetrating you so....

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care if my bf was a lesbian in fact a lot of my friends are gay bi and lesbians and I don't give
    if they are happy im happy for them

ReputationRep:
    You need to be realistic mate...

ReputationRep:
    1. this doesn't mean she likes you
    2. don't assume
    3. if you don't understand things like why she didnt tell you earlier ASK!
    4.You can sooooo ask her for boy advice. Just because she's not into them doesn't mean she wouldn't help her bff when she has relationship trouble. If you think she likes you then again ASK. If the answer is no then there yah go. If the answer is yes you tell her im sorry but i dont feel the same way and be understanding bc shes only human and at least she will have closure and eventually she will lose those feelings. It's exactly the same as a guy liking you except she will probably respect you more bc you guys have been bffs
    5. chilllllll it is not a big deal

ReputationRep:
    i dont care about gays but i had a right to know from the beginning

stop twisting everything i say!!!!!!!
    Fgs child, she may have worked out her sexuality much later after you've been her "best friend"
    And if she had the guts to come out to you (which may I say is extremely difficult, from knowing what a couple of my good friends went through) you need to respect that, and not be a cactus about it.

but im the only person she talks to. who else is she going to like?

I'm done. Okay so you think you can only have a crush on someone you talk to? So you've never had a crush on that guy in your school who you've NEVER talked to? Like hunnie bun, get over yourself.

Hmmm. okayyy. Maybe...just maayyyyybeeee... she thinks of you as her best friend, who she can talk with anytime??? *gasps*
    Like booboo, you don't have to be lesbian/gay to comment/talk to your best friend all the time ya know?

Annd just cause she's lesbian, and apparently she only talks to you, does NOT mean she's into you at all. k.

And dear lord, lool, she's not gonna bias the advice and all and pressure you to date girls, jeez.

Jesus what is this world coming to.

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, you're one of them who thinks that if someone's lesbian/gay, they'll start hitting on every straight person in the room :erm: I think she needs a new bff since you don't really fall into a category of being her best friend as you think just because she likes girls that she will hit on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Legally for you to be raped there has to be genetalia penetrating you so....
    Not true, you can be raped by a foreign object as well, like a bottle or something.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I had friendships with girls that I broken off with or ended. I did learn that my ex-friend was a lesbian from a different source though, and that it was unexpected. I do know two girls who are bi. It was a real shocker to know the girl's friend was bi too but wasn't heavy on me.

If I was in your situation I would be taken back by the news but she still the same person from 8 years ago, right? Or did she changed? Maybe you changed?

Tbh, it is a real leap to assume she's into you. If she wanted to make a move on you she would have by now. Hey, nothing will happen between you two unless you want something to happen if you know what I'm sayin.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Marcelly123)
    Not true, you can be raped by a foreign object as well, like a bottle or something.
    And that's the problem when they call it penetration - it's an ambiguous term so some people think it means the double entendre only, and others think it includes the kinky stuff.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.